Dana finally reacts to Fury Ngannou

For something the whole sports world was discussing for a week....it sure took a long time for Dana to say something.

Boy you're so fucking mad Dana didn't immediately hold a press conference just to talk about Ngannou and instead only talked about it when asked by someone else in his first media appearance all week which was a Thursday podcast.

Sad.

Hilarious that he says he didn't watch the fight. 100% he watched it hahaha.

He always says that sort of shit when it's an event that's not his. Just tries to casually deny it as if he didn't know it was even on.

Dana: "Oh, was that this weekend? Nah, didn't catch it. Was it good?"

haha.

It was on at 2:30pm in the afternoon his time due to the time change, was expected to be a massive blowout for Fury, and Jon Jones had just gotten injured the day prior. Why you think Dana and other people didn't have better things to do and instead we're just going to catch the news is beyond me.

My friend group was at a cottage and going to miss it because we were doing other shit for Halloween weekend. We only saw it because I texted another group chat to send me a stream when it was main event time. That group had no idea the fight was on yet because of the time change and only realized it from my text. When I threw it on the guys drifted over for the novelty of it while the girls obviously didn't give a fuck. I caused like 10 people across friend groups and time zones to see the fight who otherwise wouldn't as everybody else was doing other shit / had no idea the fight was even starting.
It was on a Saturday afternoon, not a Tuesday morning. Your anecdote doesn't match up very well though. You're a random dude who happens to like fights. Dana makes his living from it. He knew damned well what time his former fighter would be on. We've seen him watching less hyped fights while cageside, but I'm supposed to believe he didn't take a half hour out of his day or any day following the result? Nah. He's just being Dana about it.

Lol about his biased reaction : Conor made 10 rounds except that Conor lost by TKO against a washed out Floyd while Ngannou won against a prime Fury.

Just the small difference that Dana failed to see <seedat>

Doesn’t sound like Dana even gives a fuck, more so just happy Francis didn’t completely embarrass mma Woodley/Askren style.

I'm not so sure like you are tbh, I think this is the Vince effect: better businessmen around him are making him act different obliged. Pride is not good for the company and now that WWE has veto and all that... I think that's the real reason lol.
Makes sense. Even the knowledge that Vince is watching and will judge him means Vince might not have to say a word. He may just be more willing to put on his big boy pants when it comes to emotional outbursts so he doesn't look like an emotional liability.

Another boneheaded emotional statement with nothing to back it up but accusing others of making this political.

OP quoted the former president’s dumbass son. And it was a stupid quote. It didn’t magically become a political thread.
Well, to be fair, OP also said "of course a republican would say that" so it wasn't magic - it was intentional.

That said, I agree with OP. And I def lean more right than left on most things fiscal. But I can agree that a liberal would be more concerned about fighter pay. And, on this specific issue, I would more agree with the more likely liberal view that fighters should get paid more. But I'd also hold the more likely conservative view that they should advocate for that. And I also agree that liberals are just as greedy, overall, in different ways (look at the current president's dumb ass son).

But I'll shut up now since I don't care. I'm just chiming in to keep it fair is all.

Doesn’t sound like Dana even gives a fuck, more so just happy Francis didn’t completely embarrass mma Woodley/Askren style.
I think he wants to sound like he doesn't give a fuck. First time he's EVER not given a fuck about Francis. Usually he throws a little petty shade.

It was on a Saturday afternoon, not a Tuesday morning. Your anecdote doesn't match up very well though. You're a random dude who happens to like fights. Dana makes his living from it. He knew damned well what time his former fighter would be on. We've seen him watching less hyped fights while cageside, but I'm supposed to believe he didn't take a half hour out of his day or any day following the result? Nah. He's just being Dana about it.

It's only a Saturday afternoon card if you even realize it's a 10 hour time difference to Riyahd. And even care to watch what was expected to be a massive blowout.

That "lesser" fight you're referring to was Wilder vs Ortiz occuring at the same time over in NY while he was watching the corpses of Arlovski vs Struve on a random Cyborg vs Yana PPV. Not exactly hard to know the 3 hour time difference, all of the UFC's own cards are literally built on that 3 hour difference between west and east coast. Not west vs Riyadh.

Maybe Dana's lying, maybe he's not. But it's just the latest pivot after he hasn't said shit in 10 months for Ngannou stans. They're the only ones bitter about the split and come off time and time again like jilted lovers meanwhile the UFC just says nothing. You guys got what you wanted with Dana saying he's impressed and it blows his mind and it's still not enough.

Sad.

You act like the republican tax cuts affect your broke ass in any way, lmao.

Just every single person making over $10K and Married couples making over $19K as the tax brackets rates were lowered across the board. Someone with an AGI of $50K saved $1,200 in effective tax someone with an AGI of $75K saves nearly $2K and someone with and AGI of 100K saved $2.4K not to mention the standard deduction essentially doubled meaning your taxable income is lowered further. Lower wage earners are almost exclusively going to use a standard deduction.

But it's always funny to hear the most ignorant people on here parrot shit they hear with zero knowledge or experience with tax. But what would I know I'm just a CPA with years of tax experience and you're probably some Sous Chef at Taco Bell that wouldn't even be able to file a simple tax return.

KQFR12AA_t.jpg

Trump Jr suggesting that boxing is paying too much and that UFC pay structure is fair. Of course a republican will say that

he's right, most fights are shitty and fighters should be paid less

Trump Jr suggesting that boxing is paying too much and that UFC pay structure is fair. Of course a republican will say that
The irony is, the Trumps arent not "republicans", at least not in any traditional sense.

I dont believe him when he says he didnt see it

Dana is right. He knows both the mma and boxing business real well. What qualifications do any of you have to say otherwise?

“When you see the UFC guys, they go do boxing, they’re still a different sort of pay structure in boxing,” Trump Jr. said. “Is that aspect of it, there’s just too much money that it’s broken, that it just sort of lends itself to corruption. There’s no real control, right?”

“It’s not even the corruption – you can’t built a business off it,”

Ah yes, if you pay the fighters more than a sliver of the revenue, it leads to unmanageable corruption and so it's bad. Gotta love the blatant gaslighting.

Conor only went as long as he did with Floyd is only because Floyd allowed it lmao.

I said he would say something nice about Ngannou in the thread talking about it. That’s exactly what he did.

He only said the way they operate and the money involved in putting big fights together is messed up. And I can’t imagine anybody disagreeing with that.

They could easily cut some of the costs by 50% and everybody would still make massive amounts of money. Fighters purses cut by 50%. Ppv prices cut by 50%. Tickets to the event cut by 50%. They could probably do that with a lot of costs associated with boxing.

But if you’re stupid enough to pay 100%. You better believe that is what you are going to get charged.

The amount of money people pay to see these events live is crazy, imo. Ppv prices too. Even the UFC MSG card coming up. $600 USD for nosebleed seats to see what was supposed to be Jones/Stipe, and Jiri/Alex.. I wouldn’t pay that. I wouldn’t pay $80 USD for the ppv either.

I’ve paid a lot more for some epic concerts. But there’s no comparison between a band I’ve listened to and wanted to see live for 20, or 30 years. And a fighter out of their prime. Or in their prime for that matter.

And unlike athletes. Rock musicians can still play as if still in their primes when they’re 70+ years old.

Who would pay to watch a 70 year old fighter?

Lol who fucking cares what you like? Lol. 90% of singers sound like shit in person and even more so when they are old as fuck. I'm not gunna come write 56 paragraphs crying about other people paying money to see shitty ass live bands thou cos that would be pretty fucking stupid.

Back