Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you seem to spend a lot of effort in installing, uninstalling and reinstalling Destiny.

Good. I'll be on in an hour and a half.

(Who's counting? haha!)

After watching a couple streams yesterday of the Prestige Raid my clan wanted to go in there and try it out. I suggested we go into normal mode and do some cross-training... we have all pretty much taken specific roles and 4 of us had never done the running inside the gauntlet (except for the end part) and we have always had the same 3 in the throne room and the same 3 in the shade room. So after some bitching and whining from the worst player on our team, we all went into normal and switched it up a bit.

We got to Calus but swapping throne room for shade phase was a lot more difficult than I had thought it would be. Took about 10 runs before we even got to skulls, and then we had a guy (same worst guy who was bitching) who would die almost immediately in the throne room everytime, and then bitch and whine over the mic while we were trying to listen to callouts. I can't for the life of me understand why people find it necessary to narrate everything they are doing over the mic in the raid... "i'm out of ammo, I have no heavy, no super, no grenade," etc... just do what you can with what you've got and let others do the same.

Anyways, I think it was good practice for the most part and it will certainly help us when we do transition over to Prestige mode.

They've got to fix sbmm in quickplay. It gets exhausting when they continue putting blueberries on your team against solid players to even it out. I can't tell you how many times I'll have 2.0-4.0 kda and still lose because the whole team has .5 and under. Holy hell it's frustrating.

They've got to fix sbmm in quickplay. It gets exhausting when they continue putting blueberries on your team against solid players to even it out. I can't tell you how many times I'll have 2.0-4.0 kda and still lose because the whole team has .5 and under. Holy hell it's frustrating.

I thought the whole point of QUICKplay was to get a match faster and disregard skill. Competitive is where you'll see a better SBMM and I have a much better time in there; both when I play with a fireteam and when I solo-queue.

I think it's likely that once the DLC drops they will separate the playlists out and let people choose their desired playlist. By this time most people will have an established "base rating" in PvP so every playlist could be SBMM and it should work out much better.

Fix? No. They need to remove Skill Based Matchmaking from Quickplay. I'm tired of having to play the same streamers and other people I matched constantly when I played Destiny all the time. When they ran in a 6-stack in the first game there were ways to beat them if you were solo queuing, in Destiny 2? Good luck beating 4 good players when you're playing with randoms.

The sad part is that with Overwatch being in a fucking awful state right now, I'm actually looking forward to, and debating buying, the PC version of this game. Someone shoot me.
I thought the whole point of QUICKplay was to get a match faster and disregard skill. Competitive is where you'll see a better SBMM and I have a much better time in there; both when I play with a fireteam and when I solo-queue.

I think it's likely that once the DLC drops they will separate the playlists out and let people choose their desired playlist. By this time most people will have an established "base rating" in PvP so every playlist could be SBMM and it should work out much better.
The only real difference between what they call 'Competitive'(It's actually laughable to call it that) and Quickplay is the game types. Also, Countdown isn't a good game type for Destiny. It was proven with Skorris that you can't give Destiny players the opportunity to just sit back and build supers or they'll take it.

For my fellow PC guys:
10192017_pc_calendar.jpg

x7tDsjp.png

Thanks NeoGAF.

They just canceled Trials for two weeks because of an emote.

{<jordan}

For my fellow PC guys:
10192017_pc_calendar.jpg

x7tDsjp.png

Thanks NeoGAF.
{<jordan}

I was just browsing the Bungo forums and some thread said they've lost 2 million players in a month(I didn't bother checking the numbers myself)...

<2>

Two Jordan smilies sum up Destiny 2 pretty well at this point.

Last edited:
Fix? No. They need to remove Skill Based Matchmaking from Quickplay. I'm tired of having to play the same streamers and other people I matched constantly when I played Destiny all the time. When they ran in a 6-stack in the first game there were ways to beat them if you were solo queuing, in Destiny 2? Good luck beating 4 good players when you're playing with randoms.

The sad part is that with Overwatch being in a fucking awful state right now, I'm actually looking forward to, and debating buying, the PC version of this game. Someone shoot me.

The only real difference between what they call 'Competitive'(It's actually laughable to call it that) and Quickplay is the game types. Also, Countdown isn't a good game type for Destiny. It was proven with Skorris that you can't give Destiny players the opportunity to just sit back and build supers or they'll take it.

According to the literature you incorrect ; there is certainly a different emphasis in terms of matchmaking and connection between the 2 PvP playlists.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4424503/d...yer-playlist-matchmaking-tweaked-for-pc-beta/
https://dotesports.com/general/destiny-2-crucible-modes-overview-17481

Again, there is nothing stopping teams or highly experience players from jumping into Quickplay as they are welcome to enjoy those game modes like everybody else. And in my case I've generally had much closer matches in the Competitive playlist than I have in Quickplay.

That sucks about Trials but props to Bungie for trying to keep the integrity of Trials intact. They swung the ban-hammer pretty hard this week... half of the Bungie.net forums is people whining that they were banned for cheating in Trials. Trials gear locked, locked out of Crucible, etc. Some of the funniest stories... guys pretending they had no idea what was going on when 7 matches in a row their entire opposing team just decided to leave the game.

It's funny that people are whining and bitching about how Bungie has cancelled Trials, but if they were getting shot from behind a wall constantly they would cry and complain about that... cursing Bungie to the core for allowing that kind of cheating to occur. Both Bungie.net and r/DestinyTheGame has posts calling for Luke Smith to be fired. LMAO... bunch of fucking drama queens.

I'm still enjoying the game though I can certainly understand some of the criticism. Something about D1 was that the game made you feel like you needed to constantly play and grind for new gear, more light, that god-rolled weapon, etc. D2 really gives you quite a bit more freedom to play at your leisure. People bitched incessantly that the only way to obtain max light was through raids / trials / fireteam activities, so Bungie heard you all loud and clear and gave you MANY path ways to max power. Hell, with mods, you can even be at max power with all blue gear. For those who want the harder challenges there is the Prestige modes and they are quite difficult.. that fucking Prestige raid is a nightmare for most teams.

Also, Bungie mentioned that in a couple weeks we're going to see "Challenge Modes" for each encounter. New emblem and guaranteed raid drop for completion.

Bungie is also going to Twitchcon where they say they will be announcing some stuff about the seasons in D2. Fucking Reddit is imploding over no mention of Festival of the Lost in the Weekly Update, but I'll bet they're just going to announce it tomorrow during their panel.

The crucible population for d2 is reaching close to d1 year 3 levels. End of Destiny 1 there was around 800,000 active players in the crucible. That number is now 1.1m. This is a huge drop off from the 5.4m total players that logged in once to play. Even with the prestige raid coming out about 1.8m are playing pve, definitely a bit higher but the charts don't lie about the rapid decline.

They just canceled Trials for two weeks because of an emote.

{<jordan}

{<jordan}

I was just browsing the Bungo forums and some thread said they've lost 2 million players in a month(I didn't bother checking the numbers myself)...

<2>

Two Jordan smilies sum up Destiny 2 pretty well at this point.
So what you're saying is they banned a bunch of dudes from trials then cancelled trials

I guess so? I didn't know they were swinging the ban hammer.
They handed out a bunch of temp bans for ddosing in trials, and now no trials for two weeks. That'll show em

Reddit is full of self-entitled group-think pussies.

I am happy to hear that Bungie is swinging the ban hammer around like Thor. Bring it on. Trials was an ego-crushing shit-show when I tried it, and I suspected that a LOT of the people I went up against were cheating somehow. I can usually recognize good team playing VS lag switching pretty fast, and I can tell the difference between when I am outclassed VS cheated.

Completed the Prestige Nightfall last night. Truth be told, it wasn't easy for me. We failed four times before we finally got it on the fifth try, and in the end we did it with three titans, all running the OP Double Pulse Grenade loadout. I hated it because I am a Hunter Main, but whatever: I just wanted the emblem.

Anyways tanker, you are hitting the nail on the head. Bungie can't win either way with these spoiled brats. They go one direction: Half the community is up in arms. They go the other direction: Half the community is up in arms. They try to find a balance: Half the community is up in arms.

Frig. one of the first teasers they released featured Cayde straight-up TELLING US: "There will be tons of loot!"

Now people bitch about the easy loot. I am so glad that my clanmates love this game like I do.

Last edited:
That sucks about Trials but props to Bungie for trying to keep the integrity of Trials intact. They swung the ban-hammer pretty hard this week... half of the Bungie.net forums is people whining that they were banned for cheating in Trials. Trials gear locked, locked out of Crucible, etc. Some of the funniest stories... guys pretending they had no idea what was going on when 7 matches in a row their entire opposing team just decided to leave the game.

It's funny that people are whining and bitching about how Bungie has cancelled Trials, but if they were getting shot from behind a wall constantly they would cry and complain about that... cursing Bungie to the core for allowing that kind of cheating to occur. Both Bungie.net and r/DestinyTheGame has posts calling for Luke Smith to be fired. LMAO... bunch of fucking drama queens.

I'm still enjoying the game though I can certainly understand some of the criticism. Something about D1 was that the game made you feel like you needed to constantly play and grind for new gear, more light, that god-rolled weapon, etc. D2 really gives you quite a bit more freedom to play at your leisure. People bitched incessantly that the only way to obtain max light was through raids / trials / fireteam activities, so Bungie heard you all loud and clear and gave you MANY path ways to max power. Hell, with mods, you can even be at max power with all blue gear. For those who want the harder challenges there is the Prestige modes and they are quite difficult.. that fucking Prestige raid is a nightmare for most teams.

Also, Bungie mentioned that in a couple weeks we're going to see "Challenge Modes" for each encounter. New emblem and guaranteed raid drop for completion.

Bungie is also going to Twitchcon where they say they will be announcing some stuff about the seasons in D2. Fucking Reddit is imploding over no mention of Festival of the Lost in the Weekly Update, but I'll bet they're just going to announce it tomorrow during their panel.
I don't understand why ppl would cheat then when they get caught act like they didn't know and just temp bans are fucking stupid give them perma bans. As for max light meh don't care they pussed out and caved to the crybaby players in D1 and let max light shit drop outside of the Raids then did it agian when they added max drops to the Iron Banner. There is no reason to be 305 other then the raid them letting ppl get to 305 just by buying mods and free gift from being a member of a clan is stupid. Why play the game over and over when shit is just handed to you it gets boring unless they keep having new events like festival of the lost and a SRL event before the dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back