Dana White: GSP will call out opponents, but isn't serious about UFC comeback

Lol and Dana let Conor not defend his belts and take money fights, what a hypocrite

Don't worry. GSP will almost certainly fight for the 155 belt.

He's just waiting for the UFC to start struggling on PPV sales, which they will without Conor. Then WME-IMG will overrule Dana, and GSP will fight for the 155 belt.

One of the intricacies of a narrative I see 165 being a real thing.

I wish someone would create a timeline on Dana-isms, and the rate st which whatever he conveys is the exact opposite of what happens 3 months after he says the opposite.

I agree!!! We need an internet hero to compile a list of everything Dana White has ever said, which turned out to be completely false. "There will never be women's MMA in the UFC". "He will never fight in the UFC again".

Dana has lied through his teeth so many times, that we need a highlight reel.

Nah you're wrong. But it's obvious that you've made up your mind.. Conor fighting nate first off conor wanted it at 155 nate is the one who couldn't make the weight this is a fact. the only other options were Pettis and Faber.
And Cowboy... who already was on weight

The UFC tried to spew nonsense that Nate couldn't make 155. It has been proven to be bullshit. For the rematch as well.

Whatever the case, right after winning the 145 belt, Conor showed zero intentions to defend it. He didn't want to vacate it either. It helps him with his self-esteem issues to parade around with the belt. Even after the UFC stripped Conor of the 145 belt, Conor still paraded around with it. That's how small he is.

Meanwhile, Jose Aldo is a legend from back in the WEC days. He became a legend even before coming in to the UFC. Legendary fights with Brown and Faber. Not to mention his 7 second stoppage of Cub Swanson.

You kids need to brush up on your mma.

And Cowboy... who already was on weight

The UFC tried to spew nonsense that Nate couldn't make 155. It has been proven to be bullshit. For the rematch as well.

Whatever the case, right after winning the 145 belt, Conor showed zero intentions to defend it. He didn't want to vacate it either. It helps him with his self-esteem issues to parade around with the belt. Even after the UFC stripped Conor of the 145 belt, Conor still paraded around with it. That's how small he is.

Meanwhile, Jose Aldo is a legend from back in the WEC days. He became a legend even before coming in to the UFC. Legendary fights with Brown and Faber. Not to mention his 7 second stoppage of Cub Swanson.

You kids need to brush up on your mma.
No that is not true. Nates camp themselves said that Nate couldn't make that weight on that notice, Conor said fuck it 170. Find me a source that says otherwise. I will agree that the rematch was at 170 because conor said he wanted the exact same terms.

And I'm not discrediting Jose aldos skills, It's his attendance records and ppv buy rate that makes him unfavourable to hold 2 belts. and if you can't understand that part of it, you're just a jose dick rider. You can bring up what he did in the WEC all you want, but be real. You know your stuff. you've been around a while i can tell. You know this game is about what you've done LATELY. and at that time, Jose pulled out of 2 straight fights (mendes rematch, conor fight) conor had been very active and a heaven send for the ufc's ppv buy rates.

I agree!!! We need an internet hero to compile a list of everything Dana White has ever said, which turned out to be completely false. "There will never be women's MMA in the UFC". "He will never fight in the UFC again".

Dana has lied through his teeth so many times, that we need a highlight reel.

Another one that comes to mind is years ago telling askren that usada testing in ufc was impossible.
It’s what started their tiff.

No that is not true. Nates camp themselves said that Nate couldn't make that weight on that notice, Conor said fuck it 170. Find me a source that says otherwise. I will agree that the rematch was at 170 because conor said he wanted the exact same terms.

And I'm not discrediting Jose aldos skills, It's his attendance records and ppv buy rate that makes him unfavourable to hold 2 belts. and if you can't understand that part of it, you're just a jose dick rider. You can bring up what he did in the WEC all you want, but be real. You know your stuff. you've been around a while i can tell. You know this game is about what you've done LATELY. and at that time, Jose pulled out of 2 straight fights (mendes rematch, conor fight) conor had been very active and a heaven send for the ufc's ppv buy rates.
nope

Georges St-Pierre has expressed interest in comeback fights against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

But UFC President Dana White isn’t convinced the former welterweight and middleweight champion actually wants to fight. And if he does, it’s only under circumstances favorable to himself.

“I don’t think Georges St-Pierre is looking to fight right now,” White told MMAjunkie on Thursday. “You’ll hear him go out and do interviews: ‘I’ll fight Conor’ and stuff like that. But that’s not realistic. I think if Georges sees a fight that he likes, he’ll call it out, but he’s not looking to dive back in there anytime soon.”

White stands firm on his position that he won’t allow St-Pierre another chance to take home a belt and leave the sport.

“The reality is this: The guy won the 170-pound championship, never lost it, gave it up,” White said. “Won the 185-pound championship, gave it up. I’m not going to have him come in to fight at 155 to give it up and not defend it. No.”

via mmajunkie

Id watch him fight Conor @ 155

Somebody is sounding a little butthurt that GSP does what the fuck he wants to do.

It's ok Dana, you'll always have Conor.

This thread could be from 5 years ago, nothing has changed.

Dana contradicts himself.

So.... which is it Dana? That GSP doesn't want to fight those he calls out, or you don't want to LET him fight and walk away with the belt? You can't have it both ways you big bullshitter.

Georges St-Pierre has expressed interest in comeback fights against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

But UFC President Dana White isn’t convinced the former welterweight and middleweight champion actually wants to fight. And if he does, it’s only under circumstances favorable to himself.

“I don’t think Georges St-Pierre is looking to fight right now,” White told MMAjunkie on Thursday. “You’ll hear him go out and do interviews: ‘I’ll fight Conor’ and stuff like that. But that’s not realistic. I think if Georges sees a fight that he likes, he’ll call it out, but he’s not looking to dive back in there anytime soon.”

White stands firm on his position that he won’t allow St-Pierre another chance to take home a belt and leave the sport.

“The reality is this: The guy won the 170-pound championship, never lost it, gave it up,” White said. “Won the 185-pound championship, gave it up. I’m not going to have him come in to fight at 155 to give it up and not defend it. No.”

via mmajunkie
Dana is a loud mouth classless goof . Reminds me of the time he said "GSP is in an ambulance going to the hospital right now" then gsp strolled in casual as fuck.

It's pretty worrisome, to be a goat candidate with a legacy, to be in good fighting shape and in your eligable years to compete completely healthy, healed up and at a high level, yet be unwilling to challenge yourself of truly worthy opponents.

Gsp' legacy and image are suffering imo and his approval rating will continue to drop the longer he stands by the side lines cherry picking opponents.

I want to see him fight to his best abilities while he still can perform at a top level. He is wasting his time hardcore now, and has no excuse to fall back on now that his stomach issue healed.

Fingers crossed, I just hope he manages to regain your respect in the end.

Dana is a loud mouth classless goof . Reminds me of the time he said "GSP is in an ambulance going to the hospital right now" then gsp strolled in casual as fuck.
Dana White couldn't care less about getting caught lying. Typical sociopath

GSP has the ability to pretty much beat all the guys below 205 lbs and Dana knows it. Petty shit. Is he bound by any contract? If Dana doesn't want him in the ufc then he needs to let him be a free agent. Call me crazy but GSP in Bellator would do huge for them

Fingers crossed, I just hope he manages to regain your respect in the end.
I truly respect him and everything he has done already but you know how mma is, it's what have you done for me lately.

via mmajunkie

duh there a reason gsp picked to retire than sign to fight khabib after ufc 229.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back