Deer Hunters Roundup

My dad has been bailing hay and almost killed a few. Also almost took some out when using a brush hog.

Happens all the time, but a lot of people like to believe nothing ever dies when farming grain and such.

I know its mot true, as do you sir.
Sucks but its a fact of life and farming.

Im right eye dominant (shoot guns right handed) but left handed for many things.

Learning to shoot a bow with my left eye was fun and interesting

Why not just close your left eye like everyone else in that position?

How do you transport a beast that big?

On a Bicycle. Or the passenger seat of the family station wagon. Per Patrick McManus(outdoor humor columnist). RIP Pat.

Never got a deer but I did get a couple of birds on a memorial hunt contest our team won. I went back and got another ruff grouse a few days later because it was so good.

I always said I’d like to eat only wild game but I’m a long ways away from that. Nice deer you’ve all got. I’ll get one next year.

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpeg
    IMG_2160.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Was looking at that. Is there a rifle season? I have to use a shotgun. Sat in the tree stand for 5 days but struck out. Still have bow season if I get out.

Are you a lefty?

I'm a right hander, seeing your left handed bolt action disgusts me in ways you could never understand.

Private land you can use certain calibers that use handgun ammo basically. It's weird.

It went by counties in Wisconsin years back when I was hunting. Some counties you could use a rifle and some only a shotgun. If you are in a rifle county but near the county line, you almost have to use a shotgun or at least have someone in your party with a shotgun so you can track a deer across the county line. Many hunters got caught firing a rifle from one county at a deer in another county where only shotguns are allowed.
Try being a left eye dominant righty. It’s sucks.

Finding a left hand gun can be challenging. I knew a guy who was very good working a right hand bolt with his left hand. Others just got very good at making the first shot count. I always hunted with a bolt action whether with a shotgun or rifle and managed to take a deer down with one shot. I stopped hunting years ago when the land in some of the areas I hunted was sold and the public land was pretty crowded with idiots. I spent more time hunting for lost hunters.

What? No. Combines don't kill deer. You're not chasing down a deer at 3.5mph.

Many combines now are operated much faster than 3.5 mph. I depends on the size of the machine and how many rows they pick. There are a couple of farming YouTube channels that run over 5 miles per hour in new combines picking corn. One of them caught video of the aftermath of a deer going through a combine harvesting soybeans after dark. Often times the operator isn't even aware that a deer goes through in corn because there is so much fodder going in.

Why not just close your left eye like everyone else in that position?

On a Bicycle. Or the passenger seat of the family station wagon. Per Patrick McManus(outdoor humor columnist). RIP Pat.

Because I was shooting a left handed bow, so you use your left eye
There are reasons.

I'm right eye dominant but I have better vision* with my left eye. I'm also right handed but with a really fucked up right shoulder.

I've learned to shoot a handgun with either hand, but I close my right eye, so sometimes that leaves my shooting right hand + left eye. Not even something that I really give much thought at this point.

* vision is not quite annoying enough to wear glasses. I have a pair I used to wear for long sessions sight reading music, but mostly I just read with my left eye and squint like the crotchety old fuck I am.

Never got a deer but I did get a couple of birds on a memorial hunt contest our team won. I went back and got another ruff grouse a few days later because it was so good.

I always said I’d like to eat only wild game but I’m a long ways away from that. Nice deer you’ve all got. I’ll get one next year.
That's my favorite hunting

Attachments

• 2020-05-26~2.jpg
    2020-05-26~2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
That's my favorite hunting
It’s the only thing I can get every time because you can walk right up to them, lol. I shot the spruce partridge there from literally 10 feet away with my 20 gauge. The ruff grouse was in a tree so a little harder.

I think I’m going to polish my shooting skills a bit. I’ve gone on a few deer and moose hunts and helped with everything but I’m not a sure shot by any means. Bird is easy and I think I’m starting to get close to stepping it up a notch. I really wish I got into it earlier, my old man could have taught me a lot.

Because I was shooting a left handed bow, so you use your left eye
I got that backwards. Why not just close your right eye? Cross dominance in archery has 2 primary fixes 1) Close dominant eye, or 2) Shoot switch stance. Since I'm not ambidextrous; drawing a bow with my weak side is far more awkward, difficult, uncomfortable than sighting with my weaker eye. It's far easier for me to adjust focus from right ot left, or one eye to two; than it is for me to adjust to the mechanics of shooting switch stance, which I do have experience with.

Back