Cub Swanson Seems to Think He Should Be Next in Line For a Title Shot

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I have zero interest in seeing Cub get fucked up by either Aldo or Holloway again. Plus, getting a title shot off of a decision win over Artem Lobov would be ridiculous.

I like Cub but nah, he's lost to every fighter ranked above him.

Aldo-Double-Knee.gif

Z6N9rw.gif
FrequentEvilEquine.gif

If Aldo wins then yes Cub deserves the shot

If Holloway wins give it to Edgar

to be fair, the Aldo fight was a century ago, but I agree

Edgar and Holloway devoured both sides of his soul

If not him then who? Edgar? There's nobody with an interesting claim :(

Featherweight suuuuuuucks.

If Holloway wins, definitely give the shot to Edgar. If Aldo wins, I'd still like to see Cub win 1 more against a guy who's actually ranked. Maybe the winner of Lamas/Zombie.

I'm fine with this. I don't think he can beat Aldo, but I've always hoped he'd get another shot at him. Sucks the way that first fight went down for him. It was over before it even got started.

I think Cub could be competitive with Holloway, despite the way the first fight went.

He's a legit top 5 guy, so I can't argue with him being in the mix for a TS.

cubs best atrribute are his durability and his unorthodox striking.

Other than that he is not a big treat to the top of the division. He leaves himself open to much,
his strikes are wild and often predictable. He is a beast but not Aldo, Holloway, McGregor, good.

Id favor the Korean Zombie and Yair over him as well

I think Cub could be competitive with Holloway, despite the way the first fight went.

He's a legit top 5 guy, so I can't argue with him being in the mix for a TS.
It wasn't competitive at all, Holloway destroyed him.
{<jordan}

I have zero interest in seeing Cub get fucked up by either Aldo or Holloway again. Plus, getting a title shot off of a decision win over Artem Lobov would be ridiculous.

Merely decisioning the 30th best fighter in the FW division devalued his stock, at least to me. But who else is there that's better.

wait... what do you mean the batteries dead?

The guy is on crack.

Let Edgar beat him.

If Holloway wins, then it's Edgar.
If Aldo wins, then I'm sure they can find someone better than Cub who has no chance

I'm fine with this. I don't think he can beat Aldo, but I've always hoped he'd get another shot at him. Sucks the way that first fight went down for him. It was over before it even got started.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Aldo. I personally think Holloway will destroy Aldo after a couple close rounds, however.

The guy is on crack.

Let Edgar beat him.

If Holloway wins, then it's Edgar.
If Aldo wins, then I'm sure they can find someone better than Cub who has no chance
If Aldo wins, I only really have interest in seeing him move up to LW.

No way, the last few wins he has are not against good opponents. Lobov is a can, Choi is very raw and nowhere near ready, Kawijiri is very average and so is Dias. He couldn't even finish any of them, all decisions. I'm not impressed.

He would have to beat a top fighter to get a title shot, someone like Frankie Edgar in a rematch. Cub is a exciting fighter but he had nothing for Holloway and it wasn't even that long ago that fight

1 more win for Cub and i'd throw him in the mix for the next title shot but not now. Frankie should get Holloway if Max wins.

He was the real #1 contender for a year and a half but got snubbed back in 2014. They owe him and if Aldo beats Holloway there is no one else so TS can fuck right off.

Back