Demian Maia vs Rory Macdonald being rumoured for UFC 161

Damn, I would buy that as the main event.

This fight makes sense both are unbooked and the whole rest of the top contender are booked....

I dont think rory could hang with damian long enough, damian will drag his ass to the ground ad control him, and unless he has developed fitches sub defense, he will be out by the second round.

Maia is a lock in this fight, if it was 5 roundsk may be rory wouldve had a better shot...

Now that i think, this fight wont do much for damian though, eferyone knows he can grapplefuck people who are not the best at defnding tds, may be will get him one step closer to the title shot, but guys will still be asking for the "strong wrestler"...

I hope the odds favor rory, easy money here....

This fight makes sense both are unbooked and the whole rest of the top contender are booked....

I dont think rory could hang with damian long enough, damian will drag his ass to the ground ad control him, and unless he has developed fitches sub defense, he will be out by the second round.

Maia is a lock in this fight, if it was 5 roundsk may be rory wouldve had a better shot...

Now that i think, this fight wont do much for damian though, eferyone knows he can grapplefuck people who are not the best at defnding tds, may be will get him one step closer to the title shot, but guys will still be asking for the "strong wrestler"...

I hope the odds favor rory, easy money here....

You are insane, I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Rory Macdonald will stuff his takedowns and box his face off while doing the Ali Shuffle.

Rory+MacDonald+Poorly+Ali+Shuffles+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

You are insane, I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Rory Macdonald will stuff his takedowns and box his face off while doing the Ali Shuffle.

I dont care what you think, your opinion is bases on nutthuggerism, mine on facts.

Ya wtf, most of sherdog has given this fight to Maia already. I have MacDOnald taking this by beating Damians face in and stuffing his takedowns. Rory is a Fitch with better striking and better TDD.

We all saw the same fight. Rory barely stuffed BJ's takedowns and he almost let BJ take his back on the way up. Maia would make a fool of Rory.

Great looking forward to watching Maia try and sub Rory for 15 minutes . NOT .

Aug is just rooting against Maia because he beat DHK

eh if Rory looses maybe he makes a move to 185 for a bit? It seems like he's gotten a lot bigger than he was even just a year ago.

Ya wtf, most of sherdog has given this fight to Maia already. I have MacDOnald taking this by beating Damians face in and stuffing his takedowns. Rory is a Fitch with better striking and better TDD.

Rory is nothing like Fitch and you have no idea how good his tdd is because he hasn't faced a decent wrestler yet.

You couldn't have it any more backwards.

Oh yehah? Fact : rory has not faced or grappler of mais caliber, nor a wrestler who could make his life misserable on the ground.

Fact: maia has taken down bigger stronger and better wrestlers than rory.

Fact: damian is a way better grappler.

I'd rather see Rory go up against a wrestler, but Maia is alright.

I don't understand it either, people are lying to themselves if they think Damien Maia will run through Rory Macdonald.

Lets break it down:

Striking: Rory Macdonald is much better in the striking department.
BJJ: Damien Maia, clearly.
Wrestling: Rory Macdonald is way ahead, Maia has some tricky trips, but nothing that Rory couldn't handle.
Power/Strength: Rory Macdonald is a beast of a fighter, much stronger.
Size: Rory Macdonald is the bigger man, even with Maia coming down from 185.
Experience: Damien Maia, but Rory has fought people like Carlos Condit and Nate Diaz early on in his career, and is coming off a dominating decision of BJ Penn.
Cardio: Even, neither fighter is a cardio machine.

All in all, unless a miracle happens, Rory Macdonald should have little to no problems against Maia. It is nothing less than shocking that so many people are picking Maia to win. It seems like there are A.) A lot of Rory haters or B.) A lot of Maia nuthuggers. C.) A little mix of both A and B or D.) Irrational posters

Bad match up for Rory. I'd actually like to see both guys get one more win and maybe use this to propel Maia into a title shot (with a win over Rory of course)

Oh yehah? Fact : rory has not faced or grappler of mais caliber, nor a wrestler who could make his life misserable on the ground.

Fact: Rory has improved greatly each time we've seen him.

Fact: Rory has MUCH better stand-up than Maia

Fact: Rory trains in one of the best camps on the planet and is a very intelligent fighter himself so he will surely come up with a very strong gameplan going into this fight if it happens.

I'm not saying Rory isn't the underdog 'cause i think he is but completely writing him off would be a huge mistake.

FACT: Anytime Maia fought a well rounded fighter like Rory Macdonald he lost.

FACT: Rory Macdonald is twice the striker Damien Maia is.

FACT: Rory Macdonald is a better wrestler than Damien Maia

Back