Counting calories is life changing

Better than verbal diarrhea.

You're "I'm intellectually and morally superior than you" shtick is pathetic.

Arguments that don't align with your beliefs will be dismissed as biased or incorrect 100% of the time. Get on your high horse and get the fuck out of this thread you poor victim.
Your*

Qb4BTd.gif

I wonder if you'll remember these dialogues decades down the road as you're prepping for surgery and living a life of suffering.

I didn't dismiss the study. I was driving and didn't even look at it other than reading the conclusion you posted.

I am simply noting that it wasn't conclusive, and the one study doesn't invalidate or trump hundreds of others.

LMAOOOOOOO

I just opened the study. The full text isn't available, it's just an abstract. You cannot see the study design.

OMFG look at this, here's how dumb you are.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0309174015300188

Translated since you're scientifically illiterate
"We did a google search and found poorly designed (epidemiological, the exact type of study I told you is incapable of being conclusive) studies. We analyzed 11 of these shit studies, 4 of them showed red meat intake is associated with heart disease, and 5 of them showed it's not. Further research needed"

tumblr_ljnyu5HR3p1qzmowao1_500.gif

1. I asked you for mechanistic data. I know that you don't know what that is, but I asked for it anyways.
2. I pointed out that epidemiological and population studies have poor design and are incapable of being conclusive
3. You went out and found an ABSTRACT FROM A STUDY, where the full text wasn't available.
4. The abstract states they did a google search for epidemiology studies about red meat and heart disease
5. 4 of them showed an association, 5 of them did not.

You are so fucking bad at this.

Lol wall of text. There are hundreds of studies that show there aren’t established dangers of red meat or it actually has heart benefits. Keep living in the past. Also if you are so concerned about heart disease and think they veganism helps fat loss(it doesn’t) then why do you have to resort to ECA stack? Lollll

All i know is some 102 year old lady was asked what her secret to living was. She said Bacon, Sausage and Eggs everyday..... WTF.

Veganism propaganda. Hahaha. Like what? Can you provide an example and contrary evidence showing my post is propaganda?
Bro I know you know exactly what I mean, unless ofc you don’t full understand the scope of the term propaganda. You intentionally select the pieces of information that give structure to your own personal ideology & vehemently push that information as if it exists in some sort of objective vacuum, all while slapping away any counter arguments as senseless drivel. You’re always patrolling the forums for any whisper of meat-eating so you can leap up on your fucking vegan pedestal. It’s kinda pathetic.

Bro I know you know exactly what I mean. You intentionally select the pieces of information that give structure to your own personal ideology & vehemently push that information as if it exists in some sort of objective vacuum, all while slapping away any counter arguments as senseless drivel. You’re always patrolling the forums for any whisper of meat-eating so you can leap up on your fucking vegan pedestal. It’s kinda pathetic.
Wrong. I've had numerous conversations with people politely going over their evidence and countering with my own.

You see, there's this thing about science and studies... they're up for debate. Nothing is set in stone. So if someone like Hatchet posts a garbage tier study, and I break it down and specifically point out why it's bad, how is that "slapping away any counter arguments"? Do you know how to read studies? Do you know how to analyze study designs and methodology? Why is simply analyzing study methodology so contentious to you?

Lol wall of text. There are hundreds of studies that show there aren’t established dangers of red meat or it actually has heart benefits. Keep living in the past. Also if you are so concerned about heart disease and think they veganism helps fat loss(it doesn’t) then why do you have to resort to ECA stack? Lollll
No, there aren't hundreds of studies supporting your position.

Post me more links talking about google searches LOLOLOL.

"LOOOK GUYS! HERE'S A STUDY SHOWING IRREFUTABLE PROOF MEAT DOESN'T CAUSE HEART DISEASE!!!"
"Uh... this isn't a study... it's an abstract of any article about google searching studies with poor design"
"Lol wall of text"

Still waiting on that mechanistic data bud....

Wrong. I've had numerous conversations with people politely going over their evidence and countering with my own.

You see, there's this thing about science and studies... they're up for debate. Nothing is set in stone. So if someone like Hatchet posts a garbage tier study, and I break it down and specifically point out why it's bad, how is that "slapping away any counter arguments"? Do you know how to read studies? Do you know how to analyze study designs and methodology? Why is simply analyzing study methodology so contentious to you?
See, it’s this condescending & I-am-smarter-than-you approach that you take that has everyone laughing at you. I’m not talking about whatever HatchetHarry says in this particular instance because the guy’s a moron; I’m just talking about your holier-than-thou approach to the topic at hand. Maybe you have had reasonable discourse w/ other posters about veganism vs the various forms of non-veganism, but I am basing my posts solely off of the way I have personally seen you respond to others.

I haven’t argued against veganism, as I’m sure you could tell from my posts in this thread since you’re a brilliant scholar, but rather I’m just pointing out that you post about it like a complete know-it-all douche bag.

See, it’s this condescending & I-am-smarter-than-you approach that you take that has everyone laughing at you. I’m not talking about whatever HatchetHarry says in this particular instance because the guy’s a moron; I’m just talking about your holier-than-thou approach to the topic at hand. Maybe you have had reasonable discourse w/ other posters about veganism vs the various forms of non-veganism, but I am basing my posts solely off of the way I have personally seen you respond to others.

I haven’t argued against veganism, as I’m sure you could tell from my posts in this thread since you’re a brilliant scholar, but rather I’m just pointing out that you post about it like a complete know-it-all douche bag.
giphy.gif

I admire your passion for veganism, but maybe you could act just a smidge less like a rabid teenager who just had her cellphone taken away every time someone insinuates their meat-eating habits.

I admire your passion for veganism, but maybe you could act just a smidge less like a rabid teenager who just had her cellphone taken away every time someone insinuates their meat-eating habits.
My derision in this thread was directly because this is a diet thread that Madmick won't send to D&S, when he decided to selectively enforce the rules and send my last thread about veganism to D&S where it died.

Who would you rather have babysit your children: a slaughterhouse worker, or a vegan?

As for the rest of your comment: the meat and dairy industry is EXTREMELY wasteful and it's destroying the planet. LMAO @ calling vegan diets wasteful. Hilarious. Peak cognitive dissonance

I'm definitely not Anti-Vegan, but that is one of the weirdest rationalizations I have ever heard. Slaughterhouse worker or vegan? The latter isn't an occupation. And why would either of those two things factor into who babysits my child?

I'm definitely not Anti-Vegan, but that is one of the weirdest rationalizations I have ever heard. Slaughterhouse worker or vegan? The latter isn't an occupation. And why would either of those two things factor into who babysits my child?
It's a perfectly fair comparison. It doesn't matter that "vegan" isn't an occupation. I'm essentially asking who would you rather have babysit your child, X group of person, or Y group of person.

As for your question.

Vegans have higher levels of compassion, and typically have a higher IQ than the general population. Slaughterhouse workers on the other hand, are known to be more likely to suffer from psychological problems including PTSD. The effect of killing innocent animals all day, every day, for months, years, decades. It takes a psychological toll and twists people.

If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop dismissing every study that goes against your idiotic agenda
And he needs to stop advocating people take steroids to get gains and downplaying the health risks while cherry picking data on over consumption of meat and the risks associated.

Hello cognitive dissonance much?

Every person who has every tried to gain or lose weight should know this fact already.

Every man who says "I just can't seem to gain any weight or muscle" would be shocked at how little he is eating.

Every woman who claims "I worked out 5x a week but just can't lose weight doesn't realize their morning coffee with creamer and butter has like 500 calories"
For most that is true but not all.

I was painfully thin all my young life. I started working out at Gold's Gym at 15 and was on a doctor supervised gym diet to try and make some muscle gains since I was not able to keep weight. My metabolism was just to high and I was just too active. I was eating 6000 calories a day and still could not hold a pound but I got shredded all to hell. i look like the anatomy skeleton at the doctors office.

My doctor told me that until my metabolism slowed I simply would not gain much weight. I continued working out and had minor muscle gains but even they came slow. I just don't have the genetics for muscle mass. I was just super lean. I can't remember the number of times I was offered roids by guys in the gym who saw me working so hard and yet with so little results. They would say I just needed that boost to break thru that first wall. I never did and sure enough by age 25 I started to make my first gains. By 30 I was finally at my ideal weight and by 35 and since I have had to watch my weight.

Every woman who claims "I worked out 5x a week but just can't lose weight doesn't realize their morning coffee with creamer and butter has like 500 calories"
I hear this all the time from my sister in law, she goes and does a couple yoga classes, one HIIT class and "ballet Barre" class a week, yet eats two or three full bags of chips, a box of donuts, chocolate, a box of Ritz crackers and that's just the stuff I know about. She is also notorious for sneaking stuff out to the garbage so no one sees it "you know because if no one sees you eating it, it doesn't count". Then complains that she has a medical condition preventing her from losing weight, unfortunately, my wife, mother in law and all her friends enable this shit by showing her sympathy. I say something about her diet and I'm an asshole.

For most that is true but not all.

I was painfully thin all my young life. I started working out at Gold's Gym at 15 and was on a doctor supervised gym diet to try and make some muscle gains since I was not able to keep weight. My metabolism was just to high and I was just too active. I was eating 6000 calories a day and still could not hold a pound but I got shredded all to hell. i look like the anatomy skeleton at the doctors office.

Did you make a typo because I highly doubt it's possible to take in 6,000 calories a day without gaining a pound? Running a marathon is around a 2500-3000 calorie expenditure depending on your weight for example.

I'm down to 220 from 265, but my weight loss has stalled since I moved. I need to get back to it.

Need to lose another 50 pounds or so.
Another fifty pounds? You Tryna be a nugget out here?

Back