Dana White is putting on the biggest BOXING fight of all time

No he won't . Thinking that Floyd mayweather will co promote with the UFC is about as fucking stupid as thinking Conor can hit Floyd clean. This fight won't happen

Most people did not even get cable until the 80's.

Yet people heard and knew about a big ass HW showdown going down.. it was way more cultural impactful then anything that this fight will do regardless of the PPV sales.

Op is incorrect. Mayweather promotions© is putting the fight on.

This will sell double what Floyd vs Pac did

Doubtful

Floyd's fans don't want to see it and 3/4 of mcgregors fans still living at home! No way mommy and daddy are going to let little jimmy drop 89 for the fight.

The TS claimed that it would be the highest selling boxing PPV . The notion that this squash match would outsell Floyd vs Pac is laughable.
You have no way of knowing. It certainly could outsell mayweather pacquiao considering Conor is more famous than manny, particularly in America

You have no way of knowing. It certainly could outsell mayweather pacquiao considering Conor is more famous than manny, particularly in America

Boxing fans know that this fight is a joke and they will not be flocking to buy this like they did with Floyd vs Pac.

"The Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight on May 2 officially destroyed all-time boxing records for pay-per-view buys...According to initial figures released Tuesday by Showtime and HBO, more than 4.4 million pay-per-view telecasts of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight were purchased in the United States...Those figures nearly doubled the previous record for PPV buys and more than doubled the mark for highest PPV revenue."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-pacquiao-fight-shatters-all-live-gate-record

And those were just the initial numbers. I have read that the fight actual sold 4.6 million. Floyd vs Conor would not touch those numbers.

"Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather became the highest grossing boxing PPV event of all-times and that too by a margin with over 4.6 million PPV buys"

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/highest-grossing-boxing-ppv-fights-of-all-times/

Last edited:
My faith in humanity takes another bumb if MayMac sells over 4,2 mill buys.

Who woulda thunk it? Who would have ever thought that Dana White would promote the highest selling boxing PPV of all time?

I think Dana wants to make Conor vs Floyd happen because of his ego. He's going to go down as easily the best combat sports promoter of all time. Biggest MMA PPV = Dana. Built the UFC = Dana. Biggest boxing PPV = Dana.

Boxing is his real love and he's going down in history as a legend in it.
Biggest boxing PPV ? There is no way that this fight would sell better than Floyd vs Pac.
UFC 205 wasn't far off - 1.8m buys for MMA is incredible. This fight will attract the entire MMA demographic, plus a huge chunk of the boxing fans-base. Would not be surprise if it passed 5m buys.

If that's the case then why did they lose the date to GGG vs Canelo?

I bet it doesn't even sell 2.5 mill. True boxing fans done give a shit about this fight.

Huff n Puff n Stuff

X5vN9B1.png

if i were Floyd i'd not sign any contract just to make some butts hurt.

Why the hell do you and dana seem to think he is the man during these discussions. He is a annoying third party

I honestly don't think it would even top the biggest selling UFC PPV. Still don't understand why GGG vs. Canelo is happening in Vegas and not Dallas either??? It was estimated that if the fight happened at Cowboys' Stadium, it would draw 80,000+ easy.

Back