Dana White: GSP will call out opponents, but isn't serious about UFC comeback

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Georges St-Pierre has expressed interest in comeback fights against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

But UFC President Dana White isn’t convinced the former welterweight and middleweight champion actually wants to fight. And if he does, it’s only under circumstances favorable to himself.

“I don’t think Georges St-Pierre is looking to fight right now,” White told MMAjunkie on Thursday. “You’ll hear him go out and do interviews: ‘I’ll fight Conor’ and stuff like that. But that’s not realistic. I think if Georges sees a fight that he likes, he’ll call it out, but he’s not looking to dive back in there anytime soon.”

White stands firm on his position that he won’t allow St-Pierre another chance to take home a belt and leave the sport.

“The reality is this: The guy won the 170-pound championship, never lost it, gave it up,” White said. “Won the 185-pound championship, gave it up. I’m not going to have him come in to fight at 155 to give it up and not defend it. No.”

via mmajunkie

Lol and Dana let Conor not defend his belts and take money fights, what a hypocrite

This means GSP fighting in 2019 confirmed!

Thanks Dana! Hope you get over the butthurt soon

gsp-is-on-his-way-to-the-hospital.jpg

I’m sure GSP is so worried about anything Dana says

<GSPWoah>

By the way why can’t I quote people all of a sudden yet have no yellow

It's pretty worrisome, to be a goat candidate with a legacy, to be in good fighting shape and in your eligable years to compete completely healthy, healed up and at a high level, yet be unwilling to challenge yourself of truly worthy opponents.

Gsp' legacy and image are suffering imo and his approval rating will continue to drop the longer he stands by the side lines cherry picking opponents.

I want to see him fight to his best abilities while he still can perform at a top level. He is wasting his time hardcore now, and has no excuse to fall back on now that his stomach issue healed.

I think a lot of it is the chance of GSP becoming the first three-weight champion. That's a really prestigious thing and I doubt he'd want it to be someone who he butted heads with.

It's pretty worrisome, to be a goat candidate with a legacy, to be in good fighting shape and in your eligable years to compete completely healthy, healed up and at a high level, yet be unwilling to challenge yourself of truly worthy opponents.

Gsp' legacy and image are suffering imo and his approval rating will continue to drop the longer he stands by the side lines cherry picking opponents.

I want to see him fight to his best abilities while he still can perform at a top level. He is wasting his time hardcore now, and has no excuse to fall back on now that his stomach issue healed.
Honestly, GSP has earned the right to choose whenever he wants to fight and say who he wants to fight. Especially when McGregor went two years without defending two titles and ultimately never defended them at all, Dana can suck a fat one.

No surpise there.

It'd be cool to see GSP fight for the 155 pound title but having him get a belt and then retire from the sport will cost far more In the grand scheme than the event itself would make.

Says Georges isn't looking to fight.
Then says he won't let Georges fight the guys that Georges is looking to fight.....

Last edited:
Dana said Gsp wasn’t serious about returning before he finished Bisping and collected another title also.

If Dana goes more than a couple of months without making his “GSP doesn’t want to fight” quote. I wonder if he’s developing a brain tumor. This has been going on for 3 years now.

Dana is a mythomaniac, fuck him sideways.

I'd like to see gsp in a nontitle lw match up. Just to see what he looks like at 155 pounds

Will never forget when Dana lied about GSP's whereabouts after the Hendricks fight and the look at Dana's face when GSP showed up to the press conference anyways

Fuck Dana and his bald head

Back