DC or Anderson

Come on man, don’t twist my words. Just because DC started his career at HW doesn’t diminish his accomplishment last Saturday. He had settled into LHW nicely and hadn’t fought at HW in around 5 years. That’s quite the challenge BEFORE you add in the most accomplished UFC HW ever. Since when is there shame in getting beaten by Jon Jones? Especially with the asterisk next to his name.
Hey I think it's a great accomplishment but it's not the same as gsp going up to 185 for example. Conor was the lw champ for cage warriors coming into the UFC at fw. Those are the three simutanious two division champs. Of the 3 George's is really the only one who went up a division. The other two just went back to their divsion.

Are either of those men the height of GSP? I dont think you understand how leverage works... you have to be much longer for leverage to work against a stronger wrestler.
Cormier's the height of GSP. His wrestling was also effective against Anderson.

Cormier's the height of GSP. His wrestling was also effective against Anderson.
Silva fought dc at lhw on 2 days notice at what 42? Me and the dude i qouted were talking prime silva vs prime gsp. Were talking gsp vs silva not silva vs lutter, sonnen, nor dc.

Silva fought dc at lhw on 2 days notice at what 42? Me and the dude i qouted were talking prime silva vs prime gsp. Were talking gsp vs silva not silva vs lutter, sonnen, nor dc.
You said because GSP doesn't have leverage his wrestling wouldn't be effective against Anderson. Why ignore the evidence against it? Ryo Chonan also got 7 minutes of top control on Anderson despite being much smaller and much worse. That was close to Anderson's prime, as was the 1st round of Hendo.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Andy is just vulnerable to takedowns in general. Prime or otherwise. Height advantage or not. It's not a mystery.

Last edited:
You said cause GSP doesn't have leverage his wrestling wouldn't be effective against Anderson. Why ignore the evidence against it? Ryo Chonan also got 8 minutes of top control on Anderson despite being much smaller and much worse. That was close to Anderson's prime, as was the 1st round of Hendo.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Andy is just vulnerable to takedowns in general. Prime or otherwise. Height advantage or not. It's not a mystery.
You must mean Takase or Azeredo on top...

You must mean Takase or Azeredo on top...
Maybe them as well.

But no in the Chonan fight, Silva spent the majority of the 1st and 2nd round on his back, needing the ref or the end of the round to get stood up.

Last edited:
If you want to nitpick Silva then why not Mention the fact Dc got belts in the two weakest divisions.

He could win but i think he gets caught and goes out stiff or folds, i think its an unfair fight for him really. Silva is alot longer and his leverage would negate St.Pierres wrestling.
Don't see it happening. The areas where Silva has been weakest are gsp strengths and gsp is better at those thongs then those that have troubled silva. If they fought gsp would set the pace since anderson never does. Anderson does well when he can easily avoid hos opponent and take the time to pick them apart. Gsp has never let that happen to him. Gsp hasn't had issues with strikers before and would have no trouble taking Silva down. Unless Silva came out guns blazing with some fancy strike there's no way he'd beat gsp. Conor would have a better chance beating gsp honestly

Don't see it happening. The areas where Silva has been weakest are gsp strengths and gsp is better at those thongs then those that have troubled silva. If they fought gsp would set the pace since anderson never does. Anderson does well when he can easily avoid hos opponent and take the time to pick them apart. Gsp has never let that happen to him. Gsp hasn't had issues with strikers before and would have no trouble taking Silva down. Unless Silva came out guns blazing with some fancy strike there's no way he'd beat gsp. Conor would have a better chance beating gsp honestly
We each are entitled to opinion and gsp has been in my eyes the most well rounded fighter in mma, he could take silva down and win the match. I just think silvas movement would give st pierre alot of trouble along with the size and striking ability. Gsp and his team were gameplanners, they looked at alot of tape and they saw something in silva that most of us do when we see him fight, they avoided it for a reason. Gsp might win a tough fight against silva, he would run right thru conor.

You said cause GSP doesn't have leverage his wrestling wouldn't be effective against Anderson. Why ignore the evidence against it? Ryo Chonan also got 7 minutes of top control on Anderson despite being much smaller and much worse. That was close to Anderson's prime, as was the 1st round of Hendo.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hes 1 of the better takedown defenders in actuality. Gsp might get in on that and grab him but thats not his style, hes a shooter giving silva the oppurtunity of a sprawl. Gsp is smart, he wouldnt want to end up in sprawl with silva on top, at the same time he would have a tough time getting inside of silva. Its winnavle for both and easy for neither.

Anderson. Tho it’s a pity he didn’t move up to LHW. When he did he looked amazing obviously.

DC's tough to rank since the guys he's being compared to spent 20 years in the game and had 40-50 fights, while he has 20 and started late.

Jones can be since he beat almost all greats of his weight. The ones he didn't weren't contenders anymore when JJ was on top. So his resume is better than DC's with or without their head-to-head.

Anderson's one of those veterans. Nog, Fedor, Hendo, Wand and Hughes as well. While GSP has less fights, but was at the top for way longer. This is why, imo, DC can't be GOAT unless he keeps fighting and stays at the top for a long time. Records need to be broken for change.

He's a p4p great like Randy, BJ and Conor, though with a more spotless record, so he's the best out of those. And him winning the HW belt at age 39 is a big plus, as well.

DC bc he's never pissed hot, and the fact he beat Anderson (sure it was short notice and at LHW) but previously Anderson was undefeated at 205lbs

DC bc he's never pissed hot, and the fact he beat Anderson (sure it was short notice and at LHW) but previously Anderson was undefeated at 205lbs
I actually think the DC/ Silva fight looks bad for DC because he obviously didn’t go for it against Silva.

I actually think the DC/ Silva fight looks bad for DC because he obviously didn’t go for it against Silva.
Too much Hespect. Regardless that fight should be irrelevant to how a full camp fight between the two pre leg break would of went down considering all circumstances.

Anderson is the GOAT and at the very least the MW GOAT.

DC can’t be top 5 if he isn’t even GOAT of his 2 weight classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back