Diffrence between american and dutch kickboxing

Kyokushinkai copied Muay Thai lowkicks.

And Muay Thai is American kickboxing's daddy because he gives it regular spankings.

lol I agree ad a whole but when you want to get the best heavyweights in a ring to slug it out more than once a night, Muay Thai is absurd. Careers would be over in much less of a fight record.
Imagine if all the Glory/K1/Showtime Heavies over the years could clinch knee and elbow.

I love the K1 rule set but I do love Muay Thai.

What seems really different, which makes me say it can't be related in its origin it's footwork and guard.

Dutch style has a notorious boxing background, muay thai is unique. I do like dutch kickboxing more, but the thai guys are really artists. Have a whole different movement philosophy, and even different body composition and postures.

Excellent reply!! Thanks a lot. I thought some of that but hadn't a clue.

So from your explanation, can be concluded that both kickboxing are different because they have really different origins.

American and Dutch kickboxing are from different times and different origins. They evolved separately.

A Bogus Muay Thai worshipper who thinks every legit martial arts copied muay thai.

How do you know ? Are you Dutch ?
How do I know? Go to Netherlands, study it's history.Ever heard of Mejiro Gym? Kenji Kurosaki? This guys are doing this things before Muay Thai explode into popularity.

How do I know? Go to Netherlands, study it's history.Ever heard of Mejiro Gym? Kenji Kurosaki? This guys are doing this things before Muay Thai explode into popularity.

Who told you ? What are their names ?

What seems really different, which makes me say it can't be related in its origin it's footwork and guard.

Dutch style has a notorious boxing background, muay thai is unique. I do like dutch kickboxing more, but the thai guys are really artists. Have a whole different movement philosophy, and even different body composition and postures.
But I find the Dutch Kickboxing is more efficient and more practical what it may lack in elbows makes it in boxing and kick combinations
And head movement and footwork are also there to exist.

Who told you ? What are their names ?
Spread the word that May Thai is superior to any art is nonsense, have you seen the Muay Thai Invitational in Lumpinee where the Muay Thai Champions got trashed by the Kyokushin Karatekas?

Kurosaki is--if not directly taking techniques off of MT--super highly influenced by it given that his motivation for latching onto KB is driven by him shaming kyokushin by being the only one to lose in a MT vs. Kyokushin mixed match.

You Muay Th

Still cannot specify Dutch who says that ? LOL

1378780156-1377407801-o.gif

Back