Daniel Cormier Admits He's Too Scared to Fight Stipe and Ngannou

Would you like to see Cormier fight Stipe or Ngannou?

• Total voters
DC didnt fight elite competition at HW, his best win was old man Barnett with broken hand and it was when DC was noname like Volksn today and was underestimated by opponents.

In all fairness, when DC was a hw there weren't freaking monsters like Ngannou, Stipe, and Overeem lurking about. I think he actually has the tools to beat anybody at HW, but that's a huge task (pun intended) for a 5'11" 40-year-old lhw.

cormier is really 5'9

Barnett and Bigfoot are NOT Stipe and Ngannou. Regardless though, the dudes almost 40 and talking about retirement, he isn't gonna risk himself at hw at this point in his career.
Id agree with the Stipe part after seeing Francis last night. I think DC beats (Francis) handedly at this point.

You're right about his age though, and the jeopardy. Plus he thinks his homie Mr Glass is returning.

DC should head over to Bellator if he's to scared to hurt his boyfriends feelings

Ngannou is 265 lbs.
Stipe is 246 lbs
Bigfoot was 285 lbs
All 6-4
DC beat Bigfoot.

Size excuse fail.

Cormier could fight Stipe and then retire. Nobody would complain. GSP just went up a division, took the MW belt, then retired from the MW division. That destroys Daniel's only other excuse (Cain's division). He'd have a valid reason to retire, given his age, and the fact he's already talked about retirement.

If he doesn't fight the widely accepted UFC HW GOAT, he will regret it for the rest of his life.

It has huge legacy potential, it would be a huge payday, and it would be one of the best superfights in years.

There are many people who think he'd win, so he can't argue it's a suicide mission.

He doesn't have to fear death. Stipe isn't a killer like Ngannou. If GSP is man enough to move up and fight Bisping, Daniel should be man enough to move up and fight Stipe!

Cormier could fight Stipe and then retire. Nobody would complain. GSP just went up a division, took the MW belt, then retired from the MW division. That destroys Daniel's only other excuse (Cain's division). He'd have a valid reason to retire, given his age, and the fact he's already talked about retirement.

If he doesn't fight the widely accepted UFC HW GOAT, he will regret it for the rest of his life.

It has huge legacy potential, it would be a huge payday, and it would be one of the best superfights in years.

There are many people who think he'd win, so he can't argue it's a suicide mission.

He doesn't have to fear death. Stipe isn't a killer like Ngannou. If GSP is man enough to move up and fight Bisping, Daniel should be man enough to move up and fight Stipe!
Daniel doesn't react well to losing. It might hurt too badly to know he lost every time he ever fought a legitimately elite champion, so why risk it?

humility, have no doubt he would take a fight with Stipe
I think he would handle Ngannou more easily than Stipe with his superior wrestling

DC beats both, honestly. Neither are great enough at any particular trade to pose any legitimate threat to DC. He ate Rumbles best cheese without issue. Stipe is obviously the bigger challenge but I can't imagine DC having too much trouble with him either.

Barnett and Bigfoot are NOT Stipe and Ngannou. Regardless though, the dudes almost 40 and talking about retirement, he isn't gonna risk himself at hw at this point in his career.
Bigfoot fucked Overeem up bad.

Dc is lying to himself.he easily destroyed prime Roy Nelson who's basically a better version of stipe

DC would get killed by Ngannou.

Way to big, and way too long. He'd get badly hurt coming in.

Yeah, Ngannou got wrestled to death by Stipe. No way the actual wrestler could do anything to him.

DC: These guys are way bigger than me.

Readwrite: DC just admitted he's scared.

It's the only possible conclusion to make. Professional fighter is afraid of fighting... Story checks out.

He's not lying, he could make weight at MW if he could eat better.

DC beats both, honestly. Neither are great enough at any particular trade to pose any legitimate threat to DC. He ate Rumbles best cheese without issue. Stipe is obviously the bigger challenge but I can't imagine DC having too much trouble with him either.
lol you can't be serious.heavyweight Dc was beating Bigfoot and mir level and people suddenly think he can beat stipe,Jds And Overeem? Lmao

It's fake, he always says everyone can beat him up :D

BOSTON -- Don’t expect Daniel Cormier to make a return to the heavyweight division before he calls it a career.

The current UFC light heavyweight champion was tremendously successful at 265 pounds. He won his first 13 pro fights as a heavyweight, including a championship run in the Strikeforce Grand Prix tournament.

His move down to light heavyweight was in large part due to the fact that he didn’t want to fight his friend and training partner, UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.

But despite the weight cuts getting more difficult as he gets older, and despite Velasquez, who is injured, not being likely to be hold the title any time in the near future, Cormier said his days of playing with the big boys are done.

“Man, you guys see me next to these guys?” Cormier said at Wednesday’s UFC 220 open workouts. “Especially now, I understand I’m cutting weight, so I’m a lot smaller, but, just the size difference, just the size difference of guys like Francis [Ngannou] and Stipe [Miocic].”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...has-no-plans-on-ever-returning-to-heavyweight

He's exaggerating the fact they are tough match ups, who wouldn't think so, but it's obvious it's just deflection. The only reason he ever left hw was Cain, and it's the reason he's still trying to stay away most likely, if not still inadvertently by the fact he had to get smaller.

As much as I dislike DC he's right. Although he did great at HW. The guy has some balls of steel and is one of the best fighters on the planet. Still wished Volkan no timed him tho :(

Back