Data from the fight

Of course it was. One guy landed 10 more punches but got put on his ass twice. In many rounds like 2 punches landed separated them, mostly in rounds where Wilder was busier.

This... I don't get the whole Fury Outclassed and embarrassed Wilder narrative. Deontay seems to have a lot of haters I guess. Before the decision was called I thought it could have went either way and said it will probably be a draw. Neither guy necessarily owned the ring and while Fury landed a couple more punches and had slicker counters, Wilder was more of the aggressor and came closer to finishing the fight as he knocked him down twice. A draw imo is a fair call here.

This... I don't get the whole Fury Outclassed and embarrassed Wilder narrative. Deontay seems to have a lot of haters I guess. Before the decision was called I thought it could have went either way and said it will probably be a draw. Neither guy necessarily owned the ring and while Fury landed a couple more punches and had slicker counters, Wilder was more of the aggressor and came closer to finishing the fight as he knocked him down twice. A draw imo is a fair call here.
Fury did. Fury fact dominated

Fury did. Fury fact dominated

That's not how I saw it, but you're entitled to your opinion. I was also neutreal for who I was rooting for. There were reasons I wanted both of them to win. I wanted Wilder to win because If Deontay could eventually get passed Joshua an American unified HW champion would be great for the state of boxing. On the other hand Fury has a great story and is cooler than the other side of the pillow, so I wouldn't have minded him winning either.

If you think the last round wasn't a 10-8 to Wilder, then you have no idea whatsoever on how to score a round of boxing.

Guy in the video says "fuck" a lot. Must be legit.

Honestly, those are some of the most even compubox numbers I have ever seen. Looks like a draw on paper.

Lol.

That video proves why many tinfoil hat fans actually believe in that 10 count. That video has the clock all zoomed in blocking Fury’s body in getting up. Lol. As if a person wouldn’t know where to look for a Showtime timer. Looks like Fury didn’t beat the clock. That doesn’t matter. All fights can end a second off.

Like Reiss with Monroe Jr vs GGG. Anybody who watches that can see Reiss helped out Monroe with an 11 count. Not that it mattered

When its judged on a round by round basis and one guy just happens to be outlanding the other in 9 of the 12, and connecting at a higher % (indicating superior defence)....its not close.

Golovkin missed 1000 times against Alvarez, many pro boxers said Canelo landed the better shots. Was Canelo hurt? This is the same as GGG fans saying Golovkin landed 2 more jabs than Canelo yet Canelo landed 2 more power punches than GGG.

As I always say, it’s Brits that are always the most saltiest

Very even data. There is a margin of error in Compubox's punches landed. In the 10 rounds with no KD, Wilder was almost always busier. Granting him 3 rounds out of these 10 (maybe out of 9, if you consider that round 10 was pretty one-sided for Fury) isn't far-fetched. In said rounds, Fury may have the edge in ring generalship and defense, but punches and effective agression may very well go to Wilder.

I scored the fight for Fury, but according to the data and how the scoring criteria work a draw is certainly a possibility.

Had it for Fury, but Wilder certainly was in it upon rewatch. A deontay dec. Might have struck me as bullshit, but a draw seems perfectly in line with how things came out in the end.

Best of all, we got the right type of 'disputed draw' in the sense that no one got fucked, both guys stock went up, and the rematch will be fascinating from an analytics perspective.

Had it for Fury, but Wilder certainly was in it upon rewatch. A deontay dec. Might have struck me as bullshit, but a draw seems perfectly in line with how things came out in the end.

Best of all, we got the right type of 'disputed draw' in the sense that no one got fucked, both guys stock went up, and the rematch will be fascinating from an analytics perspective.
93L.gif

You know what bothers me the most about the fight?

I mean, sure Fury got jobbed but it’s more suspicious to me that a professional boxer is matched up against a tub of goo and throws what, 3 body shots all night??

WTF? Seems like there was a gentleman’s agreement there ;)

You know what bothers me the most about the fight?

I mean, sure Fury got jobbed but it’s more suspicious to me that a professional boxer is matched up against a tub of goo and throws what, 3 body shots all night??

WTF? Seems like there was a gentleman’s agreement there ;)

It's a bit of a shame Wilder didn't follow through on going to the body as he landed 3 or 4 very substantial ones. Apparently Breland's gameplan involved a lot of body work, but Wilder didn't stick to it.

It's a bit of a shame Wilder didn't follow through on going to the body as he landed 3 or 4 very substantial ones. Apparently Breland's gameplan involved a lot of body work, but Wilder didn't stick to it.
dont think he could reach tbh. and of eh did, clinch. if i was fury i would batter his ribs, because he had no muscle to cover that shit open target imo.

Dude shouldn't even be 2 10-8. Because fury won back the last round. After he got up.

This actually made me laugh. Do you watch much boxing? That’s not really how boxing is typically scored.

This actually made me laugh. Do you watch much boxing? That’s not really how boxing is typically scored.

Yea I saw that too and was shocked man. lol This post fight anger is getting insane...

Back