Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

Just to put this into perspective, and nothing more..

I have never seen a Pakistani made glove stamped with a North American city //.=and province/state before.

The two biggest brands in boxing are probably Everlast and Lonsdale

1910-pair1.jpg

Everlast 1910, their clothing line etc with Bronx, NY on it all

thumbs.ashx

Lonsdale and most of their line. Lonsdale, London. None of which is made in Europe to my knowledge.

Then one of the biggest in the US with Title, and their "Pro Mex, Mexico" (which is the one that is actually misleading) that's made in China
7562301502p

PBS/Pro Boxing Equipment makes their bags in the USA but also has their logo with USA on it on their gloves as well
PBSTG_1_w600.jpg

Also one of the biggest Australian brands has on some equipment:
611__82791.jpg

There must be other examples but these were the ones that sprung immediately to mind. In my opinion this has been overblown, and was already discussed in another thread anyway. Hopefully it won't derail this one too badly.

Last edited:
I strongly believe Bill's pricing should become more consistent. But it's up to him of course...
However in general his gloves seem to be of a very nice quality. And the whole New Hampshire / Pakistan "problem" is ridiculous, NH is his residence and the residence of his company. It's OK. Actually what do you expect him to do? Should he put a logo like "Bill Boxing, reside in NH, the gear is made in Pakistan"? He openly declares the gear is made in Pakistan. Actually even if somebody does not know it he can always ask before ordering. Let we say somebody's seen gloves on ebay and wants to make an order and he has never read sherdog and thinks the gloves are made in the U.S. Could you imagine he is going to pay 150 without asking (just to be sure) where the gear is made? Don't think so. So where is the problem? This scenario is never going to happen imo.

Last edited:
Actually what do you expect him to do? Should he put a logo like "Bill Boxing, reside in NH, the gear is made in Pakistan"? He openly declares the gear is made in Pakistan.

LOL

You are right!

I went and brought some custom gloves from Bill 2 weeks ago. We had them put on a rush order because HBO is coming to the gym. He hasn't replied my last 2 emails, but other than that, it's been a pleasure working with him, I can't wait to get them gloves in.

On a side note, we need a review on his facebar headgear.

My Lonsdale 18oz gloves are "made in India" lol. I bought it from a local store for like 60 dollar. Its title is "Lonsdale Muay Thai Sparring Gloves" which i can't find anywhere. lol

Epic review! Looking forward to reading more of these types of reviews from you ;)

Good review. I was about to post a question but as a i browsed the whole thing thru it was covered like everything else.

I went and brought some custom gloves from Bill 2 weeks ago. We had them put on a rush order because HBO is coming to the gym. He hasn't replied my last 2 emails, but other than that, it's been a pleasure working with him, I can't wait to get them gloves in.

On a side note, we need a review on his facebar headgear.

hi sir , your gloves has been made on priority basis as per your request and have already been dispatched to USA for final inspection by Mr Bill Beaulieu.i hope you will have them soon.thanks

Just to put this into perspective, and nothing more..

The two biggest brands in boxing are probably Everlast and Lonsdale

1910-pair1.jpg

Everlast 1910, their clothing line etc with Bronx, NY on it all

thumbs.ashx

Lonsdale and most of their line. Lonsdale, London. None of which is made in Europe to my knowledge.
/.

Dont be a revisionist.

Everlast is a 100+ year company that , yes , for a long time was based in the Bronx.
Everlast ; Bronx ; 1910 are bonded together in most memories.

Lonsdale has an even longer history with britain and 50 plus year tie with London.

Billboxing is a brand new company wih no discernible history.
For them to put Hookset ; Nebraska , when the only tie is that the guy underwriting it lives there , is IMO a tad dishonest because it strongly implies that it's made in there.

As for the guy saying should he write reside in us but made n Pakistan .....don't be ridiculous.
The part about putting his residence shouldn't even be there.
Why not put made in Pakistan or even just leave it blank (and less cluttered).

Anyways , that's just my opinion.
A few here agree with me and a few don't.
Such is life.

As for the guy saying should he write reside in us but made n Pakistan .....don't be ridiculous.
The part about putting his residence shouldn't even be there.
Why not put made in Pakistan or even just leave it blank (and less cluttered).

First of all Hooksett is definitely in New Hampshire, not Nebraska.
Well, I always appreciate when the seller declares openly where the gear is made. Imo Bill is doing it always.
The rest is a pure demagogy. Nobody cares Everlast used to make gear in the U.S. years ago. Or Lonsdale or any other brand. The only important thing is where they make it now and moreover how well they make it. That's on the other hand only my opinion...
I am not a great fan of Bill's gear. Imo some if his gear is beautiful but somewhat overpriced. Of made in Pakistan gear I would prefer Heritage.

Dont be a revisionist.

Everlast is a 100+ year company that , yes , for a long time was based in the Bronx.
Everlast ; Bronx ; 1910 are bonded together in most memories.

Lonsdale has an even longer history with britain and 50 plus year tie with London.

Billboxing is a brand new company wih no discernible history.
For them to put Hookset ; Nebraska , when the only tie is that the guy underwriting it lives there , is IMO a tad dishonest because it strongly implies that it's made in there.
LOL@revisionist

Everlast is a company that has openly described their 1910 gloves as "American-made" when they're made in India. Up until recently you thought that there were still boxing gloves being made in England, but I doubt Lonsdale has made any boxing gloves here in the last 20 years. Both companies are owned by Sports Direct which is based in Derbyshire, England. Lonsdale's HQ at this point isn't even in London and is based in the same building as Sport Direct's. Everlast still has its HQ in Bronx though. Still with all this I don't think either should change their labels to "Shirebrook, Derbyshire".

Bill on the other hand is still based in Hooksett. You are apparently unaware that's actually where he first started making equipment in the 80s, and it's where he was selling the gloves that Dan Mosby later made for him, and it's where he's shipping all USA orders from now.

First of all Hooksett is definitely in New Hampshire, not Nebraska.
Well, I always appreciate when the seller declares openly where the gear is made. Imo Bill is doing it always.
The rest is a pure demagogy. Nobody cares Everlast used to make gear in the U.S. years ago. Or Lonsdale or any other brand. The only important thing is where they make it now and moreover how well they make it. That's on the other hand only my opinion...

agreed! had to look up "demagogy" though

Last edited:
Once again .....two companies making products , irreversibly tied to a place for a 100+ years , understandable when they use their original city as part of their logo.

On the other hand , a new upstart company with no history , with its only tie to some city being that the underwriter lives there........not same same.

Ps - Hookset , Nebraska .....Hookset , New Hampshire or Hookset , North Pole .....who cares ?

he made gloves there in the 80s, there's the tie, compared to a company with "London" that's based in Derbyshire, or NY, Bronx owned by someone in Derbyshire again

Lonsdale hasnt got 100+ years either, about half that

And MinowaKid , do u have a man crush on Bill ?
I notice you run to defend him to the death on every thread !

Anyways , if you're happy with your "Hecho in Karachi" gloves and paying 150 US for them then im happy for you.

he made gloves there in the 80s, there's the tie, compared to a company with "London" that's based in Derbyshire, or NY, Bronx owned by someone in Derbyshire again

Lonsdale hasnt got 100+ years either, about half that

Making gloves there 30 years ago , for a small amount of time is not same plus I thought u said somebody else made those gloves .

And read up on Lonsdale's history and what Lonsdale stands for first before commenting.

Lonsdale formed in 1960. Got the name from the Earl of Lonsdale who was involved in boxing in the late 1800s, and he was based in the North West of England and not London.

So read up first please

Anyways , if you're happy with your "Hecho in Karachi" gloves and paying 150 US for them then im happy for you.
Thanks man, appreciate it

Making gloves there 30 years ago , for a small amount of time is not same plus I thought u said somebody else made those gloves .
Bill on the other hand is still based in Hooksett. You are apparently unaware that's actually where he first started making equipment in the 80s, and it's where he was selling the gloves that Dan Mosby later made for him

Anyway, I'm done responding to you

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm ordering some custom Bill Gloves at the end of this week, which is not a terrible price for $150. Ring to cage custom gloves are up to $130, and Bills are clearly on par with them and probably better.

Bill never once said "Made in the USA", his brand, i.e, bill himself, is based where he lives, that's his brand location, not where its made. Not to mention the fact that there hasn't been a boxing glove made in the United states for the past 6 years after Everlast sold. Bill would not make a bad quality product. With his knowledge and experience with Boxing equipment, he's not the kind of guy to make a shitty product.

Everlast gloves for example, are the same and a lot more than Bill's gloves, and are made in China, Bill's are made in Pakistan and very reasonably priced and are able to be customized in a big way.

If you want to pick on a company, pick on, "PRO", based in cali. It clearly states on their website, "Crafted with pride in the U.S.A" that is way more deceptive than anything I've heard as their IMF gloves, for example, are made in Pakistan.

Would I pay for a boxing glove if they were actually made in the U.S? Of course, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and probably never again on a large enough scale to where it would make a dent in the foreign made glove market.

And to say all gloves made in pakistan are the same is kind-of unfair, there are tons of factories in pakistan. Bill's are def. up there in quality.

Back