Darren Till admits he cuts from 210 pounds to make Welterweight

They really gotta sort out this weight cut issue.

51393999.jpg

"Cuts from _______" weight is not the same as "between fight walk-around weight."
That's literally what it means.

He starts camp at 210 pounds, and cuts to 170 pounds.

Losing fats is part of the weight-cutting process. No one is suggesting that he is cutting 40 pounds of water. Please apply some basic language skills, and common sense

This is ridiculous
Going by that statement the guy clearly doesn't give a fuck

UFC have to come up with a harsher punishment for missing weight, maybe start handing out suspensions.
Yeap. I cut the quote short, as to not plagiarize the other site's article... but he basically says that he doesn't think the UFC will cancel the fight... regardless

Till he said he can get upward of 210 pounds before cutting down to welterweight, so keeping himself under 188 will be a challenge. Still, Till said he’ll do his best to make it happen, even if it means putting in a hard training session the morning of his fight.

“They were adamant I had to weigh in 83-85 kilo (182-187 pounds), which just – it’s bad for me health,” Till said. “We’ll see what happens in the morning when I weigh. I’ve already started drinking. I’ve already started filling back up."

via mmajunkie

He sounds incredibly stupid. Only rehydrating up to 188 lbs...is bad for him. But cutting from 200-210 down to 171...for one day...then rehydrating back ABOVE 188...isn't bad for his health. Hop he gets tooled like he should.

I would like to see someone convince me that wonderboy doesn’t get up to 200 in between fights. Wonderboy is a big man. Till needs to get his shit together.

He's flat out too big for the division.

Shed some muscle weight or move to middleweight.

Wonderboy was very wise to insist on a second weigh-in, otherwise it would be completely unfair.
dont see too much muscle.

He has plenty of power and a good reach, he should move to MW.

Losing fats is part of the weight-cutting process. No one is suggesting that he is cutting 40 pounds of water. Please apply some basic language skills, and common sense
So your saying the weight cutting process begins when training camp starts? Lol. That's funny.
Everyone I know starts their training camp several months before the fight. They start the "cut" several days before the fight. I'll be sure to tell every single MMA fighter and wrestler I know that when they refer to "cutting weight", Cooliox wants them to "apply some basic language skills".

The sooner the athletic commissions or the UFC steps in an helps regulate weight cutting issues, the better. It throws the legitimacy of the fights out the window and makes the fighter who missed weight look so damn unprofessional. No one should be cutting from 210 to make the WW limit.

Change the weight classes or just force the fighter to fight at a higher weight class if they can't make weight.

Well I'm not completely against cutting weight but this seems like it's borderline cheating, and unquestionably bad for everyone, especially Till. This may be just the beginning of a serious tumble for him. It only gets harder as you get older.

Cutting weight and coming down gradually is totally different.Some people shed weight easily in camp just by training hard.Anderson Silva can be up around 215 easy before camp and for example he was 192 two weeks out from I think the second Sonnen fight simply because of his body type and training hard.The guys not cutting 40 lbs.Travis Wiuff is the only guy I can think of that gets around that territory.I used to cut around 8 pounds and that sucked lol.Sounds like nothing but people that don't do it just don't understand.

I read the weight cutting ideas here simply for laughs :)

So...... He fights at 170, but complying with the stipulation that would allow him to be 18 pounds heavier - 3 more pounds yet than the next weight class up - is bad for his health? Like THAT'S the concern? Being 188 for a fight is bad but cutting almost 20 more pounds for weigh ins isn't?

you don't lose that much fat though.. He is cutting a supposed 20% of his weight .. You can bet that at least 15% is water weight 30 lbs.. Which would leave approx 10 for fat .. 5 of that he couldn't lose ..

Back