Dark Souls PVP

What's the trick? Lol
It's basically a problem with the netcode, due to latency. There is a neat counter though. If you time it right you can end up backstabbing them instead (starts at 0:50 mark).

It's basically a problem with the netcode, due to latency. There is a neat counter though. If you time it right you can end up backstabbing them instead (starts at 0:50 mark).

Does DS2 have the same issue?

Does DS2 have the same issue?
Not really. The PVP in DS2 is considered the best by a lot of well known players. You still have some latency but it's not as bad. Being a slower game probably helps as well.

I'll make a new build to play with you guys.

Yeah onion bro's questline is weird. There are different outcomes and you have to answer things in a certain order to get them. You should probably read up on it if you want to do it properly this playthrough. I screwed it up with my first character.

Looks like I already screwed it up when I killed all those Chaos Eaters a while back.. Just got a lame ring from him so I killed him for 3 humanity. How was I supposed to know about not killing those Chaos Eaters? Weird game lol

Edit.. Reading into it some more and it looks like I already fucked it up way back when I said that I didn't see Siegmeyer to his daughter over at firelink shrine

Last edited:
Not really. The PVP in DS2 is considered the best by a lot of well known players. You still have some latency but it's not as bad. Being a slower game probably helps as well.
Of all the souls games, I had the most fun with DS2 PvP. DS3 PvP is just a pain in the ass. Nothing like getting invaded by like 4 different people.

Of all the souls games, I had the most fun with DS2 PvP. DS3 PvP is just a pain in the ass. Nothing like getting invaded by like 4 different people.
I never did much PVP in DS2 except for the covenant requirements for platinum but I can see how it's the most skill based since you can't spam roll or R1 like you can in DS1 and DS3. I was getting my ass kicked at Belfry.

Looks like I already screwed it up when I killed all those Chaos Eaters a while back.. Just got a lame ring from him so I killed him for 3 humanity. How was I supposed to know about not killing those Chaos Eaters? Weird game lol

Edit.. Reading into it some more and it looks like I already fucked it up way back when I said that I didn't see Siegmeyer to his daughter over at firelink shrine
Yeah it's a long and complicated questline. I didn't get it right for several playthroughs.

It's crazy how unrelenting Dark Souls is with every aspect of the game.

There's absolutely no hand holding whatsoever.

I got DS1 free with Xbox live, I enjoyed the early game so much, I bought the DLC just to support them.

My game time is limited, so it took me quite awhile to beat the game.

After finishing it and then restarting, I realize that I didn't play any of the DLC.

WTF? I look it up online and realize that I had to go to specific place to access it. And it's only available for a short period during the game... hahaha

There's no in ingame hints or instructions how to access the content.

lol... Only in a Dark Souls

It's crazy how unrelenting Dark Souls is with every aspect of the game.

There's absolutely no hand holding whatsoever.

I got DS1 free with Xbox live, I enjoyed the early game so much, I bought the DLC just to support them.

My game time is limited, so it took me quite awhile to beat the game.

After finishing it and then restarting, I realize that I didn't play any of the DLC.

WTF? I look it up online and realize that I had to go to specific place to access it. And it's only available for a short period during the game... hahaha

There's no in ingame hints or instructions how to access the content.

lol... Only in a Dark Souls

I don't get how people figured everything out lol. Good tactic to get people online talking about the game and playing it over and over though.

How was the DLC?

I played 80% of the game as a hollow because I used up all my humanity like an idiot.

Or maybe I was just too scared to get invaded..
<7>

Watching DSP Play this, it's amazing. He's died 150 times so far.

I don't get how people figured everything out lol. Good tactic to get people online talking about the game and playing it over and over though.

How was the DLC?

Well... this is embarrissing. I haven't played it yet.

Like you, I got into it late. (About a year before Dark Souls 3 came out)

After my 1st DS1 playthrough, I jumped into Dark Souls 2. Which took me forever. So long in fact, that Dark Souls 3 came and I've been playing that.

I swap back and forth between all three games quite a bit, so I'm almost ready to jump in the Astoria DLC for DS1. I heard it was great, so I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know why, but in DS2, I have four characters going, all different play types. Caster, Hex, Fighter, Dex.... I was leveling all four of them together.

I don't know why I was doing it, but I was having fun with it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

But with DS3, I definitely hit a wall where I wasn't feeling it and decided I needed a break from it, so I went back to DS1 and am about to try the DLC.

Like I said, I don't know why I've been playing the games like this, I've never done this before with other series. Maybe it's because all three are separate games with no real tie in between (except for the world), so they aren't real sequels, like Mass Effect, so it doesn't matter if you jump around.

I will say this. There hasn't been game before were the replay value is so high for me where starting a game over isn't a chore, but immensely fun.

Watching DSP Play this, it's amazing. He's died 150 times so far.

Hahaha, I've watched a little of that. Hard to believe it was almost seven years ago.

I think Dark Souls is where he got the rep for being a hilariously pathetic gamer who blames his lack of skills on the game cheating or the camera or whatever.

Well... this is embarrissing. I haven't played it yet.

Like you, I got into it late. (About a year before Dark Souls 3 came out)

After my 1st DS1 playthrough, I jumped into Dark Souls 2. Which took me forever. So long in fact, that Dark Souls 3 came and I've been playing that.

I swap back and forth between all three games quite a bit, so I'm almost ready to jump in the Astoria DLC for DS1. I heard it was great, so I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know why, but in DS2, I have four characters going, all different play types. Caster, Hex, Fighter, Dex.... I was leveling all four of them together.

I don't know why I was doing it, but I was having fun with it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

But with DS3, I definitely hit a wall where I wasn't feeling it and decided I needed a break from it, so I went back to DS1 and am about to try the DLC.

Like I said, I don't know why I've been playing the games like this, I've never done this before with other series. Maybe it's because all three are separate games with no real tie in between (except for the world), so they aren't real sequels, like Mass Effect, so it doesn't matter if you jump around.

I will say this. There hasn't been game before were the replay value is so high for me where starting a game over isn't a chore, but immensely fun.

Can play PVP if you like sometime. I think I'm at the last boss then I'll start the DLC.

I picked up Doom a few weeks back and played once, haven't touched it since. Dark Souls is just a whole new experience for me.

Can play PVP if you like sometime. I think I'm at the last boss then I'll start the DLC.

I picked up Doom a few weeks back and played once, haven't touched it since. Dark Souls is just a whole new experience for me.

Ahh... Do the DLC first, then the Final Boss.

That was my mistake

Ahh... Do the DLC first, then the Final Boss.

That was my mistake

Makes sense now that I read into it since Gwyn is the last boss. Thanks, I'm downloading it now since I'd rather not do for the first time in NG+.

Back