Dana White is putting on the biggest BOXING fight of all time

There is zero proof he will be promoting the fight

In fact, it's guaranteed that Mayweather will not sign any deal that does not have him promoting 100%.

UFC 205 1.8 mill buys, $17.7 mill at the gate but none of the fighters made as much as Joshua or Klitschko did so where does all the money go?

True, Joshua & Klitschko got ~$20m each - but it probably was the biggest heavyweight fight in 15 years since Tyson/Lewis in 2002 (which pulled similar numbers to UFC 205).

UFC has a huge profit margin on their fighters, but they're also feeding a rapidly expanding corporate machine (marketing, operations and bigger roaster, i.e. you pay 10 boxers for the Joshua/Klitschko card, but 22 fighters for UFC 205).

Bumped into this while googling some numbers. Nice overview -

Bwin-MMA-vs-BoxingV9.jpg

Dana in this instance would be a manager rather than a promoter would he not?

True, Joshua & Klitschko got ~$20m each - but it probably was the biggest heavyweight fight in 15 years since Tyson/Lewis in 2002 (which pulled similar numbers to UFC 205).

UFC has a huge profit margin on their fighters, but they're also feeding a rapidly expanding corporate machine (marketing, operations and bigger roaster, i.e. you pay 10 boxers for the Joshua/Klitschko card, but 22 fighters for UFC 205).

The bigger card still doesn't explain it.

Joshua and Klitchko each got more than the amount paid to ALL of the fighters fighting at 205.
What was Conors pay $3.5m + ppv compared to AJ/Klitchkos $13m each + tv/ppv.
1.8m ppv's at $70 = $126m so he'd need about 15% of the gross ppv cut and there no way he got anywhere near that.

Dana and the UFC + the tv companies are the ones getting rich off MMA, it's a shitty model for the fighters.

Dana white has nothing to do with any of this.
He sure as fuck isn't the promoter.

Actually, his only role is making sure Conor shares some of the money
This is all fiction anyway.

This! If the fight happens it will be via Mayweather Promotions. Dana will be lucky if they comp him a seat. The UFC's negotiation with Conor was only about how much of a percentage they wanted for letting Conor take the fight rather than taking him to court.

It isn't the biggest boxing match
Floyd is making the fight, the rest are making hardly anything compared to Floyd, it's Floyd who is running the show.
Floyd wont make 100, ppv wont even get close to floyd/manny because most fight fans know this is pretty much like floyd vs the big show in wwe

It's not happening.

Also, even if it was, Dana isn't the promoter of the fight, he would just be allowed a piece of the pie.
He gets a huge and easy piece
That's why he won't mind
Making this fight harms the ufc
It's not 2007 where they were desperate to make a boxer vs a fighter from the ufc

Who woulda thunk it? Who would have ever thought that Dana White would promote the highest selling boxing PPV of all time?

I think Dana wants to make Conor vs Floyd happen because of his ego. He's going to go down as easily the best combat sports promoter of all time. Biggest MMA PPV = Dana. Built the UFC = Dana. Biggest boxing PPV = Dana.

Boxing is his real love and he's going down in history as a legend in it.
Not really just like in the past he is looking for a handout from the Mayweather family

This will be promoted by showtime and Mayweather Promotions

untitled.png

Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling 2
Ali vs Frazier 1
Ali vs Foreman
Tyson vs Holyfield.
Mayweather vs Pac

Just because it's a Floyd fight doesn't mean biggest of all time. It took another elite special fighter like Manny to make that fight huge, a chance Floyd might actually lose, and even that fight was 5 years too late. This Floyd vs McGregor fight in the boxing side of things is just a freakshow money grab. Has no implications for the history of boxing except May getting No.50 by beating a chump.

As others have mentioned Mayweather is going to want promote this %100, which is why it likely won't happen. He's never in a rush and doesn't give concessions. McGregor will realize the time spent trying to fulfill his boxing fantasy is costing him money and prine fighting months and will return to mma. That's my hope, anyway.

I expect Mayweather to pursue victory 50 though, but against a more creditable opponent. Maybe Kell Brook if Brook can win next week, or the Canelo/ GGG winner. Canelo or GGG would be huge, and winnable because he'd bring them down to 154 in order to do it.

As others have mentioned Mayweather is going to want promote this %100, which is why it likely won't happen. He's never in a rush and doesn't give concessions. McGregor will realize the time spent trying to fulfill his boxing fantasy is costing him money and prine fighting months and will return to mma. That's my hope, anyway.

I expect Mayweather to pursue victory 50 though, but against a more creditable opponent. Maybe Kell Brook if Brook can win next week, or the Canelo/ GGG winner. Canelo or GGG would be huge, and winnable because he'd bring them down to 154 in order to do it.

I agree with this plus mayweather/canelo 1 already did over 2 million PPV and I would expect the second fight would do more . And GGG/ mayweather could do even more. #Real fights bless

It is not truly a boxing PPV, more of a freak show PPV. You have a retired boxer facing a noob with zero amateur bouts.

The only way the UFC gets involved in this is by taking money straight from Conor's pocket

Exactly. There arent even that many people on earth. Are they including Intergalactic ppv buys now?

What earth are you talking about? UAE, the country with the 93rd highest population has more than 9.2 million people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back