Dana White: GSP will call out opponents, but isn't serious about UFC comeback

GSP is retired. He had I think a top three career all time, arguably the best of all time. He doesn’t need to ever compete again.

GSP wants to fight again for big money, against McGregor most likely. Dana obviously doesn't want this fight to happen unless there is a belt on the line (despite what he claims), because he wants to tie down the winner with the championship clause.

GSP wants to fight again for big money, against McGregor most likely. Dana obviously doesn't want this fight to happen unless there is a belt on the line (despite what he claims), because he wants to tie down the winner with the championship clause.

I don’t really think he wants it anymore. I am a Conor McGregor fan but GSP knows after seeing that contest, that he can ragdoll him with ease. It’s not an interesting fight.. I think he stays retired.

GSP has no leverage here even with kinder WME Dana. He is represented by CAA and there is going to be some weird dick swinging going on.

It's pretty worrisome, to be a goat candidate with a legacy, to be in good fighting shape and in your eligable years to compete completely healthy, healed up and at a high level, yet be unwilling to challenge yourself of truly worthy opponents.

Gsp' legacy and image are suffering imo and his approval rating will continue to drop the longer he stands by the side lines cherry picking opponents.

I want to see him fight to his best abilities while he still can perform at a top level. He is wasting his time hardcore now, and has no excuse to fall back on now that his stomach issue healed.

Do you even know what you're talking about? That disease cannot be healed. He is 38 years old, has been fighting for like 18 years. He doesn't has to fight just because some stupid keyboard warrior like you wants to see him lose.

It is telling when you go out to excuse what GSP is doing by the sport killing behaviour of Conor.

Dana is right about GSP, but he is a hypocrite in the context of Conor. We are sports fans and should agree with Dana about this opinion, unless you want sport killing behaviour to continue.

We are sports fans and should agree with Dana about this opinion, unless you want sport killing behaviour to continue.

Do you think GSP books fights?

GSP wanted a MW title shot. That ruins MMA's legitimacy? Nope. Of course a fighter is going to want that.

The UFC choose to give out that tile shot. Because they wanted too.

UFC sold part of their legitimacy out. GSP was one, of several, benefactors.

If you expect fighters to uphold UFC's integrity, this shit will be replaced in 10 years.

Last edited:
Do you even know what you're talking about? That disease cannot be healed. He is 38 years old, has been fighting for like 18 years. He doesn't has to fight just because some stupid keyboard warrior like you wants to see him lose.
You could have said all that without insulting me personally ya know. It's all about opinion and it's subjective at the end of the day. I didn't know about his disease being incurable but I still hold my opinion on how his career will be looked back on in retrospect if he continues to part time fight and pick favorable matchups.you can disagree for all I care but you can start to see the backlash he is getting now just here on sherdog for starters. It isn't as farfetched as it seems.

He should fight formidable opponents and soon or else DC will pass him for number 2 goat spot.

It's pretty worrisome, to be a goat candidate with a legacy, to be in good fighting shape and in your eligable years to compete completely healthy, healed up and at a high level, yet be unwilling to challenge yourself of truly worthy opponents.

Gsp' legacy and image are suffering imo and his approval rating will continue to drop the longer he stands by the side lines cherry picking opponents.

I want to see him fight to his best abilities while he still can perform at a top level. He is wasting his time hardcore now, and has no excuse to fall back on now that his stomach issue healed.
Gsp is not in his prime anymore. He just needs to take exciting fights or money making ones. He has nothing to prove.

At least Conor takes on challenging opponents
GSP defended his title multiple times against contenders like Jake Shields, Jon Fitch and more, Conor defended it zero times. What are you on about?

gsp-is-on-his-way-to-the-hospital.jpg
Classic...just before GSP heroically returned to the presser

Lol Dana has always had a mad hard on for St. Pierre.

Exactly. Dana comes across so petty.

All this started because GSP asked Dana to pay for his voluntary VADA testing and Dana laughed at him and called him stupid for doing the test.

GSP never once spoke bad about the company up till that point. Great ambassador for the UFC... Top ppv draw. He said he was doing this to prove to everyone that not everybody at the top was on steroids. He was helping the company's image.

Instead, Dana treated him like shit. Then Dana tried to execute GSP at the infamous press conference.

GSP was badly affected by it. He was mentally exhausted and stressed. He however recovered, brushed it aside at business... And decided to come back.

Dana and the UFC told GSP he wasn't worth the money because fans have forgotten who he was. They continued to treat him like shit. Dana kept saying publicly that GSP doesn't want to fight. GSP went on a talkshow saying he has been begging for a contest but the UFC kept refusing to compensate him for the loss he would make from not getting Under Armor sponsorship since reebok was now the sole sponsor.

Dana finally agreed after Ronda's hype went bust... And Conor was refusing to fight in the cage, holding out for more money and even going to boxing.

Dana agreed, GSP came back and won... And when he found out he had a serious illness he vacated right away like a professional instead of holding the division hostage like some of the others today.

And even now Dana is still so bitter. What a small man Dana White is, when it comes to GSP.
{<redford}

No surpise there.

It'd be cool to see GSP fight for the 155 pound title but having him get a belt and then retire from the sport will cost far more In the grand scheme than the event itself would make.
How so? I don't see how it would really cost anything. Especially now that they hand out interm belts like the prize in a cracker jack box. How many lightweight and welterweight champions are there currently? Lol.

Two fighters I cant stand watching-GSP and Shale Sonnen.

Just cant get into. Watch the whole fight pass library. Watch every prelim and fight pass. From Hendo to Sanchez. Cant bloody stand GSP and Sonnen. Just plain, boring, outer snoozefest.

How so? I don't see how it would really cost anything. Especially now that they hand out interm belts like the prize in a cracker jack box. How many lightweight and welterweight champions are there currently? Lol.
Khabib would lose his undefeated record. He has the aura of invincibility at the moment and will likely fight for many years to come and is a reasonably big star himself at the moment.

GSP fighting for the 155 title would be massive and pull massive numbers but that would be nothing compared to having an undefeated champion reign and continue to put on huge fights for years to come.

If he were to win the title, It would delegitimize Khabib and the rest of the division to a degree. All the while Georges sails off into the sunset.

It would be great for GSP. A huge money / numbers fight, solidifying his legacy even further..but In the grand scheme, assuming It's a one and done for Georges, It's not worth It from a business standpoint for the UFC. At the end of the day, It's about money and they're obviously highly Intelligent and are considering the bigger picture.

Now, if he won the title and was absolutely going to defend and continue to fight that's another matter but It seems unlikely at this stage of his career and I doubt Dana or the UFC are willing to take that risk.

Much as it would be dope to see for the fans.

At least Conor takes on challenging opponents
Yeah when he has nothing to lose and everythng to gain ( kinda like GSP did when he came back after 4 years to challenge for a belt in a weightclass he had never competed in against a much bigger guy who on paper is a stylistic nightmare for him as the betting underdog) or when he picks the least prepared guy on his list of options to fight on short notice.

You would have to be a fool to think GSP has had a more impressive and challenging career than Conor!! ( Again, extreme sarcasm incase that was unclear.)

Back