Dana White is putting on the biggest BOXING fight of all time

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who woulda thunk it? Who would have ever thought that Dana White would promote the highest selling boxing PPV of all time?

I think Dana wants to make Conor vs Floyd happen because of his ego. He's going to go down as easily the best combat sports promoter of all time. Biggest MMA PPV = Dana. Built the UFC = Dana. Biggest boxing PPV = Dana.

Boxing is his real love and he's going down in history as a legend in it.

Biggest boxing PPV ? There is no way that this fight would sell better than Floyd vs Pac.

Yeah you're right, its all thanks to Dana White....

1iLJkKh.gif

well they are still a long way from signing this fight... has negotiations even started with Floyd and Co yet?

No it's not the biggest ever.

Biggest boxing PPV ? There is no way that this fight would sell better than Floyd vs Pac.

Alright in terms of sells and shit but to me that wasn't the biggest fight ever.. there are better ones from the HWs along history.. don't get that this was newer and got a better PPV support/sells.. they were times when every single corner of the world knew about Ali or even Tyson to a lesser degree.

Who woulda thunk it? Who would have ever thought that Dana White would promote the highest selling boxing PPV of all time?

I think Dana wants to make Conor vs Floyd happen because of his ego. He's going to go down as easily the best combat sports promoter of all time. Biggest MMA PPV = Dana. Built the UFC = Dana. Biggest boxing PPV = Dana.

Boxing is his real love and he's going down in history as a legend in it.

There is zero proof he will be promoting the fight

It won#t be the biggets boxing fight ever pretty certainly not.

even May vs Pac probably wasn't the biggest fight. it sold the most PPVs that's it. PPVs weren't even big up until years ago in the golden times of boxing things were simply on normal TV.

Ali vs Foreman, Ali vs Frazier 1 + 3 among many going back to Jack Johnson vs James Jeffries were as big of events as they could have been at that moment.

It might become a top 3 highest selling PPV but let's wait and see

Conor, Floyd and Dana are just trolling everyone.

Alright in terms of sells and shit but to me that wasn't the biggest fight ever.. there are better ones from the HWs along history.. don't get that this was newer and got a better PPV support/sells.. they were times when every single corner of the world knew about Ali or even Tyson to a lesser degree.

The TS claimed that it would be the highest selling boxing PPV . The notion that this squash match would outsell Floyd vs Pac is laughable.

Most people did not even get cable until the 80's.

It's not happening.

Also, even if it was, Dana isn't the promoter of the fight, he would just be allowed a piece of the pie.

The real question is do boxing fans buy it. We know the MMA fans and casual 'fight fans' will but I'm not so sure about true boxing fans. They would rather buy Canelo v GGG.

With that said, if it does appeal to boxing fans, and with all the hype and talk that will happen before the fight, its a little foolish to completely dismiss the fact that it could outsell MAY v PAC.

Back