Dark Souls 3: Bugged Mechanics Edition

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Old thread is locked, continue the river of salt here.

Not my salt but probably the host. My last invasion yesterday at level 25 with a +2 ASS. 1v2 is pretty manageable now and I'm slowly getting better at 1v3.

Tried farming the Gravewarden Skeletons for the Curved Carthus Greatsword for my dex build and I hope I'm not wasting my time on my target. There's one kind of close to the bonfire, he's by the rolling skeleton ball and I haven't received a single drop from him. Not even a shard. And the weird thing is that he drops no souls either. I'm thinking I might just try a different area.

Tried farming the Gravewarden Skeletons for the Curved Carthus Greatsword for my dex build and I hope I'm not wasting my time on my target. There's one kind of close to the bonfire, he's by the rolling skeleton ball and I haven't received a single drop from him. Not even a shard. And the weird thing is that he drops no souls either. I'm thinking I might just try a different area.

I farmed the two by the rolling ball on the big greatbow staircase. I used the abyss watchers bonfire. From there you take the jumping shortcut to the bottom of the stairs then hightail it up them. There are two guys with the greatsword in the first room you reach at the top of the stairs. Homeward bones are definitely your friend here.

I farmed that one for mine. You can also get it from the two Ashton mentioned.

Speaking of bugged mechanics, when is the phantom range for katana pokes gonna get nerfed? The washing pole seems to have an extra blade duct taped to the end of its sprinting R1, shit's busted.

Speaking of bugged mechanics, when is the phantom range for katana pokes gonna get nerfed? The washing pole seems to have an extra blade duct taped to the end of its sprinting R1, shit's busted.

Typical gaijin response when faced with the unrivaled glory of nippon steel

They supposedly "adjusted" the hitbox on it in the last patch. Did they fucking buff it instead of nerfing it?

They supposedly "adjusted" the hitbox on it in the last patch. Did they fucking buff it instead of nerfing it?
They didn't "adjust" it enough then, apparently. Maybe it was due to latency, but I got nailed by a poke from a washing pole that was nowhere near me. My buddy was also complaining about phantom range from katanas yesterday. He was playing his caster build and kept getting punished from miles away whenever he used his ash flask.

On a separate but similar note, I was using the BKG last night and kept catching people with the sprinting R1, even though I wasnt anywhere near them at times. Same story with Yhorm's Great Machete; finished a duel with an attack that didn't even land on my screen. The lag in this game is craziness sometimes.

Not my salt but probably the host. My last invasion yesterday at level 25 with a +2 ASS. 1v2 is pretty manageable now and I'm slowly getting better at 1v3.

What a buttraping. The only 1v3s I've ever won are off the backs of counter damage charged R2s from Astora GS.

Nice

What a buttraping. The only 1v3s I've ever won are off the backs of counter damage charged R2s from Astora GS.
I've had a bunch of 1v2 and a few 1v3 now but only when they don't space properly. If they work together and layer their attacks, there's not much you can do as a solo invader. I don't ever remember winning a 1v4 either. You have to get regular enemies involved to help kill at least one of them when you're that outnumbered. It's still fun trying though.

A lot of people have twink summons by using passwords which really makes it difficult, which is why I got the hornet ring and upgraded my estus as much as possible. Just to have a chance.

I took down Sulyvahn on my second try and Alrich as well. The Dancer took about 6 attempts, and now the first Lothric knight in Lothric castle is kicking my ass, lol.

The long awaited dark sword nerf has finally arrived. muhahaha

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
Regulation 1.09 - Friday, July 1st

Official Patch Notes:

Does this also mean that the hornet ring is getting a nerf? I'd have mixed feelings about that.

Who knows with the vague ass wording of FROM devs.

"Adjustment"

I doubt hornet is getting buffed so probably lowered to 20% or something like that.

Hornet ring got nerfed, making gank spanking even harder.

FaraazKhan finished a no hit run. I only saw the very end of it but what a crazy achievement.

Hornet ring got nerfed, making gank spanking even harder.

That is not true, it varies by weapon now and whether or not it's a backstab or a front riposte (for some weapons but not others, really inconsistent at the moment), with none of the weapons tested going below a 30% increase. In fact, what the change seems to be doing is making smaller, weaker weapons more likely to be a near one shot. Daggers get like 40% from the front lol

Also Profaned GS gets 36% from the front and is now a nearly guaranteed one shot kill at SL120

Last edited:
Back