Deer Hunters Roundup

MichiganMMA1978

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Well boys, it's been hunting season for a minute now. How's everyone done so far this season? Feel free to post your trophy itt.

Finally got back in to deer hunting after moving and a 5 year hiatus. Well, I came back to it and bagged the nicest buck I've gotten in 25 years of deer hunting. Not a monster, but he's a trophy to me. On public land as well, which as we all know, can be tricky with all the pressure.

Attachments

• IMG_20231122_064046.jpg
    IMG_20231122_064046.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231121_171018.jpg
    20231121_171018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Congrats sir.

Questions if you don't mind...

What equipment did you take that fella down with? (Gun/ammo caliber)

How quick did he go?

Are you gonna freeze it or sell it to a butcher? If you keep it and prepare it yourself, do you have any interesting ways to prepare it? I have heard venison Jerky can be pretty good.

Well boys, it's been hunting season for a minute now. How's everyone done so far this season? Feel free to post your trophy itt.

Finally got back in to deer hunting after moving and a 5 year hiatus. Well, I came back to it and bagged the nicest buck I've gotten in 25 years of deer hunting. Not a monster, but he's a trophy to me. On public land as well, which as we all know, can be tricky with all the pressure.

I don't agree with hunting.

Congrats sir.

Questions if you don't mind...

What equipment did you take that fella down with? (Gun/ammo caliber)

How quick did he go?

Are you gonna freeze it or sell it to a butcher? If you keep it and prepare it yourself, do you have any interesting ways to prepare it? I have heard venison Jerky can be pretty good.
I used a savage 212. It's a 12ga. with a rifled barrel and shoots slugs. He died instantly, never even twitched. I took him to a processor, as I don't have time right now between holidays, birthdays and upcoming vacation. But I will be making alot of jerky, shit is amazing lol
Typically I season with salt, pepper, and garlic, lightly toss in flour and fry it.

didi-mah-russian-roulette.gif

I used a savage 212. It's a 12ga. with a rifled barrel and shoots slugs. He died instantly, never even twitched. I took him to a processor, as I don't have time right now between holidays, birthdays and upcoming vacation. But I will be making alot of jerky, shit is amazing lol
Typically I season with salt, pepper, and garlic, lightly toss in flour and fry it.
Awesome. Enjoy.

For ethical reasons.
By all mean, please elaborate.

And of course do include when you became a lifelong vegan and any tips you may have for acquiring ethically sourced vegan clothes, leather free furniture, your plans for providing a sustainable vegan diet to the entire world as well as convincing 8 billion people to convert to a vegan diet... etc.

Nice TS. Very nice!

Just got a Deer flex in my neighborhood FB group.

Neighbor A: Moving xx/xx/xx, will miss you all. Does anyone have freezer space we can use/rent during our move?

Neighbor B: Would love to help except all 4 of our chest freezers are filled to the very top with venison right now.

My wife is Neighbor B

At some point we’ll need to do a fishing or hunting trip together!

Enjoy the venison!

Congrats, from a fellow omnivore ! Venison tenderloin, medium rare and seasoned, is incredible ! And vegans, be courteous, bypass this thread unless adding to his excitement on getting his best buck after decades of providing food for his family.

Those antlers are great for a dog's chew bone.​

I'm not a perfect vegan so I can't really argue that I'm taking the moral high ground.

Grain combines kill an awful lot of deer though sir.
Only difference is nobody gets the sustenance from it.

Just my opinion.

Back