Demian Maia vs Rory Macdonald being rumoured for UFC 161

brasilmma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
There are some rumours down here about this fight and a couple twitters.... any info?

Would be an awesome match-up in my opinion.

maia by easy win.

Rory doesn't have the bjj skills to stop maia from getting the sub.

If Rory won't fight the champion he should go somewhere where he is willing to fight the champion.

I hope it's true. Rory really needs a big step up in comp now. It's time to see if the hype is real.

That, and i just want to see someone school Rory from bell to bell.

OH MY GOD!!! I cant wait for this fight. This is the fight I wanted most from the WW division. Maia got this, he's going to stop the hype train which is Rory. Believe that.

I wouldnt have mind if this was the Co-Main event but if its the third fight for a card then thats awesome!!

borat-high-five-o.gif

Maia tearing through the WW division has made it one of the most intriguing divisions in the UFC, and a few years ago I'd have said WW was the least intriguing division in the sport (years of GSP and Fitch being head and shoulders above the rest of the division was so boring).

What did Rory do to piss off Dana?

They spent years building Rory up to throw him under the bus like this?

Guess the figured since Rory won't fight GSP, Maia could after subbing him.

Can't wait to see Main crush the Hipster

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow if Maia wins that he is definitely next in line with Hendricks in terms of wins for a title shot. Rory is tough it would be a great match.

Really interesting fight if it happens. I see Rory being too strong for Maia. I think he'd take it by decision by stalling

Maia bigger stronger and better his standup boxing is also a level above

What did Rory do to piss off Dana?

They spent years building Rory up to throw him under the bus like this?

Guess the figured since Rory won't fight GSP, Maia could after subbing him.

I'm completely fine with that.

maia by easy win.

Rory doesn't have the bjj skills to stop maia from getting the sub.

Maybe not but he might possess the skills to stop Maia from taking him down and if he does get taken down, can Maia keep him down?

Back