Daniel Cormier Admits He's Too Scared to Fight Stipe and Ngannou

Would you like to see Cormier fight Stipe or Ngannou?

• Total voters
He's not scared but he knows he's getting older and that he probably can't outwrestle the elite HWs anymore

He’s just being humble. Dude fought some gigantic heavyweights plus Rumble, and who knows what weight he showed up in the cage at.

In all fairness, when DC was a hw there weren't freaking monsters like Ngannou, Stipe, and Overeem lurking about. I think he actually has the tools to beat anybody at HW, but that's a huge task (pun intended) for a 5'11" 40-year-old lhw.

DC fought a huge guy in Bigfoot in the same org that Reem was in during the same year that Brock was UFC champ iirc.

With JDS, Carwin both going on insane knockout streaks.

All 2010 iirc.

In all fairness, when DC was a hw there weren't freaking monsters like Ngannou, Stipe, and Overeem lurking about. I think he actually has the tools to beat anybody at HW, but that's a huge task (pun intended) for a 5'11" 40-year-old lhw.
Barnette and Bigfoot are huge and DC was dropping them on their heads

He'd have a legit shot at being champion.

DC would get killed by Ngannou.

Way to big, and way too long. He'd get badly hurt coming in.

05d.jpg

humility, have no doubt he would take a fight with Stipe

Roy nelson wasnt scared and mark hunt wasnt. So why would dc be scared?

Last edited:
Roy nelson wasnt scared and mark hunt wasnt. So why would dc be scared?
I never said he was scared. He's just 40 y.o. and openly contemplating retirement. Makes no sense for him to pursue he fights now.

Barnette and Bigfoot are huge and DC was dropping them on their heads
Barnett and Bigfoot are NOT Stipe and Ngannou. Regardless though, the dudes almost 40 and talking about retirement, he isn't gonna risk himself at hw at this point in his career.

No doubt in my mind he'd step in there for some good $$

Lets be real, would you want to fight a dude 25-30lbs heavier? Longer than you, with KO power? Atleast DC is being honest like GSP.

Your respect means nothing here in the face of common sense.

Don't make me lose all my respect for you too!

Cormier would manhandle Ngannou. Styles make fights. Ngannou would feel like he just met his tinder nightmare in jail.

the current top 5 at HW are ALOT better than the competition DC faced at HW. Stipe, cain, and werdum beat DC for sure. Ngannou and overeem would probably be favoured to beat him aswell.

he took 280 pounds, hormone'd up bigfoot to the cleaners

and manhandled 6'3 250+ barnett like he was a small child

DC beats both. He could be HW champ easily. Ngannou would be beaten just like Rumble was. Put him against the fence, wear him down and he'd tap him in the 2nd or 3rd

There were plenty of monsters in the HW Grand Prix that Cormier won.

the current top 5 at HW are ALOT better than the competition DC faced at HW. Stipe, cain, and werdum beat DC for sure. Ngannou and overeem would probably be favoured to beat him aswell.

lol, HW hasn't changed a bit.

PRIME motivated fedor would still clean house. his only challenger would be prime cain.

Back