Did GSP's stock surpass Conor McGregor's after JRE?

NTHOLLAND

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What can I say. If you have not seen the latest JRE podcast yet with GSP, please check the video below.

One of the greatest MMA podcast episodes of all time. The way GSP explains his stories, motivations, fears and ambitions is so much different compared to the cocky, over the top and lately (to be honest) just annoying personality of Conor McGregor.

It is great to see something so refreshing.

GSP is brutally honest about so many things and he seems to be in a good place. Not once do you hear him talk about how much money he earned, or how rich he is, private planes and shit.

What did you guys think? I tried to add a poll, but not sure how to do it. If a mod can do it, that would be great.

Last edited:
Except GSP said that he loves Conor McGregor, Chael Sonnen, and the drama.

Don't see what GSP has anything to do with Conor.

I've always liked GSP over Conor.

GSP is all class. Conor is all trash.

Outside of the octagon, GSP as always been a better human than Connor.

In the octagon, Connor is able to finish opponents, unlike Georges.

Depends what you mean by stock. Fans? I'd say Conor still has more. PPV drawing power? Probably still Conor. Likeability? GSP > Conor even before the podcast.

Conor and GSP are two different types of fighters you mook. I listened to the full 3 hours though, amazing podcast. GSP with his weird French Canadian accent was making a ton of sense and had lots of introspective thoughts on fighting anyone who enjoys fighting would want to hear. On the contrary, you know how I know GSP and Conor are two different fighters, one has 95 million more than the other.

Conor and GSP are two different types of fighters you mook. I listened to the full 3 hours though, amazing podcast. GSP with his weird French Canadian accent was making a ton of sense and had lots of introspective thoughts on fighting anyone who enjoys fighting would want to hear. On the contrary, you know how I know GSP and Conor are two different fighters, one has 95 million more than the other.

I don't think either GSP nor Conor has 95 million.

GSP is the better fighter, the more dominant champion and actually has meaningful and thoughtful things to say. Is the GOAT, but remains humble. I love Conor, but... he can't compete with that.

When Conor first came on the scene, he had a few interesting things to say about how to achieve things and self-belief. But I don't think he really has much else to say beyond that. He is kind of shallow. His recent actions show someone who bought his own hype and is out of control. Probably on drugs. It is a shame.

Until Conor drags his ass on JRE...

I like GSP and Conor... you don't have to pick one. They're both great in their own way.

The only things Conor has ever been better than GSP at are talking trash and making money. GSP destroys him in any other department.

GSPs time as a big draw has passed.
It peaked with UFC Toronto.

Conor is a much bigger star than GSP was at his peak. It's progression of media and internet.

Get over it you butthurt woman.

Both fighters are awesome.

No and it never will. Watch the Evander Holyfield documentary and it will further prove that humility gets you no where in the fight game.

The only things Conor has ever been better than GSP at are talking trash and making money. GSP destroys him in any other department.

I actually think GSP probably has more money than Conor

the sponsorships he has here in canada are absolutely massive. They even had him going around promoting the new dragon ball game.

GSP gave good insight on his worldview. I share many similar views as he does. Especially, his views on choice and free-will.

I disagree with him on the claim that PEDs play a significant role in MMA. Basically, his argument against PEDs in competition was "a healthier human being is a better fighter." Duh! That is so obvious. The question becomes, where do you draw line?

If you have a hard training day and you are sore and full of inflammation, and you take a Non-steroid Inflammatory Drug (NSAIDS), which are pharmaceutically proven to reduce inflammation and pain, you will have a relatively faster recovery, and feel better. Should USADA ban NSAIDS? Why is Creatine banned, when there is evidence that it improves performance?

The claim that PEDs should be banned in athletic competition because they make you a healthier human being, and consequently a better athlete seems ridiculous to me. That means all medical technologies that are proven to improve human health should be prohibited to athletes.

No Conor the goat. Have to remember gsp is one of the most boring champions of all time. Conor has 18 ko's

GSP is worldclass..Conor acts like a piece of trash.

Two different people. Gsp has the better resume and is the better fighter. Only thing Conor has over Gsp is marketability and money and even that is debatable

Back