Couture/Toney - Is the UFC handing boxing a gift?

It is funny that people still think boxers can beat mma fighters/ k1 fighters in their own games.

I would bet the house on Floyd in a stand up fight, if it was a high level Muay Thai practitioner I would give more credence to your idea, but Aldo is an MMA fighter.

As a hardcore muay thai fan I disagree. Jose Aldo skill in muay thai is more than
enough to chop off Mayweather's legs.
His clinch game also going to destroy boxing's style clinching, and if we are talking
about stand up muay thai rule right here, have you ever seen Buakaw
tossing his opponents to the ground when they clinch him?
That shit hurts a lot, and I have seen champion class fighters get brutally knocked out
by it.
And even if Mayweather manages to stand still, he will get kneed to death,
and no, boxing blocks can't prevent muay thai knees, he will get kneed to the legs
to the thigh, and to the head.
And all of this, I am not even talking about leg kicks to arms, and set up to head kicks.

People shouldn't talk about stuff they don't fully understand, Aldo is not
world class muay thai fighter, but you don't need world class muay thai fighter
to knock out boxer.

MMA VS BOXING is as easy as this, If the MMA guy gets the takedown he wins, if the boxers gets the punch he wins. nothing more nothing less. SIMPLE!!!

Mma guy also can kick, clinch, knee...he also can just guillotine choke boxing guys,
take the back and RNC. And believe it or not, boxing guys can get knocked out
by haymaker, because we are talking about mma gloves right here.

Why you even bringing Buakaw into the discussion? Aldo I don't think can beat floyd in a stand up fight. Your self righteous tone doesn't change my view.

Why do people put together mythical matchups across sports assuming one can't train the other. They are terrible, please go away. Ichibang.

rather than discuss these theoretical and hypothetical matches, we should share some personal stories, and/or actual accounts of cross overs in sports/fighting.

I took up wrestling in High School after watching UFC 2, 3, and 4 on VHS...I became convinced that grappling was the most effective tool in a "real fight"...there were no BJJ gyms in my home country (at the time).

Long story short, I was in incredible shape...the best of my life...stronger, faster, the most stamina I've had...

My older bro comes home from College...and us brothers got together like we normally do and "rough house" or "horse play"...So I'm matched up against my older brother (who scraps a lot and has been in the drunk tank a couple times for street fights)...to see who can make the other say, "uncle."

I immediately go for a double leg take down down and slam in on the ground...before I can improve my position I was already in an incredibly deep Guillotine...and I tapped out right before I passed out....

In wrestling we are not taught to defend chokes. (as they are illegal.)

Just saw it, fight looked shady, maybe even a work.

Why do people put together mythical matchups across sports assuming one can't train the other. They are terrible, please go away. Ichibang.

Then it is another story, but Mayweather still has to toughen up his chin.
I always think that when people bring up mythical match up, they are trying to prove
the point that one style is superior to another, so I don't take the training other styles
in, because it doesn't make the point people trying to prove by talking about mythical match up.

I don't really see a point talking about mythical fights, if you allow world class athletes
to train in other styles for half a year or more than a year, especially if the fight
is all stand up.

rather than discuss these theoretical and hypothetical matches, we should share some personal stories, and/or actual accounts of cross overs in sports/fighting.

I took up wrestling in High School after watching UFC 2, 3, and 4 on VHS...I became convinced that grappling was the most effective tool in a "real fight"...there were no BJJ gyms in my home country (at the time).

Long story short, I was in incredible shape...the best of my life...stronger, faster, the most stamina I've had...

My older bro comes home from College...and us brothers got together like we normally do and "rough house" or "horse play"...So I'm matched up against my older brother (who scraps a lot and has been in the drunk tank a couple times for street fights)...to see who can make the other say, "uncle."

I immediately go for a double leg take down down and slam in on the ground...before I can improve my position I was already in an incredibly deep Guillotine...and I tapped out right before I passed out....

In wrestling we are not taught to defend chokes. (as they are illegal.)

Whenever wrestling guys come to my bjj gym, we always get them in guillotine choke.
I mean with that low stance and neck exposed you are just asking for it.

Then it is another story, but Mayweather still has to toughen up his chin.
I always think that when people bring up mythical match up, they are trying to prove
the point that one style is superior to another, so I don't take the training other styles
in, because it doesn't make the point people trying to prove by talking about mythical match up.

I don't really see a point talking about mythical fights, if you allow world class athletes
to train in other styles for half a year or more than a year, especially if the fight
is all stand up.

What is wrong with floyds chin?

Whenever wrestling guys come to my bjj gym, we always get them in guillotine choke.
I mean with that low stance and neck exposed you are just asking for it.

Yeah, I didn't know what a guillotine choke was until then...

it was truly a painful experience...especially if you don't know how to defend it, or mitigate the pain/pressure while being in that choke..

This was about a year after I joined. Did a quick audit and I think I sidestepped this landmine.

Yeah, I didn't know what a guillotine choke was until then...

it was truly a painful experience...especially if you don't know how to defend it, or mitigate the pain/pressure while being in that choke..
crazy thing is how many of the brazilians get themselves into that same position when they know what it is. maybe it's the heat of battle. kind of like how royce gave up his back against matt hughes inspite of knowing it was a losing move.

It is funny that people still think boxers can beat mma fighters/ k1 fighters in their own games.

B list boxing HW Frans Botha beat Peter Aerts and Jerome LeBanner.

Back