Dayum. Fedor wasn't just past his prime.

See, your join date is 2012. And your knowledge of the evolution of MMA confirms that you haven't been around longer than that. Fedor didn't fight the way he is fighting now until well passed his prime. When Fedor was in his prime, he helped to revolutionize MMA via a top-tier GnP game and an incredibly slick transition game. There is a reason why so many fighters like BJ Penn and Shogun openly praised Fedor's GnP and transition game in interviews, and why trainers openly talked about adapting some of Fedor's techniques in their camps. (Talking about in the early 00s.)

Pretending like Fedor was always a head hunter is completely ignorant of the history of Fedor's career.

-join date doesn't equal time watching MMA.

-He's been head hunting for nearly 10 years now..it's 2017 bro...

-trainers wow, anecdotal much....

-early 2000's ?? you might as well be talking about Helio Gracie..

- You're also forgetting his arrogance throughout the years to learn BJJ or Wrestling (staples of MMA) ... "sambo is better" his words ... exposed by werdum

- The fact he never joined a professional modern MMA gym because he loved being to top dog...

- The hand picked cans he's been fighting for years..

Yes I stand by my words, he never evolved into Modern MMA.

Still had enough power to put Meatrione on his ass.

problem is he got rocked at the exact same time. lol

crazy ass fight.

Lmao. He's old slow battle worn and has no chin anymore. Plain and simple. Not sure why hes still fighting as he now uses almost none of what made him successful. I suspect a few more ko looses before he hangs them up

Nobody wants to see head Hunter Fedor so he should hang em up before the knocks outs get worse.

-join date doesn't equal time watching MMA.

Not in an of itself, but it supports the probability.

He's been head hunting for nearly 10 years now..it's 2017 bro...

Definitely 8-9 years. Which correlates with his career going down hill, and his trainers and managers speaking about him no training and preparing like he used to. How active was Fedor since then? The UFC bought Pride in 2007. Fedor had two fights in 2007 (didn't headhunt), 1 in 2008 (Big Tim), 2 in 2009 (headhunted). He then fought three sloppy fights in a row in 2010 and 2011, losing all three. And he never fought the same way he did before 2009.

trainers wow, anecdotal much

So you agree that Fedor started fighting sloppy during the exact period of time that his manager and trainers were criticizing his preparation, and this means nothing to you?

k

early 2000's ?? you might as well be talking about Helio Gracie

Please educate us all with your knowledge of how MMA evolved in the last ten years.

You're also forgetting his arrogance throughout the years to learn BJJ or Wrestling (staples of MMA) ... "sambo is better" his words ... exposed by werdum

Wait. You actually thinking that Fedor's grappling and submission game was exposed by Werdum? Fedor wildly swung for the fences and then dove into Werdum's guard. That's certainly underestimating Werdum or overestimate how hurt Werdum was. But to act like Sambo isn't a practical martial art for MMA is just plain silly. Moreover, the reason why BJJ and wrestling are staples of MMA is MMA grew into a popular sport where these martial arts are very popular: Japan, Brazil, and the United States. If MMA first became commercially popular in Eastern Europe, you would be saying that wrestling and Sambo are staples of MMA.

The fact he never joined a professional modern MMA gym because he loved being to top dog...

I don't think it's because Fedor wants to be the top dog at his gym. I'd be curious to hear your argument or see your evidence why you think that would be the case. It sounds more like loyalty to Russia to be honest. Call it cultural arrogance, if you would like. But Fedor is a nationalist. That being said, he has also trained in Holland and with other fighters from all over Europe on multiple occasions. I mean, Fedor going to train with Spong or Hoost are prime examples of Fedor training with world class kickboxers -- and not being the top dog in his training camp.

The hand picked cans he's been fighting for years..

I absolutely agree that Fedor hasn't been fighting top level competition in years. I think he fought the best in the world when he can, and then had his career derailed by managers who thought they could use his name and his legacy to build an organization (M-1) to rival the UFC. Note that I've said repeatedly that he isn't a top tier fighter in 2017. Fedor hasn't been a top ten fighters since 2008-2009.

Yes I stand by my words, he never evolved into Modern MMA.

Fedor helped evolve MMA into modern MMA. What he then did was devolve. He abandoned his transition game, his submission game, and his GnP -- all of which helped him become the heavyweight GOAT. What's funny as that you even agree with this, though I'm not sure you recognize it, when you point out that he has been head hunting for nearly a decade.

Last edited:
And another variable is injuries, which Fedor spoke of in his interview with "The Voice" as starting to affect him following the Tim Sylvia fight.

Wow is that when he said that happened? I always thought he started to behave differently in fights starting in 2009 which lines up exactly with that comment.

That is a retarded statement. Fedor fans are much more intelligent than Conor fans.

Who the fuck mentioned conor? Jesus, conor haters can't stop fucking bringing him up.

Definitely 8-9 years. Which correlates with his career going down hill...

bro, don't spilt hairs... 9 years,10 years its a decade ok...you can't blame someone's limited style on them just going "downhill" over 10 fucking years lol..

That's a career length.... that's called NOT EVOLVING!

Please educate us all with your knowledge of how MMA evolved in the last ten years.

Watch the UFC in 2017... Then go watch the UFC in 2007... Then repeat.

Wait. You actually thinking that Fedor's grappling and submission game was exposed by Werdum?

yes...100%

Moreover, the reason why BJJ and wrestling are staples of MMA is MMA grew into a popular sport where these martial arts are very popular: Japan, Brazil, and the United States. If MMA first became commercially popular in Eastern Europe, you would be saying that wrestling and Sambo are staples of MMA.

no...it's called Evolution... What works, what doesn't... what's most effective wins.

Call it cultural arrogance

Fine call it that...It's called Career arrogance too..

I absolutely agree that Fedor hasn't been fighting top level competition in years. I think he fought the best in the world when he can, and then had his career derailed by managers who thought they could use his name and his legacy to build an organisation (M-1) to rival the UFC.

That's BS excuses ... don't blame his Manager, Fedor is part owner of M1 global... He's just as complicit in every decision as his managers...

This Fedor GOAT talk needs to stop right now or else you leave me no choice....

The time for anything he does to mean anything has long since passed. Until recently there was question as to whether he was REALLY shot or not. Now it is literally undeniable to anyone that he is beyond a shell.

Fedor fans should be thankful that he never came to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar

I don't think Fedor gives a fuck anymore. I'm not taking anything away from Meathead but this isn't the once great heavyweight that dominated Pride. This is a former great who's just making some money off his name. He's probably fighting Sonnen next.

I felt he looked better than last time personally, less sloppy and he did land well on Mintrone but lost a contest of chins after a long career.

Fedor fans should be thankful that he never came to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar

He would have to Lost the rematches to Nog, Hunt and Cro Cop in the UFC as well....They stayed active and humbled themselves to join Modern Teams... he didn't

The Lost Emperor.

That fight always had "Fedor gets KO'd in the first RD in stupid, messy fashion" written all over it sadly. I wanted it to be a glorious comeback but it was never gonna happen. Hes just an undersized, old, out of shape, sloppy, chinny brawler nowadays and it fucking sucks to watch.

He's like two years older than Mitrione.

I bet youre one of those morons who thinks age is the only way to intelligently measure a fighters mileage.

How about this science for you, dumbass??

Fedor 40 fights

Mitrione 15 fights.

Moron.

Back