Couture/Toney - Is the UFC handing boxing a gift?

MMA VS BOXING is as easy as this, If the MMA guy gets the takedown he wins, if the boxers gets the punch he wins. nothing more nothing less. SIMPLE!!!

I predict Randy will try crawl across the floor on his hands and knees but Toney will just spike him in the spine with his knee, because that's how a real fight would end

MMA VS BOXING is as easy as this, If the MMA guy gets the takedown he wins, if the boxers gets the punch he wins. nothing more nothing less. SIMPLE!!!
Jose Aldo could probably beat Mayweather in a standup fight. Leg kicks change the game so much. Floyd is a defensive master, but he has no idea how to deal with a skillset like that.

Nay -- Floyd's skills may play right into someone like Aldo's skillset.

Jose Aldo could probably beat Mayweather in a standup fight. Leg kicks change the game so much. Floyd is a defensive master, but he has no idea how to deal with a skillset like that.

I would bet the house on Floyd in a stand up fight, if it was a high level Muay Thai practitioner I would give more credence to your idea, but Aldo is an MMA fighter.

Me and old cat went through this. He kod someone outweighing him by 300lbs in a wrestling match!

Mayorga seems to think the secret is to just run through them

I would bet the house on Floyd in a stand up fight, if it was a high level Muay Thai practitioner I would give more credence to your idea, but Aldo is an MMA fighter.
Let me guess, you think Roger Gracie wouldn't do well in a submission tournament either because he's an MMA fighter?

Elite level strikers (and wrestlers, and submission guys) exist in MMA. Aldo is one of them. Deal with it.

Not competing in high level kickboxing != you don't have high level kickboxing. Antonio Silva didn't need a K1 title to KTFO overeem.

Roger has a prestigious record in BJJ competitions prior to his cross over, tell me what is Aldo's record in the Lumpinee? I like Aldo, but I wouldn't have much faith in him defeating Floyd in a stand up fight. You are essentially negating the advantages an MMA fighter would have against a strictly stand up boxer.

Ok.. so forget Roger Gracie, what about Alan Belcher? He easily handled Palhares on the ground who is an ADCC champion.

Do you honestly think Urijah Faber isn't an elite level submission fighter despite never competing in BJJ?

Oh, and GSP must be a weak wrestler too because he never competed in wrestling at the collegiate level or in the olympics.

Aldo doesn't need a record in lumpinee. Just like guys like Faber and Belcher and GSP, his skills speak for themselves by virtue of accomplishments within MMA.

Mayorga seems to think the secret is to just run through them

Please, be serious, the Mayorga fight was was in !!!Nicaragua!!! against a "MMA fighter" with a recognized record of 0-1 and he won with an illegal hit to the spine, really do you think he found a "secret way" to win? Any low level MMA fighter from a minor organization in USA can destroy Mayorga in less than 2 minutes

Please, be serious, the Mayorga fight was was in !!!Nicaragua!!! against a "MMA fighter" with a recognized record of 0-1 and he won with an illegal hit to the spine, really do you think he found a "secret way" to win? Any low level MMA fighter from a minor organization in USA can destroy Mayorga in less than 2 minutes

recognised record? Who made Fight Finder the official recogniser of fights? They don't even have my cousin listed on fight finder and he's a pro MMA fighter in Ireland. Fight Finder is rubbish. It's a poor man's boxrec.

The 5-1 record stands, and even if it didn't, the guy has still been teaching and practising MMA and BJJ for the last 10 years. It's hilarious the level of denile you guys have been throwing on this. So much so that you're willing to claim the guy has been lying about his whole life.

and I wasn't saying that's the secret to dealing with kicks. I was saying an overweight 40 year old he never trained for kicks in his life managed to run through kicks like they were nothing. And I didn't know being in Nicaragua could give people the power to resist kicks.

Also, you're forgetting the entire point of this fight was to make MMA look better in the country by allowing a low level fighter beat Mayorga.

Last edited:
the fight made clear that both of them had no idea what they were doing.

LOL, Aldo would have nothing but leg kicks from outside the pocket. He would be countered quite easily if he tried to close in to punch or knee Mayweather. Hell frankie edgar was hitting aldo clean with rights :icon_lol:

recognised record? Who made Fight Finder the official recogniser of fights? They don't even have my cousin listed on fight finder and he's a pro MMA fighter in Ireland. Fight Finder is rubbish. It's a poor man's boxrec.

The 5-1 record stands, and even if it didn't, the guy has still been teaching and practising MMA and BJJ for the last 10 years. It's hilarious the level of denile you guys have been throwing on this. So much so that you're willing to claim the guy has been lying about his whole life.

and I wasn't saying that's the secret to dealing with kicks. I was saying an overweight 40 year old he never trained for kicks in his life managed to run through kicks like they were nothing. And I didn't know being in Nicaragua could give people the power to resist kicks.

Also, you're forgetting the entire point of this fight was to make MMA look better in the country by allowing a low level fighter beat Mayorga.[/QUOTE]

why do people keep saying that?

why would they want to do that and make an example out of a hometown guy who just happened to have fireworks going off as he won?

LOL, Aldo would have nothing but leg kicks from outside the pocket. He would be countered quite easily if he tried to close in to punch or knee Mayweather. Hell frankie edgar was hitting aldo clean with rights :icon_lol:
Yeah, Edgar was hitting Aldo because Aldo was afraid to throw leg kicks because he knew he would expose himself to takedowns. Mayweather doesn't pose that threat. Aldo would chop him down from the outside with no threat of retaliation.

Back