Dana White: GSP will call out opponents, but isn't serious about UFC comeback

Just like Mcgregor has been doing lately.

duh there a reason gsp picked to retire than sign to fight khabib after ufc 229.
GSP never once said 'retire'. Because if you say 'retire' you legally PAUSE your contract.

This was the whole ground that GSP ended up catching Dana White. The UFC has to offer a certain amount of fights in a certain amount of period of time, otherwise the contract and agreement becomes void.

GSP was taking 'time off'. This is why GSP started to declare that he was a 'free agent'... before the UFC reached an agreement.

If you don't know what you are talking about, you should talk less, and listen more.

I still think GSP-Khabib is THE fight to make, PPV # wise as well as legacy for both guys. Khabib can get a win over a top 3 GOAT, or GSP becomes 3 div champ. Risk-Reward factor is good for both guys. I think Khabib would be smart to turn down any other offers and push hard for the GSP fight.

The UFC can market it as the undefeated Russian mauler (Ivan Drago type shit) vs former champ on his last hoorah. MMA fans will eat it up, and it will actually be a competitive fight.

Came up short against 2 undefeated world champions. Back to back, across 2 sports. Guy gets too little credit for that.

I don't have any emotional concern for his public image - it's his life - but the vitriolic criticism pouring his way now is just absurd. Still a badass. So is GSP. I just think Conor has a better track record for taking on proposed challenges.

I don't have any emotional concern for his public image - it's his life - but the vitriolic criticism pouring his way now is just absurd. Still a badass. So is GSP. I just think Conor has a better track record for taking on proposed challenges.
You play big to win big. He's a poker player, pushing all his chips to the center of the table. I'll always admire that.

GSP never once said 'retire'. Because if you say 'retire' you legally PAUSE your contract.

This was the whole ground that GSP ended up catching Dana White. The UFC has to offer a certain amount of fights in a certain amount of period of time, otherwise the contract and agreement becomes void.

GSP was taking 'time off'. This is why GSP started to declare that he was a 'free agent'... before the UFC reached an agreement.

If you don't know what you are talking about, you should talk less, and listen more.

so why did he go on ariel show in studio and say im leaning towards retirement.

Conor deserved that opportunity. Jose Aldo didnt. After conor beat aldo in december he fought nate twice and beat alverez before that year was over. He demonstrated he was active enough to actually hold 2 belts. Unlike jose who rarely fought more than twice a year. On top of the fact he pulls out of half of his fights, youre seeing 1 defense a year across 2 divisions
How many a year did we see out of Conor across 2 divisions, surely it couldn't have been less than 1 right?

Because GSP is a legend and a draw

nobody said he wasnt. he can have super fights with out belts.

it not shocking gsp would rather fight conor over khabib.

there a reason he picked retiring again

He has said he wanted to fight Khabib in the past though

oct 15th gsp while a guest on ariel show said he leaning towards retirement over fighting again.
You said "he picked to retire again on Ariel's show"

Please post the source.

The reason is most likely Dana NOT offering him Khabib. GSP stated many times he would love to fight Khabib.

The reason is most likely Dana NOT offering him Khabib. GSP stated many times he would love to fight Khabib.

well what dana said is he wants to know if gsp can make 155 and gsp not willing to do a test cut first.

it be a bad look if gsp missed weight and fight was called off or turned in to non title fight.

Back