Dark Souls 3: Bugged Mechanics Edition

So Im hearing this DLC is on par with the Old Hunters DLC. If thats not overselling it, I don know what is but its got me hyped.

So Im hearing this DLC is on par with the Old Hunters DLC. If thats not overselling it, I don know what is but its got me hyped.
Hey whoa whoa whoa! You can't just say shit like that around here.

I've played all the Soulsbourne games except DS III (which I'll get to after Mass Effect Andromeda). Why do people talk up the Old Hunters so much? It was good DLC content no doubt, but I didn't find it leagues ahead of Artorias of the Abyss for Dark Souls 1, or better than the cumulative strength of the Lost Crowns trilogy of DS 2. Listening to everyone rave about the Old Hunters all the time I feel like I missed something, even though I know I didn't.

Meh, different strokes I guess.

I've played all the Soulsbourne games except DS III (which I'll get to after Mass Effect Andromeda). Why do people talk up the Old Hunters so much? It was good DLC content no doubt, but I didn't find it leagues ahead of Artorias of the Abyss for Dark Souls 1, or better than the cumulative strength of the Lost Crowns trilogy of DS 2. Listening to everyone rave about the Old Hunters all the time I feel like I missed something, even though I know I didn't.

That's exactly it. Different strokes for different folks. While I thought The Old Hunters was an incredible DLC, it doesn't hold a candle to the Old Iron King DLC from DS2. I adore that DLC with the fight against Sir Alonne being one of my favorite Soulsbourne boss fights.

Old Hunters is regarded by everyone as the best DLC in the series

Hey whoa whoa whoa! You can't just say shit like that around here.
Some youtubers have been saying that.

Look at my AV, BB is one of the best games of all time and its the greatest souls game so if the DLC is said to be as good as TOH, which is arguably better than the main game, Im sure as fuck gonna be a bit hyped for it but not too much so I dont get disappointed.

The Old Hunters is something special, so much damn variety but fuck those sharks.

I agree that the Crown DLCs were absolutely fantastic. However, in my personal experience they received greater acclaim because they were a breath of fresh air after the staleness of pre-scholar DS2. The Old Hunters picked up the ball from an already impressive game and ran with it even further. I'm a big proponent of to each their own though, so you can't go wrong with an opinion.

A thought just occurred to me as to why I feel that the Old Hunters wasn't the best DLC is because unlike the the DLCs for Dark Souls 1 and 2, I played it at the same time as the game. With Dark Souls 1 and 2 I bought both games on release, so playing the DLCs meant going back months later to get my Dark Souls fix. With Bloodbourne however I got it over a year after it released because I didn't own a PS4 until well after the game was released, and by that point the Old Hunters was already out, so it was just like another series of levels for me. Maybe that's why I view it differently. In which case I wonder if I'll feel the same way about the DLC for Dark Souls III since I bought a seasons pass but haven't played the game yet... Oh well.

This DLC is fucking awesome. The first boss of it was a DAMN good one.

Artorias of the Abyss is a fantastic expansion but the Old Hunters has the best boss fights in any game I've played.

I love Manus and Artorias but they're not as difficult or have the same variety in their movesets as Ludwig, Maria or Orphan. The musical score in Old Hunters is GOAT as well.

The hell are people playing this? Mine isn't releasing for another 2.5 hours.

West, I thought it was based off an east coast midnight release though. Still got 1.5 hours.
Same here. Nice about to be home in about an hour can't wait. Got tommorrow off so gonna put in work.

Back