Cub Swanson Seems to Think He Should Be Next in Line For a Title Shot

If Holloway wins, Edgar should get it. If Aldo wins, Cub should get it.

No interest in seeing Aldo v. Edgar 3, the first two fights were very similar. Cub has lost to Aldo but the second fight will most assuredly go better than the first.

Nah he isn't on that level but he is a exciting fighter

Cub vs Jason Knight would be nice

Fuck why did Yair have to eat shit to Edgar... FW might be relatively interesting if he was in a contender position

If Holloway wins, then yeah Holloway/Edgar would be a good fight.

If Aldo wins, then there's a lot of options. Edgar should probably go to BW if this happens. Swanson and the KZ/Lamas winner would be the top contenders. But I'd prefer to either put FW on hold for a bit and have Aldo take a LW fight, OR do an Aldo superfight vs the BW champ, whoever that is when the time comes.

It wasn't competitive at all, Holloway destroyed him.
{<jordan}
Considering he broke his jaw and hand in the first round, he still put up somewhat of a fight. I'd like to see them run it back now that Cub seems to have got his rhythm back.

love Cub, but he is definitely not next...can't blame him for trying though.

who has he beaten since the losses to Max and Frankie? Four non-contenders, if we are being honest.

Cub prob needs to beat a top guy to even be in the convo, IMHO. Lamas or KZ are interesting options, or he could call out Edgar for a rematch, maybe (not sure Frankie wants or benefits from that fight though)

So he's saying that he's ready to retire.

If Aldo wins, I don't see who else you can go with. Ideally he would fight again. But sick of Aldo taking a year off between fights. Book him quickly, Swanson will do.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Aldo. I personally think Holloway will destroy Aldo after a couple close rounds, however.

Looking forward to Holloway/Aldo. I think Aldo will eventually chew him up with leg kicks, but we'll see

Been saying that for years
Don't think it will happen
I doubt it ever does but Aldo vs. top 5 LWs is a dream. Shit, he should be next for Tony Ferguson if you ask me. Other than Nate, that's the most compelling matchup for Ferguson if we're still taking Khabib out of the equation.

He got finished by the guys ranked above him recently, and the champ has a stoppage win over him as well. Not saying he can't earn a rematch, but he needs to do a lot more than what he's done to get back into contention.

He was the real #1 contender for a year and a half but got snubbed back in 2014. They owe him and if Aldo beats Holloway there is no one else so TS can fuck right off.

<{cruzshake}>

Just because he beat Siver doesn't mean he deserved a title shot. He had 0 top wins in his streak. Then he fought Edgar and got smashed. He deserved what he got

I dont see him having a chance ever at the belt. 2/3 years ago he was much more dangerous and even then it wasnt enough but nowadays he lost a step and will
never again be a serious contender again.

Uh no. Taking Artem fucking Lobov to a decision hardly warrants a title shot, sorry.

<{cruzshake}>

Just because he beat Siver doesn't mean he deserved a title shot. He had 0 top wins in his streak. Then he fought Edgar and got smashed. He deserved what he got

He had a better streak than Mendes at the same time they gave Mendes the rematch and he had a better win streak when he was forced to fight Edgar than Conor did when they gave him the title shot.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Back