Could DC beat ‘Prime Fedor’

MMA must be full of J-level athletes then.

Khabib.png
It is

DC came into MMA late because he wrestled for so long. All I am saying is if he started MMA at 23 like Fedor did and was still fighting he would probably have 5 or 6 losses by now after 17 years like Fedor

“Probably have 5 or 6 losses” is an assumption just like “probably fedor took steroids”…

You can't be this big of a moron.... Prime Fedor vs Prime Cormier, is the topic. Are you actually using MMA math here to back your point up? How old are you?
Again relying on childish insults when intelligent recourse is not an option.

Your emotions, your hurt. Facts upset your feelings.

The topic is speculative.

The only conclusive facts are Fedor got his ass handidly beat by Werdum Bigfoot and Henderson.

Cormier dispatched them effortlessly.

Effortlessly.

So lets imagine and speculate Fedor was "out of his prime", for argunents sake, when these guys soundly kicked his ass. They were not a match for DC. The disparity of skill displayed was that vast.

We're not talking when Fedor was kncoked the fuck out by Mitrione , these are common opponents, the only tangible and concrete evidence in a purely speculative topic.

It hurts your emotions, but facts are facts.

Again relying on childish insults when intelligent recourse is not an option.

Your emotions, your hurt. Facts upset your feelings.

The topic is speculative.

The only conclusive facts are Fedor got his ass handidly beat by Werdum Bigfoot and Henderson.

Cormier dispatched them effortlessly.

Effortlessly.

So lets imagine and speculate Fedor was "out of his prime", for argunents sake, when these guys soundly kicked his ass. They were not a match for DC. The disparity of skill displayed was that vast.

We're not talking when Fedor was kncoked the fuck out by Mitrione , these are common opponents, the only tangible and concrete evidence in a purely speculative topic.

It hurts your emotions, but facts are facts.
Nothing "hurts" my emotions. It is called "love of the sport". It would be like some moron telling me that Trent Dilfer is better than Tom Brady because Dilfer beat the Giants in the Superbowl and Brady couldn't.

You are describing fights for Fedor, in which he was using "limited tools" either because of age or wear and tear. 10 years and 30 fights will wear on you, a little bit. Ask Velasquez and JDS where they are at after 30 fights. Oh, that's right, you can't. They haven't even gotten there, yet and are already showing MAJOR signs of slowing down.

Are Caio Alencar and Jared Rosholt better than Miocic? Of course they are because Alencar killed Jared Rosholt and Rosholt man-handled Struve who dispatched Miocic, easily. Hell, Volkov and Travis Browne are head and shoulders above that bum, Miocic. They, both, took care of Struve and Miocic couldn't. You should go and strip him of his belt now!

See what I did there? I pulled an @ermac88.

“Probably have 5 or 6 losses” is an assumption just like “probably fedor took steroids”…
You might be turning your life around, brother. You just might be starting to "understand" the sport.

Nothing "hurts" my emotions. It is called "love of the sport". It would be like some moron telling me that Trent Dilfer is better than Tom Brady because Dilfer beat the Giants in the Superbowl and Brady couldn't.

You are describing fights for Fedor, in which he was using "limited tools" either because of age or wear and tear. 10 years and 30 fights will wear on you, a little bit. Ask Velasquez and JDS where they are at after 30 fights. Oh, that's right, you can't. They haven't even gotten there, yet and are already showing MAJOR signs of slowing down.

Are Caio Alencar and Jared Rosholt better than Miocic? Of course they are because Alencar killed Jared Rosholt and Rosholt man-handled Struve who dispatched Miocic, easily. Hell, Volkov and Travis Browne are head and shoulders above that bum, Miocic. They, both, took care of Struve and Miocic couldn't. You should go and strip him of his belt now!

See what I did there? I pulled an @ermac88.
Well your "love of the sport" is touching your emotions to a point where you cant rationally and cohenerently type, this means you are emotionally touched. You should control that as you would in regular conversation otherwise communication is pointless.

You're again grasping at things that aren't what I posted or even relevant, "You should go and strip him of his belt now!"

These are multiple common opponent that beat Fedors ass and weren't remotely competitive for DC, infact no ONE in DC's career other than Jon Jones has been an overwhelming challenge.

Again this is a speculative, subjective conversation.

But the disparity in skill exhibited by DC against modern fighters compared to that of Fedors is just too overwhelming in my assessment and this is the only substantive evidence we have, which has formulated my opinion.

Well your "love of the sport" is touching your emotions to a point where you cant rationally and cohenerently type, this means you are emotionally touched. You should control that as you would in regular conversation otherwise communication is pointless.

You're again grasping at things that aren't what I posted or even relevant, "You should go and strip him of his belt now!"

These are multiple common opponent that beat Fedors ass and weren't remotely competitive for DC, infact no ONE in DC's career other than Jon Jones has been an overwhelming challenge.

Again this is a speculative, subjective conversation.

But the disparity in skill exhibited by DC against modern fighters compared to that of Fedors is just too overwhelming in my assessment and this is the only substantive evidence we have, which has formulated my opinion.
You avoided the Roshold vs Miocic or Browne vs Miocic argument, along with the Trent Dilfer vs Tom Brady comparison that mirrors your Cormier vs Fedor viewpoint. Again, those losses for Fedor were after 10 years of dominance. All fighters lose a step so why would Fedor be any different? I am a fan of Fedor's body of work but even I could see his skills and speed diminishing. You are comparing Cormier on the upswing vs Fedor on the downswing and it rings extremely hollow. You also failed to mention that Gustaffson was an extremely close decision for Cormier and Johnson had Cormier badly hurt in their first fight but was able to recover and secure the victory.

If you don't like Fedor, I understand but, in his prime, Fedor was nearly unstoppable. Cormier has proven that in his prime he could be beat, twice, albeit to a juiced up crackhead in jones but do you not think that Fedor faced some "roid monsters" in his time that didn't have to cut weight?

But I like your way of thinking, that's why I believe that Muhammad Ali is around number 6 or 7 on the GOAT boxing list behind Lyle McDowell, Tony LaRosa, Jimmy Thunder and Renaldo Snipes. Hell, he's lucky if he's even in the top 20.

You avoided the Roshold vs Miocic or Browne vs Miocic argument, along with the Trent Dilfer vs Tom Brady comparison that mirrors your Cormier vs Fedor viewpoint. Again, those losses for Fedor were after 10 years of dominance. All fighters lose a step so why would Fedor be any different? I am a fan of Fedor's body of work but even I could see his skills and speed diminishing. You are comparing Cormier on the upswing vs Fedor on the downswing and it rings extremely hollow. You also failed to mention that Gustaffson was an extremely close decision for Cormier and Johnson had Cormier badly hurt in their first fight but was able to recover and secure the victory.

If you don't like Fedor, I understand but, in his prime, Fedor was nearly unstoppable. Cormier has proven that in his prime he could be beat, twice, albeit to a juiced up crackhead in jones but do you not think that Fedor faced some "roid monsters" in his time that didn't have to cut weight?

But I like your way of thinking, that's why I believe that Muhammad Ali is around number 6 or 7 on the GOAT boxing list behind Lyle McDowell, Tony LaRosa, Jimmy Thunder and Renaldo Snipes. Hell, he's lucky if he's even in the top 20.

Youve again typed a great deal of irrelevant non sequitur.

The only tangible evidense is how both fighters performed against modern, common opponents in sanctioned organizations-

And the discernable evidense is palpable in regards to who wins a hypothetical fight.

The only tangible evidense is how both fighters performed against modern, common opponents in sanctioned organizations-

And the discernable evidense is palpable in regards to who wins a hypothetical fight.
I like what you did there. You've tried to "intelligently" avoid the questions that follow the same guidelines that you've set for Fedor vs Cormier. Roshold would dispatch of Miocic, easily, according to your logic. Fedor was, clearly, not in his prime in fights with those common opponents and that is what was posed in the original thread: Prime Fedor vs Prime Miocic. We know that you will take any chance you get to disparage Fedor but at least be fair in your remarks. You seem to be able to type intelligently, so, I don't understand why you can't think intelligently, as well.

I like what you did there. You've tried to "intelligently" avoid the questions that follow the same guidelines that you've set for Fedor vs Cormier. Roshold would dispatch of Miocic, easily, according to your logic. Fedor was, clearly, not in his prime in fights with those common opponents and that is what was posed in the original thread: Prime Fedor vs Prime Miocic. We know that you will take any chance you get to disparage Fedor but at least be fair in your remarks. You seem to be able to type intelligently, so, I don't understand why you can't think intelligently, as well.

I got nothing against Fedor, that's silly to me. Infact I dont dislike any fighter. I wish I caught him earlier in his career but Pride was on so infrequently with my cable at the time.

Im just drawing an opinion on what ive seen from both fighters, there is obviously no irrefutable conclusion based on a hypothetical.

This was an extremely long winded way of avoiding the question of whether or not guys like Overeem, Werdum, and Hunt are better now than they were during Fedor's "prime" days.

Answer the question, stop avoiding shit.

And what about in the 11 years Fedor has been fighting since Pride closed?

the best werdum 2013 - 2015 looked like shit vs 90 years old, half blind grandpa Nog. Pride Werdum/UFC Werdum ... both had their advantages, but his MT still sucks ... even for HW standards.
i would still favour young hunt vs ufc (not current hunt) hunt, cuz he was far more agile/faster ... would have been a great fight.

ubereem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current reem.

It's 'evidence' mr dictionary muncher.

I got nothing against Fedor, that's silly to me. Infact I dont dislike any fighter. I wish I caught him earlier in his career but Pride was on so infrequently with my cable at the time.

Im just drawing an opinion on what ive seen from both fighters, there is obviously no irrefutable conclusion based on a hypothetical.
It is true that a hypothetical will always be based on opinion and that is why they always start with a "who/what do you think". If you take their strengths and weaknesses and make your assessment, it would be considered a rational assessment. However, if you take blatantly obvious examples of an advantage/disadvantage that is outside of the realm of the "hypothetical" (age/injury) and apply them to the hypothetical in order to present stronger evidence for your opinion, then you are exhibiting a bias that, although naturally occurring, is still that... biased. As I said before, using Trevor Berbick as a "common opponent" for other fighters and Muhammad Ali would not allow Ali to be placed anywhere near a "Top 100 Boxers of All Time", however, most everyone can acknowledge that Ali was nowhere near his prime in that fight.

If your opinion is that Cormier would win, that is fine and it makes for a great debate, as they both are/were great fighters in their era, the match-up would have been incredible and we can just agree to disagree.

If he'd used the ropes to reverse Lindland you'd have seen them move a significant amount but they didn't.

Umm.. he had his whole arm over the ropes for 5 seconds... he grabbed them twice.. he HELD them once..and only then did it accomplish the reversal.

Lame, considering Lindland probably was giving up what, 35lbs?

Umm.. he had his whole arm over the ropes for 5 seconds... he grabbed them twice.. he HELD them once..and only then did it accomplish the reversal.

Lame, considering Lindland probably was giving up what, 35lbs?

He had his arm on the ropes because Lindland was pushing him back into them but again you don't see the ropes bend which they would if he were using them for leverage to block a takedown and/or reverse Lindland.

He had his arm on the ropes because Lindland was pushing him back into them but again you don't see the ropes bend which they would if he were using them for leverage to block a takedown and/or reverse Lindland.

He grabs them, they bend. He puts his arm over them, they bend.

Multiple times hah.

He grabs them, they bend. He puts his arm over them, they bend.

Multiple times hah.

He grabs when for a very brief moment as Lindland first punished him backwards and not when Lindland is trying to actually complete the throw, at the key moment when he reverses you can see the ropes(which are really loose for MMA which is what creates a lot of the problem) don't move as they would were he getting leverage from them.

You look closely at you can see his hand is open as well resting ontop of the ropes at that key moment.

Last edited:
Back