Cub Swanson Seems to Think He Should Be Next in Line For a Title Shot

I have zero interest in seeing Cub get fucked up by either Aldo or Holloway again. Plus, getting a title shot off of a decision win over Artem Lobov would be ridiculous.

It worked for a certain Irish prick :(

Swanson's last fights were all decisions. I want to see him vs Aldo presonally, but if Max wins I see Edgar getting a shot. If that happens idk who Swanson fights then, maybe Aldo again but as a FN headliner.

I have zero interest in seeing Cub get fucked up by either Aldo or Holloway again. Plus, getting a title shot off of a decision win over Artem Lobov would be ridiculous.

That is true. If someone else was to become champ than those guys maybe I would wanna see cub in a fight for the title, but since he got his ass handed by both guys it feels very
Luke warm

Well he might not have a case but that doesn't mean he won't get the shot if Aldo wins.

So many rematches now that they'll have to start giving title shots to the guy whose lost to Aldo the least...

Should be Cub X Aldo II if Aldo wins or Frankie X Holloway if Max wins imo

cubs best atrribute are his durability and his unorthodox striking.

Other than that he is not a big treat to the top of the division. He leaves himself open to much,
his strikes are wild and often predictable. He is a beast but not Aldo, Holloway, McGregor, good.

Id favor the Korean Zombie and Yair over him as well

His shots are technical and to call Cub predictable tells me that you've never seen a fight of his.

Least predictable guy in the division aside from Yair

His shots are technical and to call Cub predictable tells me that you've never seen a fight of his.

Least predictable guy in the division aside from Yair

His predictability in the form that he wings strikes and throws haymakers constantly

He had a better streak than Mendes at the same time they gave Mendes the rematch and he had a better win streak when he was forced to fight Edgar than Conor did when they gave him the title shot.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Mendes was the consensus #2 when he got the rematch, he didn't need to have an impressive win streak. And he did have a better win streak than Conor, but you know how that goes with Conor.

Cub's win streak reminded me of Matt Brown's. Sure he won a bunch of fights in a row, but he beat 0 top guys in the process

Well, he certainly deserves a rematch against Aldo since it was a fluke KO. I mean, it was a fluke right? All I ever see here is how Conor's win over Aldo was a fluke, so Aldo's KO of Cub has to be considered one too, using that same shitty logic....

Well, he certainly deserves a rematch against Aldo since it was a fluke KO. I mean, it was a fluke right? All I ever see here is how Conor's win over Aldo was a fluke, so Aldo's KO of Cub has to be considered one too, using that same shitty logic....
I don't think any time a fighter intentional throws a shot and it lands, it can be a fluke. But I also don't think either of those fights would end as quickly as they did the first time around.

Maybe he is next in the Walmart's checkout line

If Aldo wins nobody else really makes sense.

Aldo-Double-Knee.gif

Z6N9rw.gif
FrequentEvilEquine.gif
I remember the post fight headline for the Aldo vs Cub fight
"Jose Aldo is his name, violence is his game. "
What a beast he was back then.

Sit your ass down, Cub.

I don't think any time a fighter intentional throws a shot and it lands, it can be a fluke. But I also don't think either of those fights would end as quickly as they did the first time around.

I don't disagree about the fights lasting longer. I just think it's hilarious that people throw the term fluke around when it involves someone throwing a strike that they intended to land and it ends the night. It's not like these guys are slipping on banana peels in the ring and falling into a strike to get KO'ed.

The guy is on crack.

Let Edgar beat him.

If Holloway wins, then it's Edgar.
If Aldo wins, then I'm sure they can find someone better than Cub who has no chance

Artem Lobov?

Mendes was the consensus #2 when he got the rematch, he didn't need to have an impressive win streak. And he did have a better win streak than Conor, but you know how that goes with Conor.

Cub's win streak reminded me of Matt Brown's. Sure he won a bunch of fights in a row, but he beat 0 top guys in the process

Lmao. He beat zero top guys but the even shittier list of guys Mendes beat and much more recent embarrassing loss to Aldo at the time didn't bother you at all?

Okay then, bundlecunt. Keep telling yourself that revisionist bullshit if you want but don't whistle your ass in my direction and call it a summer breeze.

Lmao. He beat zero top guys but the even shittier list of guys Mendes beat and much more recent embarrassing loss to Aldo at the time didn't bother you at all?

Okay then, bundlecunt. Keep telling yourself that revisionist bullshit if you want but don't whistle your ass in my direction and call it a summer breeze.

I get you like Cub Swanson, but he'll never get a title shot unless it's gifted to him because he can not beat the top guys in the division. So if it makes you feel better, keep pretending that he deserved a title shot.

I have Edgar and KZ comfortably ahead of Cub Swanson, his best win ruining DHC hype. There is just nothing special about Cub (sorry); KZ is at least is highly skilled in grappling, unorthodox in general, can probably go 25 minutes while Edgar is Edgar; both KZ and Edgar finish fights. Swanson's last 4 wins were decisions, including aging Kawajiri and extremely overhyped Lobov (few fighters have as many losses as they do wins, even bad fighters have comfortable lead in win:loss ratio). When you face that many midtier guys, you need to destroy or dominate them.

the only issues are that yes, Aldo has wins over top FWs KZ and Edgar but a Holloway win would shake up the div.

Back