Dana White: "I'd love to see guys spar with Ronda. She'd knock someone's head off"

he knows things about her that we don't know eh?

sounds like proof he's banging her

no she couldnt lol faber is a gorilla at 135 and ronda carries alot more body fat (naturally being a woman nothing wrong with it just fact) and is not as fast, explosive, strong, or well conditioned, and thats not even mentioning that he is just much more talented.

lets keep pretending these 135 look the same for your benefit though
faber.jpg
Ronda-Rousey_1650.jpg

hell lets even look at 125ers who are clearly bigger than rousey
johnson_vs._dodson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

women dont fight men for a reason because we dont have the same bodies and its not fair. dont let uncle dana fool you this is the same guy screaming he would have a 115lb division before a womens division because there was no depth to the womens division... that was like 6 months ago lol what changed. im all for women fighting if they want to fight but its not equal and people just need to acknowledge that.

The people who argue for women's mma are either women's rights activists or straight up ignorant.

Not a single one of them could hang with guys in striking. Even Cyborg. Put her in there with Swanson, Lamas, Edgar, Pourier or how bout Aldo :icon_lol: It would be embarrassing

Maybe even guida

but....but....she hangs up tennis balls around the house to improve her head movement

I honestly don't know what DW is thinking?! Although RR might have better stand-up than 2 years ago, when taking a punch from a man and a man with "power" she would crumble or really feal it compared to a women's punch. Unless DW's talking about some real low level guy?!

Check yo' Self before you wreck...Ronda!!!

Lol

When he says "guys", does he mean fighters, or like just some normal out of shape dude?

Half of the teens on sherdog here her weight could give her trouble in stand-up only (grappling is a different story) Please Dana.

if he is talking about rhonda sparring with guys as in internet posters guys who dont train, then yes he is correct

caraway would murder her

For me womens MMA is no different than any other female sports and in the vast vast majority of sports. Elite females are not better than 16 year old boys who are elite for their age at the same sport

For me womens MMA is no different than any other female sports and in the vast vast majority of sports. Elite females are not better than 16 year old boys who are elite for their age at the same sport

More like 14 years old.

Gegard looked half asleep and completely shut Ronda down. I thought she looked legitimately pissed off during that video.
WJEs[/MEDIA]

Damn, if anything, this just shows that guys like Jardine, who we all like to joke about, would absolutely murder the average person with little to no effort. Jardine was able to take Mousasi down multiple times, and he isn't even known as a wrestler/takedown artist. Keep in mind that this was during a fight, where both men were going 100%. Mousasi is probably going 20% in that vid, while Honda is obviously going all out, and it wasn't even competitive.

More hyperbole from Dana looking to get some attention or a sound bite.

Dana is so full of shit and this hype is making me nauseous.

1.) Ronda's striking is seriously fucking awful. Move in and out in straight lines, chin in the air, and throws some of the most telegraphed punches with no set up.

2.) People are focusing on different things when hitting the pads. So comparing Ronda by saying she is better than others in the UFC is dumb without context of the drill because he doesn't know what they are working on.

3.) ALMOST ANYONE can look really good hitting the mitts, especially if you have a good, experience holder (which every high profile mma fighter would have).

I know my jimmies may sound rustled and maybe they are. I also don't have a problem with Dana really but it's time for him the shut up and sit the fuck down with this shit.

I haven't touched a heavy bag in years and Ronda still wouldn't take my head. Her standup in terrible as of her last fight and from what I've seen in recent training videos.

Bring on Mousasi again.

Rousey already got a grappling reality check when she sparred with him. I really can't stand all this hype.

You're telling me a guy who was top 10 at 205lbs and top 3 at 185lbs could beat a 135lb female fighter? Holy shit, she must be awful!

What is he talking about? theres a reason she tries to get the takedown as quickly as possible, her hands are not nearly at the level of her elite male counterparts. Plus her d is really lacking she let tate who was running at her with her head looking down swinging wild hooks that you could see coming from a mile away tag her with about 4 or 5 power shots before securing the takedown. God only knows what a halfway decent striker would do to her.

Back