Dana White: Francis Ngannou has potential to win UFC title, hold it for ‘very long time

Dark Platinum most definitely has immense potential. I see him becoming champ in a year or so.
The Dark Platinum one will blacken the skies over the HW division and usher in an eternal night

I like Ngannou. He's just entered MMA and he has already set up charities in Cameroon. He's a good guy.

Didn't he also say he was the next Anderson Silva?

Why do people keep saying the heavyweight division is old? JDS is 32 and Stipe is 34.

This guy is 30 and has never beaten anyone in the top 10. He does look pretty beast mode so far though.
Because it is very old? Almost everyone is well over 30. And a lot of these guys have a lot of wear and tear on them and probably won't be around much longer.

Champion: Miocic 34
1 Werdum 39
2 Velasquez 34
3 Overeem 36
4 JDS 33 (in a few days at least)
5 Rothwell 35
6 Hunt 42
7 Arlovski 37
8 Lewis 31
9 Browne 34
10 Ngannou 30
11 Struve 28
12 Volkov 28
13 Omielanczuk 34
14 Oleinik 39
14 Johnson 31

I don't know about Arlovski at this point, it seems like the UFC is using Francis to give them a reason to cut Arlovski or something.. Something about this matchmaking stinks to me and seems like there is an ulterior motive involved. A win over a guy with a cracked chin and on a 3 fight losing streak isn't going to prove that much to me, Ngannou's fight with that little European dude with the tattoos told me all I need to know about this guy, he is a fucking giant beast and for sure has a future as a top contender. That aside, way to throw Andre to the wolves.. Using him as a stepping stone for a fucking behemoth of a man that is going through these guys like a hot knife thru butter is a dick move by the UFC.. They could've gave him someone to rebuild on, but they chose to make him the sacrificial lamb for this dude. Like another poster said, Dana must not like Arlovski that much, and this might be proof.

Ngannou looks pretty good, but way more questions then answers at this point.

Arlovski is a good test but he likes to shit on peoples parades.

I don't know about Arlovski at this point, it seems like the UFC is using Francis to give them a reason to cut Arlovski or something.. Something about this matchmaking stinks to me and seems like there is an ulterior motive involved. A win over a guy with a cracked chin and on a 3 fight losing streak isn't going to prove that much to me, Ngannou's fight with that little European dude with the tattoos told me all I need to know about this guy, he is a fucking giant beast and for sure has a future as a top contender. That aside, way to throw Andre to the wolves.. Using him as a stepping stone for a fucking behemoth of a man that is going through these guys like a hot knife thru butter is a dick move by the UFC.. They could've gave him someone to rebuild on, but they chose to make him the sacrificial lamb for this dude. Like another poster said, Dana must not like Arlovski that much, and this might be proof.
Dana may not like him personally, but it didn't stop the UFC bringing him back and giving him the opportunity to have a career resurgence. Don't forget they brought him in off the back of a win over unknown Andreas Kraniotakes, a guy that lost to every name he faced and who never fought again after the AA loss. Before that we're 2 light heavyweights and he lost to 1 and almost lost to the other.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Kraniotakes
(it's in german, needs translating ^^)

I think they know Andre is a known name, so they are now using the older names to promote the most likely contenders. It was so many of the same fighters fighting each other all the time. I think this new company is actually going to try and promote their fighters.
If Ngannou loses he loses to a known fighter, and if he wins then he pulls himself up the rankings. I like it better then when the had him fight Blades.

I think they know Andre is a known name, so they are now using the older names to promote the most likely contenders. It was so many of the same fighters fighting each other all the time. I think this new company is actually going to try and promote their fighters.
If Ngannou loses he loses to a known fighter, and if he wins then he pulls himself up the rankings. I like it better then when the had him fight Blades.
I think they tried to do it with Duffee vs Mir and Schaub vs Big Nig too but sometimes it backfires, and the history of the HW division tends to favour the guys 30-40 yrs old over those 20-30 yrs old. I know less than a year ago the UFC signed a crop of HWs but I kinda lost track of whether they competed yet or not. They were nearly all names I didn't recognise

lol....lets see him beat a top guy first before we start talking new breed 2.0

Incorrect.

Ufc normally never signs new guys against big names, they just mAKE the old names fight each other in pointitles rematches.. It's why the HW divisions been so shit.

Now it happens and you cry.

I think they tried to do it with Duffee vs Mir and Schaub vs Big Nig too but sometimes it backfires, and the history of the HW division tends to favour the guys 30-40 yrs old over those 20-30 yrs old. I know less than a year ago the UFC signed a crop of HWs but I kinda lost track of whether they competed yet or not. They were nearly all names I didn't recognise
They make them all fight each other while we get shit like Bigfoot Arlovski 2

They make them all fight each other while we get shit like Bigfoot Arlovski 2
5q9p8OB.gif

(lol I was just gonna post the gif but found this meme version)

Talk about the Kiss of Death. Now Ngannou is going to lose via embarrassing KO at the hands of Arlovski. Thanks, Dana...ya' fuckin' goof!

Back