Counting calories is life changing

The fuck do the facts matter if people don't change their eating habits? You do realize they go hand in hand, right? If eating habits don't change, the facts wont change and peoples eating habits sure as hell will never change with insufferable children like yourself leading the charge.
Veganism is growing exponentially with or without my help. I don't care about your feelings and neither do the facts.

I have plenty of reasonable and respectful conversations with people on this topic. I am openly hostile to hatchet because hes a known troll that constantly makes statements that fly in the face of all evidence: "vegetable intolerance" " it's a conspiracy theory that animal ag is damaging the planet".

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids don't eat their vegetables because most people are chit tier parents that feed their children processed garbage so when vegetables are in front of them they don't like it.
Lots of kids grow up with parents who eat and put healthy food on the table and yet they still do not like the veggies. I was one of them although I learned to love veggies later.

Regular consumption of animal lipids leads to high serum concentrations of fat in the blood stream which advances atherosclerosis and can also lead to diabetes and cancer. I used to do the keto thing to after being convinced by rogan and his legion of keto con artists. My endurance went to shit and I developed very slight tension/pain in my chest. Then I learned how to read studies and consulted the literature and learned how what I was doing was the exact opposite of what's optimal for health.

Now after going vegan the chest pains are completely gone, my energy levels are higher (not restricting carbs), my cardio endurance is way better (always an issue for me as a former smoker), and my blood pressure is way way down.

Hoping to get some bloodwork this year to see where my cholesterol and test is at.

What Der Eisbar is doing here and he does constantly is very dishonest.

You can look at pretty much any food group, ANY, and find that if you abuse or too much of it there are deleterious health results. Yes even too much water will kill you. No that does not mean water is bad for you.

Der Eisbar does not separate those things. A proper well balanced diet including recommended amounts of meats/seafood and dairy is a healthier diet than a Vegan one and i've shown that to Der Eisbar when he is not trying to taint the discussion with the above type biased data.

I'm still confused as to how you are having trouble dropping weight as a vegan, especially a young vegan.

Probably eats the shit out of starchy carbs in order to satiate his hunger , that and drinks a lot would be my guess. . About half of the vegetarians ( only know 1 vegan ) I know are overweight because they are too cool with eating cheese pizza and Oreos.

are you using a calorie counting app? Personally that was the difference maker for me. Shortly after I got a fitness tracker (Garmin 920X) that I use to record all my cardio activities I downloaded and synced it to a "my fitness pal" app and it really helped change my diet a lot. Also helps track the macros as well as other dietary tracking. Probably one of the best things I've ever done.
Best way to go IMO

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. There was one study funded by the sugar industry. Numerous modern studies are funded by meat and dairy, and you dont seem to care. An industry funding a study doesn't immediately invalidate the study. It alerts you to potential bias that you should look for. All of these studies you're saying "debunk" vegan diets, are epidemiological or population studies which are incapable by design of finding a connection. Find me mechanistic data supporting your claim: good luck, you cant. It doesn't exist.

“We suggest that future diet recommendations for prevention of cardiovascular disease should take into account that the current literature data does not support the existence of a clear relationship between large intake of red meat and increased risk of myocardial ischemia.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26017245/

Veganism is growing exponentially with or without my help. I don't care about your feelings and neither do the facts.

I have plenty of reasonable and respectful conversations with people on this topic. I am openly hostile to hatchet because hes a known troll that constantly makes statements that fly in the face of all evidence: "vegetable intolerance" " it's a conspiracy theory that animal ag is damaging the planet".
How's that crypto portfolio looking?

Last edited by a moderator:
p4p one of the worst posters on sherdog

5 pounds of meat a day my ass. Prob one of the most unhealthy diets I've seen someone post. It's unbalanced and unhealthy

“We suggest that future diet recommendations for prevention of cardiovascular disease should take into account that the current literature data does not support the existence of a clear relationship between large intake of red meat and increased risk of myocardial ischemia.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26017245/
"We suggest"
Hundreds of studies > one study

That's what I thought. You have nothing to say
Better than verbal diarrhea.

You're "I'm intellectually and morally superior than you" shtick is pathetic.

Arguments that don't align with your beliefs will be dismissed as biased or incorrect 100% of the time. Get on your high horse and get the fuck out of this thread you poor victim.

Every person who has every tried to gain or lose weight should know this fact already.

Every man who says "I just can't seem to gain any weight or muscle" would be shocked at how little he is eating.

Every woman who claims "I worked out 5x a week but just can't lose weight doesn't realize their morning coffee with creamer and butter has like 500 calories"

Counting calories is quite stressful imo.

If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop dismissing every study that goes against your idiotic agenda
I didn't dismiss the study. I was driving and didn't even look at it other than reading the conclusion you posted.

I am simply noting that it wasn't conclusive, and the one study doesn't invalidate or trump hundreds of others.

LMAOOOOOOO

I just opened the study. The full text isn't available, it's just an abstract. You cannot see the study design.

OMFG look at this, here's how dumb you are.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0309174015300188
several lines of evidence attest that diet may strongly influence the cardiovascular risk. We performed an electronic search in Medline (with PubMed interface), Scopus and ISI Web of Science, to identify epidemiological studies on the association between red meat intake and the overall risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD). Eleven studies (8 prospective and 3 case–control) were finally selected for this systematic literature review. Although a larger intake of red meat was found to be a significant risk factor for IHD in four studies (2 prospective and 2 case–control), no significant association was found in five other trials (4 prospective and 1 case–control). We suggest that future diet recommendations for prevention of cardiovascular disease should take into account that the current literature data does not support the existence of a clear relationship between large intake of red meat and increased risk of myocardial ischemia.

Translated since you're scientifically illiterate
"We did a google search and found poorly designed (epidemiological, the exact type of study I told you is incapable of being conclusive) studies. We analyzed 11 of these shit studies, 4 of them showed red meat intake is associated with heart disease, and 5 of them showed it's not. Further research needed"

tumblr_ljnyu5HR3p1qzmowao1_500.gif

1. I asked you for mechanistic data. I know that you don't know what that is, but I asked for it anyways.
2. I pointed out that epidemiological and population studies have poor design and are incapable of being conclusive
3. You went out and found an ABSTRACT FROM A STUDY, where the full text wasn't available.
4. The abstract states they did a google search for epidemiology studies about red meat and heart disease
5. 4 of them showed an association, 5 of them did not.

You are so fucking bad at this.

Back