Deontay Wilder would be top 5 heavyweight if he moved to UFC right now

Blaydes would wrestle fuck him

blaydes tried to stand and bang with ngannou and only tried to take him down a couple times and failed. he wouldnt make it past the 30 second mark

all it takes is athleticism to beat blaydes

defending-Blaydes.gif

That A-level athleticism bullshit again.
<CroCop1>

He would dominate 205 and/or HW. His jab would kill all the sub-A-level human cockfighters.

Not going to deny his skill and I’m not going to go into the whole A level athlete convo.

Just one thing... the most important thing... it takes a lot more than athletic abilities and talent to become a successful MMA fighter. End of story .

I agree, especially since the heavyweight division lacks depth and talent. I feel like Deontay Wilder can become champion. Look how far Francis Ngannou has come with his limited skill set. Deontay Wilder even now is superior to ngannou in every aspect.

People still fail to realize that these are 2 different sports and boxing-boxing is not mma boxing

He's the definition of having a puncher's chance. Wtf

People still fail to realize that these are 2 different sports and boxing-boxing is not mma boxing

ngannou was an average boxer who turned to mma and admits he trains no wrestling, he seems to have risen quite far on power and athleticism. He stuffed elite college wrestler curtis blaydes takedowns by being strong and athletic. Deontay trumps him in both of those categories.

and people also fail to realize there is heavyweight talent/athleticism in MMA (C-ish level) and non-heavyweight talent/athleticism (A level).

ngannou was an average boxer who turned to mma and admits he trains no wrestling, he seems to have risen quite far on power and athleticism. He stuffed elite college wrestler curtis blaydes takedowns by being strong and athletic. Deontay trumps him in both of those categories.
He obviously trains grappling considering he has a submission win in the UFC, he said that to save face because he got clowned by the GOAT MMA firefighter STEEPAY MY-OH-CHICK!

He obviously trains grappling considering he has a submission win in the UFC, he said that to save face because he got clowned by STEEPAY MY-OH-CHICK!

i've never trained bjj but I could perform a RNC on someone who was rocked. Also training bjj/subs doesn't mean you know takedowns/tdd. Look at maia. I said he trains no wrestling.

At any weight class he ends up on his back eating elbows inside 60 seconds.

you can know subs but still have terrible takedowns and takedown defense.
Yes but I was referring to claims that he doesn't train wrestling/grappling, he clearly trains them. He showed solid TDD and clinch work against Blaydes and Overeem too, that isn't just pure strength considering Hunt is super strong and got taken down easily by Blaydes.

STIOPIC is just that good! XD

His first fight would be Struve - KO Win, top 15 ranking, then Hunt, KO win, top 10 ranking. Then Lewis, KO Win, Then JDS, KO win, then title shot IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back