DC or Anderson

DC did beat him in a fight. Different weight classes tho, just like how Silva would make GSP look silly. But yeah i think DC is better for the pure fact he hasnt been popped - but that does not imply he doesnt or does roid.
Gap would wreck Silva atm and prime vs prime

Anderson had a much more dominant Run.. This guy was literally untouchable during his prime. Making people look like complete foolish clowns in the octagon.. During his prime there was no question or debate, Anderson was the greatest MW on the planet. DC has never really been regarded as the best in his division. Jones has.

Chael just talked about this in his latest video:

DC as an amateur couldn't hold back the laughs but Brock showed him how it's done. Still DC is the first opponent Brock had in years that's willing to work with Brock. Guys like JDS, Cain and Overeem were like brick walls. This fight is going to do gangbuster numbers and the promos leading up will be pure POPCORN and the amount of salty "UFC IS TURNING THIS SPORT INTO A JOKE" Sherdog tears will be GLORIOUS

I've never understood the issue with it myself either.

They are selling the fight. Sure, it may be a bit of a show or circus, but it is getting people interested. At the end of the day, it is still a real sport, they are really fighting, and they are really proving who is better on the night. What is there to hate? A bit of fake drama? Sometimes that fake drama turns real. A lot of times it doesn't need to. I don't think some people understand how hard it is to like someone, or not have a lot of negative feelings about someone no matter how much you respect them when you have to put your hands on them and hurt them for a living.

Brock and DC looked like they were putting on a show, but they both genuinely looked fired up and willing to really get into each other. I thought it was fine. The people complaining really don't even know what they're complaining about. It was cringey? Most of the time people talking shit to each other before they fight end up being cringey. On any level. Even in street fights.

People complaining about Brock getting a title shot? It will make the most money. If you're running a business, you look to make the most profit. Entirely reasonable. Not just that, I think it is a great match up anyway. Brock has a chance to win. Nothing like the shambles that was CM Punk, which should have been on the prelims.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Spider´s resume is problematic to assess...

Weirdly fought @ WW in Shooto & Pride, and should have been dominant there...

Then, dominant @ MW in another org.

But... Missed several "legacy fights" coz of friendships [Chuteboxe mates, Machida, JBJ...even Jacaré]

These fights could have helped his GOAT case...

i love Silva but DC by a mile​

I think they are very close to each other in terms of career resume, but for all the talk amongst the fan boys of how “prime” Silva would beat any 185er and 205er ever why didn’t he do it? DC went and did what a majority of men are too afraid to try (even though they would never admit it - and I know Anderson fought at 205 but never for the belt) and he got it done. Being a 2x champ gives DC a leg up on Silva, and since Cormier has never popped and Silva did twice... that’s a KO for DC’s career over Anderson’s. Even if we discount the PED’s I’ll still take DC... but taking everything into account DC is top 5 ever and top 3 clean GOAT

Anderson had a much more dominant Run.. This guy was literally untouchable during his prime. Making people look like complete foolish clowns in the octagon.. During his prime there was no question or debate, Anderson was the greatest MW on the planet. DC has never really been regarded as the best in his division. Jones has.
Anderson never fought a opponent as tough as Jon Jones though.

Aside from Jones, DC's record has been perfect. Anderson's isn't.

Anderson never fought a opponent as tough as Jon Jones though.

Aside from that Jones, DC's career is perfect. Anderson's isn't.

Andersons run in his division is more dominant. He has more defenses. And there was never any question who was the man.

Andersons run in his division is more dominant. He has more defenses. And there was never any question who was the man.
DJ's run is just about as dominant as Anderson's, there's no question of who the man is, and DJ has more defences.

It's a decent argument, but it fails to take into consideration a lot, including that KO'ing Stipe counts more than any Anderson or DJ defence.

I have prime anderson over everybody in a 25 minute fight. His fluidity, and skill level with his touch of death in every limb make me feel like he is the single most dangerous fighter ever.

I think they are very close to each other in terms of career resume, but for all the talk amongst the fan boys of how “prime” Silva would beat any 185er and 205er ever why didn’t he do it? DC went and did what a majority of men are too afraid to try (even though they would never admit it - and I know Anderson fought at 205 but never for the belt) and he got it done. Being a 2x champ gives DC a leg up on Silva, and since Cormier has never popped and Silva did twice... that’s a KO for DC’s career over Anderson’s. Even if we discount the PED’s I’ll still take DC... but taking everything into account DC is top 5 ever and top 3 clean GOAT
Dc was brave enough to do what other will not? Go down a division and get stomped by the champ? Cormier is a small dude for both divisions realistically but he was already fighting at hw successfully before the stipe fight

Gsp is scared shitless of the Spider. He dont even have as much faith in himself to win that fight as you have in him to win it.
I agree he's an absolute pussy but that doesn't mean he wouldn't beat Silva ass.

I agree he's an absolute pussy but that doesn't mean he wouldn't beat Silva ass.
He could win but i think he gets caught and goes out stiff or folds, i think its an unfair fight for him really. Silva is alot longer and his leverage would negate St.Pierres wrestling.

Dc was brave enough to do what other will not? Go down a division and get stomped by the champ? Cormier is a small dude for both divisions realistically but he was already fighting at hw successfully before the stipe fight
Come on man, don’t twist my words. Just because DC started his career at HW doesn’t diminish his accomplishment last Saturday. He had settled into LHW nicely and hadn’t fought at HW in around 5 years. That’s quite the challenge BEFORE you add in the most accomplished UFC HW ever. Since when is there shame in getting beaten by Jon Jones? Especially with the asterisk next to his name.

He could win but i think he gets caught and goes out stiff or folds, i think its an unfair fight for him really. Silva is alot longer and his leverage would negate St.Pierres wrestling.
Travis Lutter and Chael Sonnen's wrestling was very effective against Anderson despite the leverage.

Silva for showmanship and acutally having that awe!!!

Who could beat him?

<GSPWoah>

Travis Lutter and Chael Sonnen's wrestling was very effective against Anderson despite the leverage.
Are either of those men the height of GSP? I dont think you understand how leverage works... you have to be much longer for leverage to work against a stronger wrestler.

Back