Dana White insists UFC 300 is going to be so insane that fans will lose their minds over the first prelim

So far the card is pretty meh. Seems like your average PPV.

Dana is so dumb not putting McGregor/Chandler on this.

Just so he can give Conor his own card with a terrible undercard behind it. Dumb.

I have a slight suspicion that Joanna Jędrzejczyk might make an appearance on the UFC300 card.

Conor/Chandler would probably be a worthy UFC 300 main event just based on publicity but it doesn't look like that's happening. Even if they get Ronda back, I don't know if that's enough for the main event. MMA is just not in a very good place right now from a star power perspective.

I'm guessing it'll end up being Aspinall/Gane or Poatan/Hill headlining and Dana will act like it's the greatest fight in the history of the sport.

Conor/Chandler would probably be a worthy UFC 300 main event just based on publicity but it doesn't look like that's happening. Even if they get Ronda back, I don't know if that's enough for the main event. MMA is just not in a very good place right now from a star power perspective.

I'm guessing it'll end up being Aspinall/Gane or Poatan/Hill headlining and Dana will act like it's the greatest fight in the history of the sport.
I'm glad someone else sees this. There's something seriously wrong with an organization when literally every fighter with a shred of name value wants to leave. This is a sport where the top brass consider the talent to be worthless pieces of shit (not really exaggerating much, just look at the texts and emails being revealed in the lawsuit).

MMA interest has shrunk considerably from peak Conor and it can't be going the way WME envisioned it. I am not convinced that this sport won't seriously collapse given the times we are living in and seem to be moving further into. All the UFC has been able to answer with is increased PPV prices, increased ticket prices, and more events of lesser quality.

How many more fights are left to announce?

Even if they add Leon vs Belal it'll end up being a good "regular" card

Not 300 worthy

I'm glad someone else sees this. There's something seriously wrong with an organization when literally every fighter with a shred of name value wants to leave. This is a sport where the top brass consider the talent to be worthless pieces of shit (not really exaggerating much, just look at the texts and emails being revealed in the lawsuit).

MMA interest has shrunk considerably from peak Conor and it can't be going the way WME envisioned it. I am not convinced that this sport won't seriously collapse given the times we are living in and seem to be moving further into. All the UFC has been able to answer with is increased PPV prices, increased ticket prices, and more events of lesser quality.
I think the sport in the US is in trouble but it blowing up across the globe.

Back