DC or Anderson

Gsp is scared shitless of the Spider. He dont even have as much faith in himself to win that fight as you have in him to win it.

As big a fan of GSP as I am that disappointed me. GSP could have taken that fight after UFC 100 or even later than that when both in their prime. UFC tried to make the fight after GSP fought Condit. He wanted Diaz instead. It would have been the biggest fight of all time back then. A real benchmark in MMA. He was nervous about that one. He did avoid it.. I thought after Sonnen showed the path for him in the first fight, GSP would be all over it. But no..

We each are entitled to opinion and gsp has been in my eyes the most well rounded fighter in mma, he could take silva down and win the match. I just think silvas movement would give st pierre alot of trouble along with the size and striking ability. Gsp and his team were gameplanners, they looked at alot of tape and they saw something in silva that most of us do when we see him fight, they avoided it for a reason. Gsp might win a tough fight against silva, he would run right thru conor.
What is this movement Silva has that you are talking about? He doesn't move. He puts no pressure on. He's a counter strike fighter. Gsps disciple and gameplay would exploit that hard. He's always been able to apply pressure while avoiding strikes. Hendricks and condit are the exceptions but none of those power shots couldn't put gsp down and every opponent gsp has had to deal with gsp implementing his game. Same can't be said about silva

DC would beat him 1vs1 at 205, both in their prime.

He didn't look very good against 40 year old way out of prime 192lb Anderson with a metal leg in a 3 round fight.

Anderson would head kick him in 5 rounds in his prime.

He didn't look very good against 40 year old way out of prime 192lb Anderson with a metal leg in a 3 round fight.

Anderson would head kick him in 5 rounds in his prime.
I don't see it. With gameplanning I think DC would be able to avoid all the stand-ups that happened in their fight, just by being a bit more active and preparing for Silva's stalling and opportunistic bottom game. Anderson in his prime would be just as unable to stop the takedown as the one we saw in 200. DC is a terrible matchup for him, like Sonnen but heavier,stronger, tougher, faster, higher fight IQ, more power, better sub defense, even a better wrestler. With a real gameplan and preparation for the immensely favorable stylistic matchup, its hard to picture DC losing aside from a truly flukish shot.

Last edited:
I don't see it. With gameplanning I think DC would be able to avoid all the stand-ups that happened in their fight, just by being a bit more active and preparing for Silva's stalling and opportunistic bottom game. Anderson in his prime would be just as unable to stop the takedown as the one we saw in 200. DC is a terrible matchup for him, like Sonnen but heavier,stronger, tougher, faster, higher fight IQ, more power, better sub defense, even a better wrestler. With a real gameplan and preparation for the immensely favorable stylistic matchup, its hard to picture DC losing aside from a truly flukish shot.
When it comes to elite strikers, there´s hardly any flukish shot...

DC did beat him in a fight. Different weight classes tho, just like how Silva would make GSP look silly. But yeah i think DC is better for the pure fact he hasnt been popped - but that does not imply he doesnt or does roid.

Silva, even roided to the tits, would get smashed by GSP .

"Funny GSP didn't feel that way" -some queer

GSP was busy cleaning out a stacked division and focused on beating Matt Hughes welterweight title defense record while Anderson was fighting bums like Travis Lutter, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, etc. Bums and washed up has-beens that Silva had to roid in order to beat.

"Funny GSP didn't feel that way" -some queer

GSP was busy cleaning out a stacked division and focused on beating Matt Hughes welterweight title defense record while Anderson was fighting bums like Travis Lutter, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, etc. Bums and washed up has-beens that Silva had to roid in order to beat.
pele hughes_pele.JPG

usehead 2.gif

What is this movement Silva has that you are talking about? He doesn't move. He puts no pressure on. He's a counter strike fighter. Gsps disciple and gameplay would exploit that hard. He's always been able to apply pressure while avoiding strikes. Hendricks and condit are the exceptions but none of those power shots couldn't put gsp down and every opponent gsp has had to deal with gsp implementing his game. Same can't be said about silva
Silva was 30 by the time he got to the ufc and progressively moved less. Gsp has been hirt by serra my brother did you forget? The size of silva would trouble GSP and GSP knew it, youre right they gameplanned every1 and they gameplanned silva as well and they came up with the decision that silva was too dangerous to fight.

Natty Olympian and 2 div champion
vs
A drug cheat who beat guys like Travis Lutter, James Irvin and Patrick Cote

Hmm...that's a tough one o_O

Silva was 30 by the time he got to the ufc and progressively moved less. Gsp has been hirt by serra my brother did you forget? The size of silva would trouble GSP and GSP knew it, youre right they gameplanned every1 and they gameplanned silva as well and they came up with the decision that silva was too dangerous to fight.
Everybody is too dangerous to fight in gsps mind so that's dumb. He wins regardless. Since gsp lost to Sierra that must mean everybody can beat him now right? Weak rebuttal

DC and GSP have never pissed hot.

Any intelligent person takes that into consideration in a UFC goat discussion. It's a concept that many of the droolers on Sherdog are unable to wrap their low-functioning brains around.

Anderson had a much more dominant Run.. This guy was literally untouchable during his prime. Making people look like complete foolish clowns in the octagon.. During his prime there was no question or debate, Anderson was the greatest MW on the planet. DC has never really been regarded as the best in his division. Jones has.
DC only lost to one guy who is arguably the greatest ever though.

Silva lost to complete bums and showed much bigger holes in his skillset than DC.

DC is better in every way.

Anderson wouldn’t dare fight him in his prime when still MW champion

DC looked like he didn't even try, he looked much slower than when he fought Stipe

That’s because it was an incredibly easy fight for him.

Back