Dayum. Fedor wasn't just past his prime.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was standing flat footed, just looking for a ko punch. That was not prime Fedor, or even out of prime Fedor, that was Grandpa Fedor.

Why were you expecting prime Fedor?

You were expecting something else? Fedor has been on a decline for over 5 yrs now.

Probably this thread that you started.
Well, if you do some investigating, you will see that the point I was making was that Fedor was not even looking like a past prime Fedor. He looked worse than that.

He's like two years older than Mitrione.

But with way more fight miles. Fedor days of fighting against true heavy weights is done. He doesn't have the reflexes, hand speed to catch larger opponents anymore. The chael fight is a good fight if he takes it.

But with way more fight miles. Fedor days of fighting against true heavy weights is done. He doesn't have the reflexes, hand speed to catch larger opponents anymore. The chael fight is a good fight if he takes it.
Mitrione played years of football, a sport known for taking its toll on the knees and for danger of concussions.

Well, if you do some investigating, you will see that the point I was making was that Fedor was not even looking like a past prime Fedor. He looked worse than that.

Thanks for clarifying your post. Case closed.

One of the funniest KO's I've ever witnessed

Dude was truly reaching for his soul

Mitrione's first pro fight was 6 months before Fedor's lost against Werdum. Basically as Fedor was getting out of his prime Mitrione was just starting out fighting.
Yes, I understand this. Do you understand that Mitirone played more than a decade's worth of a sport that puts just as much wear and tear on your body before ever training to fight?

I don't think Fedor gives a fuck anymore. I'm not taking anything away from Meathead but this isn't the once great heavyweight that dominated Pride. This is a former great who's just making some money off his name. He's probably fighting Sonnen next.

Mitrione played years of football, a sport known for taking its toll on the knees and for danger of concussions.
You are of course right. Matt is obviously a much bigger MMA legend that Fedor. He has gone through much more and is still at the cusp of legendary. My daughter is in fact considering calling her newborn girl meathead just to make her sound legendary.

First thing I said in the stream chat was that fedor wasn't bouncing like he used to, but mitrione was

Fedor is about a third of the fighter he was, doesn't change what he did though.

I don't think Fedor gives a fuck anymore. I'm not taking anything away from Meathead but this isn't the once great heavyweight that dominated Pride. This is a former great who's just making some money off his name. He's probably fighting Sonnen next.
If Sonnen beats him, half of sherdog will be on suicide watch.

Yes, I understand this. Do you understand that Mitirone played more than a decade's worth of a sport that puts just as much wear and tear on your body before ever training to fight?
Fedor had many many years of Sambo at a high level, don't forget that. That sport can wear every part of your body out. Also around 40 mma fights. Fedor has more mileage

Back