DC and Stipe both supporting their World Cup teams

Lol DC is thinking about food.. them croissants.
36076d4e6d1af7b1d74d1a0788767dba.gif

Well Stipe has bigger fish to fry. (click in the middle/sides for more pictures)

That stipe pic is horrific

Why do women like fake pics like that? Ugh

in before climate change is real pic

USA and Canada have the highest standard of women's football in the world.

The US men's team used to be whack but it's really improved in the last 10-15 years and is now fairly legit, although clearly still not world cup finals level. But it's a decent team, it's not a joke.

no one gives a fucken fuck about women sport.
<Oku02>

but we got more MMA fighters at the top... so we can kick their asses even if they are better at maneuvering a soccer ball... :D

That's right... I said "soccer."

<{cum@me}>

Haha... just playing with you my brother.... this convo has me curious as to why the US is not as active in the soccer (football) game as so much of the rest of the world.

All this pissing contest in this thread aside... is there any real understanding for this?

I know when I waz growing up that there waz no soccer team in my school. So I get that... but on the real... why not? Is there any real information out there about it?

Saw this the other day if you were serious. It's an interesting watch.

USA and Canada have the highest standard of women's football in the world.

The US men's team used to be whack but it's really improved in the last 10-15 years and is now fairly legit, although clearly still not world cup finals level. But it's a decent team, it's not a joke.

They're garbage and a giant joke. Nothing less.

yeah, I don't know. for some reason europe as a whole likes football but the US never gave a fuck about it. and they were also colonies of the UK, creators of the sport. what a shame
This is a pretty interesting video JeffDredd posted here that explains how America separated from the UK soccer/football & it gives the timeline. Basically, it's like we speculated... that American Football pushed it aside as the dominant sport in America.

Saw this the other day if you were serious. It's an interesting watch.
Great find... was an interesting watch.

cliffs...
1863... is when England created the "soccer/football" rule-set that the world plays under today.

1875... Murica merged that ruleset with Candian Rugby & that quickly developed into American Football... which took hold in around 1879

1905... College football had become the more dominant sport.

1920's..... is when "soccer/football" made a comeback in Murica & was at its peak & a big soccer game even outsold a big American football game on at least one occasion. Murica had 2 soccer/football organizations that were feuding with each other & split the all ready split community. The great depression in 1929 all but killed the sport completely & it never really recovered after that. At least not to the same level.

The video doesn't explore the post 1930's soccer journey much, but you can pretty much fill in the gaps by seeing that every single high school & college in Murica has a football team but soccer teams are much more rare.

I'd say that with American Football being more wide-spread, offering more lucrative career potentials, & more college scholarships etc.... that Murica's best athletes are gravitating to that instead of Soccer & that pretty much explainz why such a big & financially sound country doesn't successfully compete at the highest level of Soccer world wide. I imagine basketball takes some top athletes away from soccer as well.

So while soccer in Europe are getting the cream of the crop of their athletes... the best American athletes have other priority sports ahead of soccer.

@One MMA Fan

This is a pretty interesting video JeffDredd posted here that explains how America separated from the UK soccer/football & it gives the timeline. Basically, it's like we speculated... that American Football pushed it aside as the dominant sport in America.

Great find... was an interesting watch.

cliffs...
1863... is when England created the "soccer/football" rule-set that the world plays under today.

1875... Murica merged that ruleset with Candian Rugby & that quickly developed into American Football... which took hold in around 1879

1905... College football had become the more dominant sport.

1920's..... is when "soccer/football" made a comeback in Murica & was at its peak & a big soccer game even outsold a big American football game on at least one occasion. Murica had 2 soccer/football organizations that were feuding with each other & split the all ready split community. The great depression in 1929 all but killed the sport completely & it never really recovered after that. At least not to the same level.

The video doesn't explore the post 1930's soccer journey much, but you can pretty much fill in the gaps by seeing that every single high school & college in Murica has a football team but soccer teams are much more rare.

I'd say that with American Football being more wide-spread, offering more lucrative career potentials, & more college scholarships etc.... that Murica's best athletes are gravitating to that instead of Soccer & that pretty much explainz why such a big & financially sound country doesn't successfully compete at the highest level of Soccer world wide. I imagine basketball takes some top athletes away from soccer as well.

So while soccer in Europe are getting the cream of the crop of their athletes... the best American athletes have other priority sports ahead of soccer.

@One MMA Fan

Americans feel more comfortable playing games that nobody else play
<{chips}>

I think this is an american thing.
<RawexDidThis1>

but we still luv you
<{1-7}>

I don't know, why do we have most gold and total Olympic medals?

It's your 5th biggest sport, with 300 mil ppl how can you fail <Moves>

It's the 5th biggest sport in Sweden aswell, but they made it to quarterfinal
and they have 9 mil people?

I think Cormier has Creole roots so it's no wonder he supports France.

USA is ranked 25th in the world, that's respectable. Don't h8.

Rankings aren't updated yet. They'll be lower than 30 after it's done.
They failed to make the World Cup from the easiest continent. Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama made it. That's not respectable, it's pathetic.
Even bad teams can make the World Cup.

I thought it waz pretty sweet for them to take those pictures repping the beauty of pregnancy. That's nature people.... it's a fooking miracle... & it's a beautiful thing.

Some really eligant shots in there.

If it's nature, then how can it be a miracle?

Back