Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm ordering some custom Bill Gloves at the end of this week, which is not a terrible price for $150. Ring to cage custom gloves are up to $130, and Bills are clearly on par with them and probably better.

Bill never once said "Made in the USA", his brand, i.e, bill himself, is based where he lives, that's his brand location, not where its made. Not to mention the fact that there hasn't been a boxing glove made in the United states for the past 6 years after Everlast sold. Bill would not make a bad quality product. With his knowledge and experience with Boxing equipment, he's not the kind of guy to make a shitty product.

Everlast gloves for example, are the same and a lot more than Bill's gloves, and are made in China, Bill's are made in Pakistan and very reasonably priced and are able to be customized in a big way.

If you want to pick on a company, pick on, "PRO", based in cali. It clearly states on their website, "Crafted with pride in the U.S.A" that is way more deceptive than anything I've heard as their IMF gloves, for example, are made in Pakistan.

Would I pay for a boxing glove if they were actually made in the U.S? Of course, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and probably never again on a large enough scale to where it would make a dent in the foreign made glove market.

And to say all gloves made in pakistan are the same is kind-of unfair, there are tons of factories in pakistan. Bill's are def. up there in quality.

My Shevlins were made in NY that I got less than a year ago, they recently just shut down though for retirement. A lot of the guys who made gloves in NA retired or died and refused to pass on their skills, and the ones who have the skill or at least the knowledge (apparently) don't make the gloves themselves.

I think as recently as 2008 or even early 2009 Dan Mosby was making boxing gloves in the USA as well. Maybe Sergio Garibay will go into making boxing gloves in the near future

I don't think the labeling is a major issue but I can understand both sides. The issue is I don't understand the up and down prices and everyone getting a different quote for the same gloves. This is not professionalism unless of course you are having a sale on them and state so.

Lonsdale formed in 1960. Got the name from the Earl of Lonsdale who was involved in boxing in the late 1800s, and he was based in the North West of England and not London.

So read up first please

The tie of London with Lonsdale came from the National Sporting Club of Britain , which awarded the prestigious Lonsdale belt , not the Earl who just lent his name.

Did you just skim the Lonsdale website and come hurrying back to flaunt your newfound knowledge ?

So an English Earl + 50 odd years of championship history + 50 odd years of business in city = permission to use "London" on logo.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm ordering some custom Bill Gloves at the end of this week, which is not a terrible price for $150. Ring to cage custom gloves are up to $130, and Bills are clearly on par with them and probably better.

Bill never once said "Made in the USA", his brand, i.e, bill himself, is based where he lives, that's his brand location, not where its made. Not to mention the fact that there hasn't been a boxing glove made in the United states for the past 6 years after Everlast sold. Bill would not make a bad quality product. With his knowledge and experience with Boxing equipment, he's not the kind of guy to make a shitty product.

Everlast gloves for example, are the same and a lot more than Bill's gloves, and are made in China, Bill's are made in Pakistan and very reasonably priced and are able to be customized in a big way.

If you want to pick on a company, pick on, "PRO", based in cali. It clearly states on their website, "Crafted with pride in the U.S.A" that is way more deceptive than anything I've heard as their IMF gloves, for example, are made in Pakistan.

Would I pay for a boxing glove if they were actually made in the U.S? Of course, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and probably never again on a large enough scale to where it would make a dent in the foreign made glove market.

And to say all gloves made in pakistan are the same is kind-of unfair, there are tons of factories in pakistan. Bill's are def. up there in quality.

Just cuz one company's doing it doesn't make it right for any others.

If those PRO guys were here I would rip them a whole new hole.

As for the "tons of factories in pakistan".....

I don't think the labeling is a major issue but I can understand both sides. The issue is I don't understand the up and down prices and everyone getting a different quote for the same gloves. This is not professionalism unless of course you are having a sale on them and state so.

True.
Post your prices and let us all know.
None of this "email sent" BS (Grants) ....what are u hiding ?

Destroyer, thank you for such an outstanding review! It was a pleasure to read.

Was flicking through a Ring magazine from the late 90's just the other week with Tito using the patriot colour gloves and thinking how sweet they were.

Keep up the great work!

True.
Post your prices and let us all know.
None of this "email sent" BS (Grants) ....what are u hiding ?

hey man.take it easy!!!the price depends on the level of customization you want and what extra you want besides a normal pair for sparing!!!exotic colors, different padding,some really different requests we get as custom orders that nobody else is even accepting but we do accept and make it however challenging it is.deep down even you know that level of customization we are offering is what no one else is offering...we happily accept constructive criticism and your thoughts towards the betterment of our line...but be rational and logical and don,t take things personally.if i have insulted you somewhere i am sorry for that man...having said that does,nt mean or imply that you should stop criticizing or saying bad stuff about our gear.just try to be on a neutral side and unbiased.thanks for your time

hey man.take it easy!!!the price depends on the level of customization you want and what extra you want besides a normal pair for sparing!!!exotic colors, different padding,some really different requests we get as custom orders that nobody else is even accepting but we do accept and make it however challenging it is.deep down even you know that level of customization we are offering is what no one else is offering...we happily accept constructive criticism and your thoughts towards the betterment of our line...but be rational and logical and don,t take things personally.if i have insulted you somewhere i am sorry for that man...having said that does,nt mean or imply that you should stop criticizing or saying bad stuff about our gear.just try to be on a neutral side and unbiased.thanks for your time

I understand if it is customized it will change prices. The problem is when a non customized 16oz glove is selling for 99.00 on ebay and someone sends you an email telling you its 150.00 for the same glove.

1) I wasn't talking about you specifically.

2) everyone already knows that different custom options means different prices , Einstein.
It's when it's different prices for the same gloves that it's a problem.

3) every time I read your posts it makes my head hurt.
There's a large square-like key on the right side of your keyboard with "Return" or "Enter" printed on it.
Use it.
Also , don't be shy of using caps / proper grammar / punctuation. It would help a lot in making your views semi-legible.
Even better , for Customer Relations , use somebody who knows these concepts from the get go.

The curves on the side of those Ring Side gloves look sexy. Question, does the billboxing gloves utilize real leather? I've heard that most mettalic colors are synthetic. (ie. they don't dye the real leather.)

Zepol look cool, leather looks grade a beef. :)

The curves on the side of those Ring Side gloves look sexy. Question, does the billboxing gloves utilize real leather? I've heard that most mettalic colors are synthetic. (ie. they don't dye the real leather.)

Zepol look cool, leather looks grade a beef. :)

its all real A+ grade genuine cowhide leather until and unless someone asks for horse hide,buffalo hide,goat skin,sheep skin,camel hide or artificial leather including,rexeen,PU,DX,etc etc

its all real A+ grade genuine cowhide leather until and unless someone asks for horse hide,buffalo hide,goat skin,sheep skin,camel hide or artificial leather including,rexeen,PU,DX,etc etc

Is cow hide the most durable? why does the company chose cow hide over the other hides?

Is cow hide the most durable? why does the company chose cow hide over the other hides?

Cow hide is the most common, due to beef being a staple in North America, so the leather is the cheapest.

Thanks BigC.

I hear Bill and his assistant talk a lot about custom equipment and how they take jobs most companies would reject..

I'm just wondering, how far would you guys actually go, all with staying at a discount over winning or Grant?

I'm talking, patent leather, grainy leather, crocodile skin, suade, tri color, and everything in between. Can you guys do any of this? Cause I've seen Grant do everything except tri color, but Zepol does tri color.

I'm just trying to see if you guys could in fact do anything.

???
Seen plenty of Grant tricolors.

Lol , I know one leather they won't do at BillBoxing !

???
Seen plenty of Grant tricolors.

Lol , I know one leather they won't do at BillBoxing !

Grant don't do this type of tri color.. at least I haven't seen it.

2mcer91.jpg
[/IMG]

What leather won't Bill do?

Back