Dark Souls PVP

Fired up DS2 and noticed all of my characters were stuck at Shrine of Amana. Tried once and then promptly uninstalled the game.

Two first playthroughs of the DLC coming up. Awesome.

You hear that, Manus? Fresh fish! :D

Well... this is embarrissing. I haven't played it yet.

Like you, I got into it late. (About a year before Dark Souls 3 came out)

After my 1st DS1 playthrough, I jumped into Dark Souls 2. Which took me forever. So long in fact, that Dark Souls 3 came and I've been playing that.

I swap back and forth between all three games quite a bit, so I'm almost ready to jump in the Astoria DLC for DS1. I heard it was great, so I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know why, but in DS2, I have four characters going, all different play types. Caster, Hex, Fighter, Dex.... I was leveling all four of them together.

I don't know why I was doing it, but I was having fun with it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

But with DS3, I definitely hit a wall where I wasn't feeling it and decided I needed a break from it, so I went back to DS1 and am about to try the DLC.

Like I said, I don't know why I've been playing the games like this, I've never done this before with other series. Maybe it's because all three are separate games with no real tie in between (except for the world), so they aren't real sequels, like Mass Effect, so it doesn't matter if you jump around.

I will say this. There hasn't been game before were the replay value is so high for me where starting a game over isn't a chore, but immensely fun.
I totally agree about the replay value of this series. It's the reason I'm still playing years later.

Thread for anything Dark Souls PVP
Dark+souls+pvp+im+bored+and+want+to+play+pvp_1ba681_4813501.jpg

Any Xbox One/360 PVP players out there? There's still people playing online but I thought it would be fun to play with some Sherdogs as well.
Hey, TS, who is that cute girl in your avatar? Asking for a friend.

admiral-ackbar.png

The DLC Arena thing sucks because you can't see who's playing what or if at all and there's 6 choices so a lot of waiting around for most likely nothing. I am finding people to invade at the town at least.

Bosses are awesome though.

The DLC Arena thing sucks because you can't see who's playing what or if at all and there's 6 choices so a lot of waiting around for most likely nothing. I am finding people to invade at the town at least.

Bosses are awesome though.
I don't think the arena was ever that popular for whatever reason. Undead Burg, the Forest, Anor Londo, Oolacile Township and the Kiln were the hotspots.

Gwyn was super easy and so was the DLC which was way too short.

Nice. Did you do them solo? Not too many people call them easy, especially in their first playthrough.

I did all of them on my own, halberd made this game a bit too easy. I'm wondering if that's also the case in 2. I do end up falling off cliffs a lot though lol.

Does online work the same on 2? Do they make it any easier to find PVP?

I did all of them on my own, halberd made this game a bit too easy. I'm wondering if that's also the case in 2. I do end up falling off cliffs a lot though lol.

Does online work the same on 2? Do they make it any easier to find PVP?
I'm surprised you found Gwyn and the DLC easy. Very nice.

DS2 had pretty good connectivity for PVP, last I remember. Ultimately it depends on how many people are looking for coop though. Not sure how active that game is atm.

So this game seems way harder. Those white knights at the tower of flame seem impossible at the moment. The boss was easier then those guys lol.

Demon's Souls is my favorite of the Souls games. Would be amazing if they remastered it for PS4/XBONE/PC,

So this game seems way harder. Those white knights at the tower of flame seem impossible at the moment. The boss was easier then those guys lol.
The heide knights are harder in the beginning.

How do you like the movement and mechanics?

Back