Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways tanker, you are hitting the nail on the head. Bungie can't win either way with these spoiled brats. They go one direction: Half the community is up in arms. They go the other direction: Half the community is up in arms. They try to find a balance: Half the community is up in arms.

Frig. one of the first teasers they released featured Cayde straight-up TELLING US: "There will be tons of loot!"

Now people bitch about the easy loot. I am so glad that my clanmates love this game like I do.

I am satisfied. I look forward to what they have planned for the future too.

I am satisfied. I look forward to what they have planned for the future too.
how'd you feel about D1? I never got to the point in that one where I quit because I was bored I bitched and moaned about it alot but I kept playing until the end. The only time I stopped was when Fallout 4 came out or back in yr1 when I had a beaver issue. I put around 2800 hrs in the first game and I never got to the point where I felt meh this one makes me feel meh there is no real incentive in playing it at this point for me. There is really nothing to chase after none of the guns have that I need to get this gun to compete feeling to it where I grind away to get it and I don't care about chasing emblems, emotes, shaders, armour sets, or trophies. The max level is useless so far and the "grinding" in this one is meaningless everything in the first game felt like you needed to do it this one doesn't have that feel.

So we jumped in there last night to give Prestige Mode a shot and it's quite a challenge. We got through the gauntlet and I'll tell you what... most people can't solo their area anymore. The Cabal take way too many shots and deal too much damage, along with the fucking Psions taking popshots at you from basically behind cover. We came across a thread on Reddit with other people having a hard time, and they had some good advice. Start the encounter and then have your whole team meet up at a single area (we chose Chalice) and then have the whole team wipe the adds and then move on to the next area. Do this until you clear the 3rd area then have everybody head back to their own area and everybody who can see help that last area clear adds. The Centurion won't spawn until like 95% of the adds are dead, so once he spawns we found Wardriff Coil to be almost a shot kill if at the correct range. Hit him with Wardriff then swap to a high-caliber-rounds weapon and finish him off. The HCR really seem to do some good work in stunning the tougher enemies. We still did the running area / arrows stuff as normal, but when you punch your Psion a projection appears everytime, so we had the person who was helping you shoot your arrows take out the projection while the puncher got back to their pillar. Kind of pissed as we all thought Prestige mode guaranteed drops but alas, it does not. Funny enough when you do Presige Mode you're not getting Normal drops as well.. not sure why they thought that was a good design change, but oh well.

We had a really tough time trying to open the door to the Warbeast room... it's really a killbox in that small area, so we ended up just going through the Underbelly to get to the Dogs. The addition of the 2 Dogs, as well as new patrol routes, was an interesting change. The problem we kept having is the dogs were detecting people on the pillars constantly. I don't know how you're supposed to complete the encounter with that bullshit constantly happening. Looks like the adds and Dogs don't have anymore health, so killing the additional 2 Dogs isn't really going to be a problem. We didn't finish Dogs but we'll knock it out tonight I think and keep on progressing.

do the chest atleast have extra stuff?

We fought our way into the Gauntlet so we got that chest and it has new shaders (with some more purple... pretty cool actually) with 6 or 7 Calus tokens, the 300 engram, and some glimmer. So same shit as usual there but with "Presige" shaders. The chest at Gauntlet nobody got anything outside of Calus tokes (6 or 7 again). Oh well, still satisfying to beat that as it's quite a bit more of a challenge. I also enjoy the Prestige encounter more because more shit is going on. I was always a pillar guy (Sun) and it's a slow, boring encounter waiting for guys to make their call outs, then someone jumps into a pit (for the 100th fucking time) and wipe / start all over. Or some asshole forgets to go and punch their Psion or somebody dies from the Centurion, gets revived, and dies immediately again. My raid group is a much more fun / chill group, but after a while it gets frustrating having the same people make the same mistakes over and over, and then just laugh it off like they did nothing wrong.

So yeah, much more going on and quite a bit more fun. Lots of things to watch out for, and I also really enjoyed having my turn at getting in there and running a lap.

Nice to know Xur has jack and shit again.

We fought our way into the Gauntlet so we got that chest and it has new shaders (with some more purple... pretty cool actually) with 6 or 7 Calus tokens, the 300 engram, and some glimmer. So same shit as usual there but with "Presige" shaders. The chest at Gauntlet nobody got anything outside of Calus tokes (6 or 7 again). Oh well, still satisfying to beat that as it's quite a bit more of a challenge. I also enjoy the Prestige encounter more because more shit is going on. I was always a pillar guy (Sun) and it's a slow, boring encounter waiting for guys to make their call outs, then someone jumps into a pit (for the 100th fucking time) and wipe / start all over. Or some asshole forgets to go and punch their Psion or somebody dies from the Centurion, gets revived, and dies immediately again. My raid group is a much more fun / chill group, but after a while it gets frustrating having the same people make the same mistakes over and over, and then just laugh it off like they did nothing wrong.

So yeah, much more going on and quite a bit more fun. Lots of things to watch out for, and I also really enjoyed having my turn at getting in there and running a lap.
sounds like they are pretty stingy with their raid loot

...damn. First DLC is set for a December release, right? That's a long time to expect people to stick with it on the off chance the DLC makes it better.
there might be a couple events that keeps them around

there might be a couple events that keeps them around
Festival of the Lost is the only usual event between now and then, isn't it? I don't know if people are going to come back for shaders and masks this time around. We'll see if they announce anything at Twitchcon, if they're even going to be there. A lot of people that played the first game until the very end aren't very impressed with ol' Bungo at the moment.

Festival of the Lost is the only usual event between now and then, isn't it? I don't know if people are going to come back for shaders and masks this time around. We'll see if they announce anything at Twitchcon, if they're even going to be there. A lot of people that played the first game until the very end aren't very impressed with ol' Bungo at the moment.
I'm not impressed either I'd take the y3 D1 over the current game but that's just me. The new one looks better has a better navigation I even enjoy the PVE patrol better but the strikes feel too long and not a fan of the random pvp playlist.

I just read(didn't check for myself) that there have been a record number of refunds given on Battle.net for Destiny 2 and now it's 15% off.

I don't know if they gave any info on where things are headed with their Twitchcon presentation today, but for their sake I hope they did.

I just read(didn't check for myself) that there have been a record number of refunds given on Battle.net for Destiny 2 and now it's 15% off.

I don't know if they gave any info on where things are headed with their Twitchcon presentation today, but for their sake I hope they did.

Sure did. Big thing to take away here is that Destiny 2 is now officially in the hands of the "Live Team." So I guess that means the main team is already working on Destiny 3 so that's kind of cool in the sense that they will have a ton of development time to make it the way they want it to be.

I'm going to copy-pasta the date from the Reddit link here about the Twitchcon stream, but here's the link for those who are curious to see the actual examples of new gear / armor / ghosts / ships etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

"
  • Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team.
  • Live Team's goals:
    • New reasons to keep playing
    • New pursuites, rituals, and challenges.
    • And more..
    • Examples: Iron Banner, Faction Rally's, etc.
  • Expansion 1 - Winter 2017 aka Osiris DLC
  • Seasons:
    • Max level so that old/smaller clans have a chance vs only larger more active clans to dominate. Keeps everything on a more fair level.
    • Seasons have themes associated with them. They take feedback from the community for adding and adjusting things such as new emotes, rewards, etc.
    • Goals:
    • More predictable time tables (what to expect and when)
    • Destiny 2 year 1: 4 seasons
    • Make big changes to the game
    • Sandbox tuning, new features, more content
    • Big patches to change the meta, etc.
    • Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time.
    • Season 2: The Dawning will make a return shortly after the launch.
    • Ice Hockey will be enabled
    • Other Easter Eggs
    • You can have snowball fights
    • Event affects will be throughout the world, not just the social space.
    • Armor preview
    • Armor, Weapons, Shaders, and possibly emotes will come
    • Iron Banner - What Bungie Learned:
    • 1,500 YEARS worth of time played between all guardians.
    • Learned how we interacted with the loot system. Will be changes to loot such as letting us direct purchase guns via tokens and legendary shards.
    • The token economy is not always the best way for everything.
    • Unlock ornaments via gameplay vs tokens for some events in the future.
    • Heard community feedback of wanting rewards more meaningful.
    • One more Iron Banner in Season 1.
    • For Season 2, there will be an ornaments slot requiring an objective to unlock to show that you completed a limited event objective.
    • Some new gear
    • Perks and stats will be updated.
    • There will be a complimentary energy and kinetic weapon so you can have one of each.
    • Trials of The Nine
    • There will be ornaments as well, not shown yet but "They look really cool"
    • Updated weapons, both visual look and perks
    • Faction Rally
    • Data was tallied cross-platform.
    • One more in Season 1
    • Screenshot
    • For Season 2 there will be changes to promote playing with a fireteam more vs just solo.
Season 2

• Facton Rally
  • Clarion Call:
    • When: Before end of Season 1
    • Double XP while playing activities with your Fireteam
    • Pilot: Clan collaboration required
    • Screenshot
  • Bright Engrams
    • All the emotes, and other rewards from it will be updated and changed
    • New Mic Drop emote
  • Fun Fact: Bungie has a recording studio that they record the emotes.
  • New transmat effects
  • Exotic Ships
  • Exotic Sparrows
  • Ghosts
  • Shaders
    • Shaders stay season over season (Unless Bungie adjusts down the line, no plays at the moment)
    • They heard our feedback over deleting shaders in mass - On the to do list.
  • Armor
    • Changes in bright engrams when season changes
    • New armor with new seasons
  • Crucible Maps
    • When certain rituals complete special maps goes live to entire circulation - Example
    • Such as the Trials of Nine map, Raid themed map, Shores of time themed from Destiny 1, etc.
Sandbox Tuning

• What is the sandbox? The playable space.
  • Diagnosing the Meta - Data view
  • They have data on basically everything you do such as most played subclass, weapon, what bullets fired from what weapon, usage of basically everything in game.
Clans

• Clan rank resets at Season 2
  • New perks to earn, targeted at what the game goals are (based on the Season themes)
  • Clan rewards
  • You can change the staff/bar in the middle based on clan rewards from seasons.
  • Clan engram updates
    • Make sure loot pool updates
More Info

"

I don't see it but it's 15% off through GMG now. It was only 5% off yesterday.

Down to 800,000 PvP players, lower than Destiny 1 year 3 which has 880,000. Man, I was disappointed with the seasons, nothing new. This system was practically already in place in Destiny 1. The trials season 2 guns were complete reskins again. They should have launched with ranked play and half the people bitching would have a reason to play. Not digging the whole design system for guns, essentially all reskins with different perks just to give it a different name. That's just flat out lazy.

so more pushing of playing in a fireteam & being a member of a clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back