Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

from the OP with reference to Zepol

The gloves are of very high quality and very durable. They are not superior, nor are they inferior, to the BillBoxing gloves. They are merely different.

bill just wondering why are there so many variations in prices for your gloves? Everyone gets a different price of gloves of the same look,size and style.

Regular basic colors are $150.00
in combination $160.00
$170.00 for custom colors that require special tannery orders
$180.00 for gold, silver, fusion foil leather or fluorscent colors.

Very easy....depends on what you want.....RE: custom.

I understand if it is customized it will change prices. The problem is when a non customized 16oz glove is selling for 99.00 on ebay and someone sends you an email telling you its 150.00 for the same glove.

Sir or madam. The $99.99 gloves on ebay were an introductory
price to get the product out there. They were the first produced and of the first wave. We made positive changes in foam quality and then offered the newer refined model as custom for $150.00 price for basic color scheme, NON CUSTOM COLORS, which are more as explained here in this forum because of tannery manufacture.

150 bucks for basic colours Pakistani gloves or 150 for Reyes gloves (or even 120-130 in case they are from Mexican dealers respectively) or 200-250 for Winning gloves... Great to have so comparable options... a tough choice...

Regular basic colors are $150.00
in combination $160.00
$170.00 for custom colors that require special tannery orders
$180.00 for gold, silver, fusion foil leather or fluorscent colors.

Very easy....depends on what you want.....RE: custom.

Ok so the cost of gold and silver ones has gone up again?

Why are these gloves with low overhead / lesser known company so much more expensive than comparable Mexican / American (remember Shevlin anybody ?) like Zepol etc etc ?

Just curious.

Ok so the cost of gold and silver ones has gone up again?

Yes. I had paid $170 for my pair. I didn't even know I could customize the glove in such manners. If they had told me that the glove has barley no palm padding I would've asked for more. If I had known I could have padding on the hand like the heritage I would've asked for that too. I didn't know I could change the padding, making it to a punchers glove.

They didn't inform me of this and then Bill gets angry at me for asking questions he hasn't told me yet. He complains to me that it's "late" and asking me if I'm going to make an order or not. The best way to describe it is, being in a car lot, buying your first car, the salesmen wants to pressure you, and hurry you up, without trying to find out what are my needs first. I think if he would've slowed down, and asked me exactly what I wanted (ex palm padding, ribbed cuff ect.) I would've been happier with the product.

I felt like I couldn't email him to ask questions unless I was going to buy something that very instant. It's not my fault he doesn't have a website explaining all this. He's a good guy and has a great team in Pakistan. He just needs to, tell the customer EVERYTHING he offers, because from my understanding he only made custom colors, Stop acting like a car salesmen and accept any type of question without expecting a buy.

They didn't inform me of this and then Bill gets angry at me for asking questions he hasn't told me yet. He complains to me that it's "late" and asking me if I'm going to make an order or not. The best way to describe it is, being in a car lot, buying your first car, the salesmen wants to pressure you, and hurry you up, without trying to find out what are my needs first. I think if he would've slowed down, and asked me exactly what I wanted (ex palm padding, ribbed cuff ect.) I would've been happier with the product.

I felt like I couldn't email him to ask questions unless I was going to buy something that very instant. It's not my fault he doesn't have a website explaining all this. He's a good guy and has a great team in Pakistan. He just needs to, tell the customer EVERYTHING he offers, because from my understanding he only made custom colors, Stop acting like a car salesmen and accept any type of question without expecting a buy.

Very well said. For such an amount for Pakistani gloves the service should better tnan in Hilton, not just "very good".

Yes. I had paid $170 for my pair. I didn't even know I could customize the glove in such manners. If they had told me that the glove has barley no palm padding I would've asked for more. If I had known I could have padding on the hand like the heritage I would've asked for that too. I didn't know I could change the padding, making it to a punchers glove.

Well shit , why the hell do you rate his customer service as "great" , "no problem" ?

What the hell qualifies as bad service to you guys .......where he comes to your door at midnight and pops you on the mouth ?

Yes I was dealt with the same way. I only found out on the forums that you can get all these custom things done with them. No specifications were given before hand. the one thing I have noticed with all these guys who make custom gear is that they either reply in a rush or they don't reply at all. Juan is the exception to this, his replies are quick and asks you what you would like to see and gives suggestions.

^ This is what happened to me, I didnt pull the trigger I felt rushed.

Why don't you have a proper descriptive website ?

Web sites are geared for brands that carry large inventories that you can go on and order using credit cards. When you deal in custom,made for you items, web sites down't work, as they take approximmately 4-6 weeksto completet the custom order for you. Grant has no website simply because of that.

^ This is what happened to me, I didnt pull the trigger I felt rushed.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I answer emails in the middle of the night because of time zone differences and try hard to give as much info as possible.............Really, don't know who you are, but I've had a 100 guys want exactly what GRANT makes for $450 + dollars aand they get upset cause we charge $150.00 I try folks.

Yes I was dealt with the same way. I only found out on the forums that you can get all these custom things done with them. No specifications were given before hand. the one thing I have noticed with all these guys who make custom gear is that they either reply in a rush or they don't reply at all. Juan is the exception to this, his replies are quick and asks you what you would like to see and gives suggestions.

I spent half the night with you answering question after question . I don't know what I did wrong.

A picture is worth a 1000 words. We've placed pictures of our gear on here for you all to choose and see what is offered and I've spent countless hours in the middle of the night answering questions for all that have asked. Tell me waht I did wrong, Please. Write to me.

Web sites are geared for brands that carry large inventories that you can go on and order using credit cards. When you deal in custom,made for you items, web sites down't work, as they take approximmately 4-6 weeksto completet the custom order for you. Grant has no website simply because of that.

Grant is not the best exemple. First of all they have a facebook page loaded with tons of pictures, secondly they are preparing the website.
But it is not the point. With respect, when one deals with custom gear it is always better (not only better but totally essential and necessary) if your potential customers see all the options in advance. Shapes of the gloves, different kinds of leather and padding with appropriate description and options of combining, different colours and many pictures - of the materials (especially colours) and the gloves/gear. And those pictures at one place (like Grant on facebook at least), not in several threads on sherdog. And PRICES for any combination of options beginning with the basic colours cowhide IMF and ending with camel leather metallic gold with embroidery and 3 kinds of padding (for exemple).
And above all if it will be still not enough for somebody you can make a particular offer just for his order.
Not a big deal and nobody will complain any longer.

There's a distinction though: You're not Grant.

Even if you provide a superior product at a fraction of the cost, you still don't have the clout and notoriety of Grant. When some of the greatest fighters on the planet choose your gear for training/competing in some of the most publicized fights on the planet, then maybe you can have a more cavalier attitude. Until then, you should be doing everything you can to achieve that same status/stigma through airtight customer service.

Having even a basic website that outlines some of the services you offer, and examples of gear you've made in the past would do you wonders. Typing half-intelligible rebuttals with piss-poor grammar on a fighter-friendly forum is a step in the wrong direction. If things like inconsistent pricing and poor customer relations are constantly being brought to your attention, don't you think it would be in your best interest to work towards a solution? Your dismissive attitude will be your undoing if you keep it up.

Bill

Page 9. I kind of tried to explain what you did wrong.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was undergoing this, I personally believe the company has tons of potential. But these prices are kind of high for a product that hasn't been established. Especially all these inconsistencies.

Me being Bill. (or any other new company) I would set my prices rock bottom, get my name out there first, get the product to the consumer, throw in a little something like handwraps or a shirt. Anything. and as my customers demand more, then the prices slowly and consistently increase. I can't buy a product that was once $99 that is for now $160.

Getting reviews out for a product is the #1 most important thing for getting future customers. As you know Bill, Sherdog is one of the primaries if not THE primary place customers look for reviews so they can decide whether to buy the product or not. So here's an idea, Give us reviewer's a discount, get tons of reviews out there, get more consumers, and you're set.

I couldn't believe Bill won't do bundle deals either. the price for a headgear, cup and gloves all together should be less because it's a bundle, but it seems like Bill isn't fond to that idea.

Question. why did you stop making split thumb gloves? And, Do you still have an option for padding, or is it always going to be imf?

There. I gave you so many ideas and I gave GOOD CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Now if you follow my ideas, you can get enough to pay for a good high end website, thus saving you a headache for answering people's questions. thus more buys.

Thank you.

with referance to the city logo i see no issue with it and i'm sure customs wont as well as long as the made or handcrafted-in pakistan is somewhere on the gloves normally on a tiny little size label.

Gloves looks good keep up the good work.

Mike @ Gorilla

Back