Darren Till admits he cuts from 210 pounds to make Welterweight

Find it real hard to believe that he hits 210 with his frame at 6'. Have basically the same lanky build and am also 6' and have never been over 200 even when slacking off. No not trying to be a tough guy I just don't know how Till who trains regularly gets to 200 let alone 210.

Till he said he can get upward of 210 pounds before cutting down to welterweight, so keeping himself under 188 will be a challenge. Still, Till said he’ll do his best to make it happen, even if it means putting in a hard training session the morning of his fight.

“They were adamant I had to weigh in 83-85 kilo (182-187 pounds), which just – it’s bad for me health,” Till said. “We’ll see what happens in the morning when I weigh. I’ve already started drinking. I’ve already started filling back up."

via mmajunkie

WB got the right to make proper demands, but in the end it's fighting believe in your Karate vs Muay Thai...

That's literally what it means.

He starts camp at 210 pounds, and cuts to 170 pounds.

Losing fats is part of the weight-cutting process. No one is suggesting that he is cutting 40 pounds of water. Please apply some basic language skills, and common sense

No that's called dieting,losing weight by training etc. Cutting weight is the last couple days when you (depending on your cut) start starving yourself,staying away from liquids and finally losing water weight among doing other things to shed the final pounds.I can understand how someone would assume or think that the "cutting" begins when you start losing weight but the term is not used that way in any sport where weight cutting is big.

If you tell another competitor you're going to start cutting weight tomorrow and you're two months out from competition they'll look at you like you have two heads.I agree with the guy you quoted and are trying to put down,I got a good laugh out of the irony.

So your saying the weight cutting process begins when training camp starts? Lol. That's funny

Ok he 'loses' weight from the first day of camp THEN he cuts weight.

PS: YOU'RE not "your" <Lmaoo>

Rumble Approves!

AnthonyJohnsonGSP1.jpg

Pictured Above: 2 Welterweights
Rumble vs GSP would be an incredibly intriguing fight. Many people always thought Rumble would be the one to dethrone him at WW, just based on styles, but obviously that never happened and Rumble smartly moved up (like Till should).

Till claiming hes a lhw. Lhw cuts from 225-230 lbs lol

As a comparison, Rich Franklin was as scientific a weight cutter as I ever saw. He walked around at 210 (actually, he woke up at 210 and went to bed weighing 212. Like I said, he had it down to a science). He started his cut under 205 and that was to MW. If Till starts his cut at 210 he has no damned business trying to fight at 170.

Why do you think he starts his cut at 210?

Why do you think he starts his cut at 210?
He didn’t. That was his weight before camp, typically called “walking around” weight. Some guys walk around overweight between fights but Rich was lean as hell. Everything he ate or drank was measured and his protein drinks were custom made for him. He would lose down below 205 during camp and that’s what he weighed when he started his cut, which is basically induced dehydration. It’s hellacious on your body.

Edit: sorry I misunderstood. Someone quoted an article where Till said he cut from 210. I don’t know if the quote was verified.

He didn’t. That was his weight before camp, typically called “walking around” weight. Some guys walk around overweight between fights but Rich was lean as hell. Everything he ate or drank was measured and his protein drinks were custom made for him. He would lose down below 205 during camp and that’s what he weighed when he started his cut, which is basically induced dehydration. It’s hellacious on your body.

Edit: sorry I misunderstood. Someone quoted an article where Till said he cut from 210. I don’t know if the quote was verified.

Verified? LOL by who?

You have zero evidence that Till starts his cut at the weight you stipulated.

You are just another internet user adding more noise to the world.

Verified? LOL by who?

You have zero evidence that Till starts his cut at the weight you stipulated.

You are just another internet user adding more noise to the world.

What the fuck is your problem? I posted in a thread titled Till cuts from 210, and simply noted I hadn’t verified the TS.

Translation: I'm a pussy that starves myself to death in order to fight smaller men.

What the fuck is your problem? I posted in a thread titled Till cuts from 210, and simply noted I hadn’t verified the TS.
It's not my problem. YOU are the problem. He doesn't cut from 210; there is an interview in this thread where he makes that quite clear, yet you are claiming otherwise.

Most ridicolous is having him bragging about cheating the system, fail at cheating, and still get free pass because the event must happen

Same as back when Jones bragged about eye pokes in advance and still was allowed to get free pass

As a comparison, Rich Franklin was as scientific a weight cutter as I ever saw. He walked around at 210 (actually, he woke up at 210 and went to bed weighing 212. Like I said, he had it down to a science). He started his cut under 205 and that was to MW. If Till starts his cut at 210 he has no damned business trying to fight at 170.

It's not my problem. YOU are the problem. He doesn't cut from 210; there is an interview in this thread where he makes that quite clear, yet you are claiming otherwise.
Dear God in heaven, why are you looking so hard for an argument? The interview video posted 5 minutes before I posted mine. I didn't see it before I posted and in my post I said IF TILL STARTS HIS CUT AT 210.

Dear God in heaven, why are you looking so hard for an argument? The interview video posted 5 minutes before I posted mine. I didn't see it before I posted and in my post I said IF TILL STARTS HIS CUT AT 210.

#fullshertard

Back