Could DC beat ‘Prime Fedor’

How did that end for Randleman and Coleman tho? Fedor's GnP and subs were absolutely crazy back then.

Both guys are (were) amazing and DC would be Fedor's greatest challenge for sure but to say that one would easily maul the other is just silly.

Because neither of them had DCs far more complete game and defensive.

*Popeye's

vFToUiS.gif

daniel-cormier-popeyes-chicken.jpg
Did someone mention Trump?

trump-cat1.jpg

More like 3 of them (Reem, Werdum and Hunt). 1 was a LHW and the other 2 were completely 1 dimensional fighters. That's the sort of fighter Fedor had to contend with. He was a guy that had trained in grappling and striking for a long time, taking on guys that had trained in one discipline and trying to use a basic other discipline in MMA.
Josh Barnett, Andrei Arlovski, Reem, Werdum, and Hunt were all top ten not that long ago. You take guys like them, Frank Mir, Sergei, Ricco, Pedro Rizzo, or even Coleman from 03 and they would wreck most the heavyweights today.

Fedor was too fast, hit too hard and was like a machine. DC is great but no one beats prime Fedor.

Yes, definitely, as evidenced by the two top fighters in the world in Miocic vs Ngannou. MMA has advance light years ahead of what it once was.

How old are you?
Ya this New Breed stuff is ridiculous particularly when you think how many guys who were prime in Fedors era were still competing at the top levels of HW until recently even when they were out of their prime.

Sorry but the HW's of today have better training and nutrition which is a benefit, but the HW's of Fedor's era were better and more talented. Most of those guys would absolutely be at the top today especially given today's advantages in training and nutrition.

Re Fedor V Cormier, that is an interesting matchup. Similar sized guys in their HW prime. I give Fedor the edge in standing striking and subs and fighting off his back. Cormier the edge in Clinch fighting and TD's and top control. They are a wash for GnP.

I don’t understand what the point of these silly fucking stream of “could prime X with a short back and sides beat prime Y if Y was on a pogo stick in Boston and it was on a Wednesday?”.

It’s an unknown, nobody can answer the question, so why don’t you just fucking shut up about it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

3 is a "weak" number to you? You also forgot about Rothwell and all 4 of them are ranked in the top 10, with Overeem and Werdum at 2 and 3. For everything that MMA has become, your LHW's and MW's still avoid the "dinosaur" division like the plague because all of the "evolution" in the world can not save you from a simple heavyweight fist smashing you into Bolivia.

He said half, which would be 5, I was merely pointing out the exaggeration/fake news.

I don't know who you're debating with in the latter parts of your inane ramblings, but jog on, lad.

No way fedor ko's dc. And no way fedor takes dc down. U do the math
Ok so its as standing battle. I give Fedor the edge in distance striking and Cormier the edge in dirty boxing.

it's funny that ko fedor was already out of his prime yet it's prime fedor that ko's everyone in hypothetical land.

Well, what do you think? You think DC is going to wrestle and top control Fedor? Randleman, a freak juiced wrestler, hit the infamous Randleplex on Fedor and still got finished.

Watch the fight not wiki, he lands a liver kick that puts Fujita down and follows up with the choke.

tumblr_necegbhZgc1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
lol. it's the left hook to the jaw. i watched the fight to confirm before posting.

It wouldn't even be fair though. Fedor was from a different era. Most of today's champs would demolish last gen champs. This game has evolved A LOT.

Of course, if Fedor had been in his prime NOW and trained with AKA or something, in terms of physical and mental capabilities, I think he'd have a great run as champ.

The game has not evolved at all. If anything, at HW, it has devolved. Pride HW fights were better than anything the UFC has ever had.

Edit: It's funny people think MMA will evolve when newcomers get 12/12. That doesn't attract lifelong athletes/MMA fighters.

Well, what do you think? You think DC is going to wrestle and top control Fedor? Randleman, a freak juiced wrestler, hit the infamous Randleplex on Fedor and still got finished.
you think randleman trained grappling at the same level dc has been training for years? they're not even close.

lol. it's the left hook to the jaw. i watched the fight to confirm before posting.
nope, sorry. watch the fight yourself and do some research on the effect of liver kicks - a kick to the liver usually ends with the person folding a second or two after the impact. Just so happens that the hook lands as he is crumbling, but the liver kick did the damage, he starts to fold before the hook lands.

That is the Prime Fedor vs the Old Fedor. The guy went through some major wars at a major size disadvantage and, for that, will always be the GOAT. No cutting, no ducking, just fight whoever they put in front of you, from Henderson to Choi, the man backed down from no one. Age and damage over time will eventually catch up to everyone, especially without the juice.
No ducking? He avoided all the top talent by avoiding the UFC, christ he fought Hong Man Choi and mamy other mugs rather than fight in the UFC.

nope, sorry. watch the fight yourself and do some research on the effect of liver kicks - a kick to the liver usually ends with the person folding a second or two after the impact. Just so happens that the hook lands as he is crumbling, but the liver kick did the damage, he starts to fold before the hook lands.
i've taken liver kicks sparring so i do know. i also know he takes a flush hook and stumbles. nothing from his actions after the hook indicate he's shutting down from a liver kick. his right hand actually stays active reaching for a leg once he hits the ground instead of instinctively shelling up.

I favor DC. He’ll be the most well rounded fighter fedor faced with a wrestling background.

Dc via better boxing, cage work and grappling.

No ducking? He avoided all the top talent by avoiding the UFC, christ he fought Hong Man Choi and mamy other mugs rather than fight in the UFC.

if 2007 the top hw in the ufc were randy, timmy, AA, and gonzaga. So who did he really duck he later beat AA and Timmy and tried to get a figth with Randy that the ufc blocked

Back