Crazy things that Christians and Republicans believe

Great meme for a thread called "Crazy things Christians and Republicans believe".
Isaac Newton was a Christian who believed in God as a creator "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done."
Galileo, despite his conflict with the Church, was a Christian. He thought religion and science can co-exist. "Let us therefore render thanks to Almighty God, who in His beneficence protects us from this clangor by depriving such persons of all authority, reposing the power of consultation, decision, and decree on such important matters in the high wisdom and benevolence of most prudent".
"With regard to this argument, I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the holy Bible can never speak untruth".
Darwin subscribed to classic and mid-victorian liberalism, somewhere between today's left and right.
Einstein is the only atheistic lefty on the list.

A lot of these dudes lived in a time where atheism could get you sentenced to prison or worse.

Then why do leftists always fight so hard to take down those words written on the Ten Commandments?
Would you support the moral injunctions of neo-paganism, Buddhism, or Jainism being prominently displayed in our public buildings?

They believe in a magical sky father who no one has ever seen.

Yeah.

That you have dignity and intrinsic worth. Crazy, I know.

List of Lay Catholic scientists

Louis Pasteur

Louis_Pasteur_by_Pierre_Lamy_Petit.jpg

One can identify or belong to a religion without being a moron (Pope Francis, Cornell West, Barack Obama). But no such non-moronic person would ever vote Republican in a federal election.

They believe in a magical sky father who no one has ever seen.

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure there was like a $5,000 sale of a piece of toast a few years ago that shatters this misconception.

I'm pretty sure there was like a $5,000 sale of a piece of toast a few years ago that shatters this misconception.

No, that was a picture on toast of his *son*. We know that because a woman got pregnant before her wedding and told her fiancee that she had never had sex, so only the sky father could have done it. Im a little curious what his DNA would look like.

And this person also leaves imprints of his face on thongs like cloth and toast.

Religion. Totally not just for stupid people. We promise.

One can identify or belong to a religion without being a moron (Pope Francis, Cornell West, Barack Obama). But no such non-moronic person would ever vote Republican in a federal election.

Isn't your religion communism?

Christians live in a delusion.

Republicans carry out that delusion.

No, that was a picture on toast of his *son*. We know that because a woman got pregnant before her wedding and told her fiancee that she had never had sex, so only the sky father could have done it. Im a little curious what his DNA would look like.

And this person also leaves imprints of his face on thongs like cloth and toast.

Religion. Totally not just for stupid people. We promise.

The son is the father.

Your disregarding of the Holy Trinity is #fakenews

Rip seems like a good dude, but I'm honestly thankful hes rural and his kids will likely never amount to much. If he's brainwashing them to believe the shit he does, as Bill Burr says "you're only creating more in the way people"

It's a shame the electoral college had allowed rural people who take in more federal funding than they contribute to have more of a voice than those that actually produce economically for the Nation.

When a Christians kid dies because they tried to pray the cancer away, as fucked up as it is, its kind of a benefit to society.

Crazy things liberals believe: there are 80+ genders.

Then why do leftists always fight so hard to take down those words written on the Ten Commandments?

Because its religious doctrine and Christianity has absolutely caused more damage to America than any other religion.

Anyhow this shit could be endless. The second coming, the planet being 4000 years old....

An individual with equivavalent beliefs would be deemed mentally ill.

Rip seems like a good dude, but I'm honestly thankful hes rural and his kids will likely never amount to much. If he's brainwashing them to believe the shit he does, as Bill Burr says "you're only creating more in the way people"

It's a shame the electoral college had allowed rural people who take in more federal funding than they contribute to have more of a voice than those that actually produce economically for the Nation.

When a Christians kid dies because they tried to pray the cancer away, as fucked up as it is, its kind of a benefit to society.

Id much rather have people like RIP who are raising up God fearing kids then some random dude who talks smack on a sherdog forum and try to spin a kid dieing from cancer and tell people its a benefit to society.

I would also say its people like you that has damaged America... Not people who hold to Christian/judeo beliefs. Guessing you could use some discipline that you missed out in your childhood.

Back