Dana White insists UFC 300 is going to be so insane that fans will lose their minds over the first prelim

I think people have pretty low standards for what is exciting to them.

Here are a few fights I would be excited to see:
Islam/Tsarukyan
Izzy/Khamzat
Aspinall/Perriera
That 6'7" Cuban TKD guy would be cool to see fight. Almost anyone. Would Verhoeven come over?
Shavkat/Usman, Shavkat/Burns although I wish he was fighting for the belt.
Lopes needs to be on there.

I can't believe people could be excited about Ronda/Miesha 3, or a Jake Paul fight, or other nonsense like that.
Please, no Conor in the main at least.
Chandler is only good for one round.

I think people have pretty low standards for what is exciting to them.

Here are a few fights I would be excited to see:
Islam/Tsarukyan
Izzy/Khamzat
Aspinall/Perriera
That 6'7" Cuban TKD guy would be cool to see fight. Almost anyone. Would Verhoeven come over?
Shavkat/Usman, Shavkat/Burns although I wish he was fighting for the belt.
Lopes needs to be on there.

I can't believe people could be excited about Ronda/Miesha 3, or a Jake Paul fight, or other nonsense like that.
Please, no Conor in the main at least.
Chandler is only good for one round.
Come on man. Whats hard to believe about people being excited about Jake Paul? If you are an MMA fan you should be a Jake Paul fan.

He has beaten so many great MMA fighters, in a combat sport (boxing) newer for him than it was for any of those guys.

He is such a generational talent that Nate Diaz is ducking the MMA match with him.

And above all the guy wants fighters to get paid better. Pay equity needs more champions like him!

btw: what about a champ vs champ fight with Leon and Islam?

Come on man. Whats hard to believe about people being excited about Jake Paul? If you are an MMA fan you should be a Jake Paul fan.

He has beaten so many great MMA fighters, in a combat sport (boxing) newer for him than it was for any of those guys.

He is such a generational talent that Nate Diaz is ducking the MMA match with him.

And above all the guy wants fighters to get paid better. Pay equity needs more champions like him!

btw: what about a champ vs champ fight with Leon and Islam?
I actually respect the work he has put in to make himself a boxer, and yes I like that he offers fighters great pay. I just don't yet view him as an elite fighter and I care more about skill than drama.

Leon vs Islam would be cool but I am not super excited about it.

UFC 300 is already looking cursed. DDP seems like he's not willing to turn around and fight so soon, and I can't blame him. There seem to be issues getting McGregor vs Chandler on UFC 300. I keep seeing Chandler talking about that fight in June, so he's probably not ready.

The smart thing to do would be strip Jon Jones and have Aspinall fight for the HW belt. But they won't do that. If they truly end up doing Alex Pereira vs Aspinall for yet another interim title, then that's really, really dumb. First of all, Cyril Gane deserves to fight Aspinall far more. Secondly, if Aspinall wins yet ANOTHER interim title fight, then making Jones vs Stipe should be a criminal offense at that point. The UFC shouldn't have Aspinall fight another interim title fight unless they guarantee he fights Jones next.

The card objectively is great top to bottom and worthy the moniker. The only one I am miffed about is Nickal/Brundage. They havent done shit to be lined up on this card with legends and vets. Its another homegrown special for dana that rarely works out. Like the time he shoved Sage Northcutt down our throats. (Glad the guy is having a revival career in 1)

Back