Data from the fight

This actually made me laugh. Do you watch much boxing? That’s not really how boxing is typically scored.
What I meant by that in the last round fury got up and dominated threat of the round shouldn't be a 10-8.

Is there something wrong with you. It was a low out put fight. And it's over rounds. Like he beat wilder up. Compare the round to round basis. 2 knockdown. However last round fury got up and dominated him. Your just trolling ffs
Out of the 9 rounds Fury outlanded Wilder, 7 of them were either by 1 punch or 2.
Thats a pretty close fight.

Out of the 9 rounds Fury outlanded Wilder, 7 of them were either by 1 punch or 2.

Especially given Compubox's margin of error.

So data doesn't back the robbery theory, but shows a close fight which could certainly be judged as a draw.

Now, another thing that many fellas calling this whole thing a robbery tend to overlook is that Fury chose his own fate. Had he avoided to stand in front of a puncher like Wilder - who probably knew he had to drop his man - in round 12, he would have won a SD and the WBC belt. In the grand scheme of things it might be positive for him : many fans thought he won, his Undertaker moment is legendary, he keeps his 0 and he'll likely get a huge payday at home anyway, whether it's a rematch or an AJ fight.

I tip my hat to Tyson Fury and I think he won, but I won't cry for him over a decision he could very well have avoided himself.

Last edited:
So data doesn't back the robbery theory, but shows a close fight which could certainly be judged as a draw.

Now, another thing that many fellas calling this whole thing a robbery tend to overlook is that Fury chose his own fate. Had he avoided to stand in front of a puncher like Wilder - who probably knew he had to drop his man - in round 12, he would have won a SD and the WBC belt. In the grand theme of things it might be positive for him : many fans thought he won, his Undertaker moment is legendary, he keeps his 0 and he'll likely get a huge payday at home anyway, whether it's a rematch or an AJ fight.

I tip my hat to Tyson Fury and I think he won, but I won't cry for him over a decision he could very well have avoided himself.

Agreed. And Fury did well when he let his hands go off his jab. Fury should have let his hands go more especially on Wilders high guard. Could have made the rounds more easy to score for him. The fight was close and a draw is a fine result as is 114-112 for either fighter.

Agreed. And Fury did well when he let his hands go off his jab. Fury should have let his hands go more especially on Wilders high guard. Could have made the rounds more easy to score for him. The fight was close and a draw is a fine result as is 114-112 for either fighter.

I guess Fury's low ouput had its upsides, as he spent a short amount of time in Wilder's hitting zone, and he saved some energy for the later rounds - his stamina was a big question mark before the fight. To me it makes more sense than his decision to go toe to toe against Wilder in round 12, but you're right in saying that the low output explains a lot why Wilder stole so many rounds.

Tbf it was low out put fight so % wise big effect.

I guess Fury's low ouput had its upsides, as he spent a short amount of time in Wilder's hitting zone, and he saved some energy for the later rounds - his stamina was a big question mark before the fight. To me it makes more sense than his decision to go toe to toe against Wilder in round 12, but you're right in saying that the low output explains a lot why Wilder stole so many rounds.

Yea, your point about Tyson's low out put having to do with him conserving energy makes sense given the issues with his weight and his life style prior to the fight. I think the main factor though was he was aware of the threat of Wilder's power which resulted in him being more gun shy then he needed to be. I agree that going to to toe was a recipe for disaster but Tyson had the most offensive success using his feints and jabs to unbalance Wilder and then throw a combinations and then pivoting and stepping away. Tyson had success on the front foot but was so weary of Wilder's power he abandoned for significant portions of the rounds. And the two times Tyson was knocked down he was on the back foot.

Back